Are you glad to be a Derby fan?

IslandExile

Are you glad to be a Derby fan?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We are all Derby County fans. We have no choice. We support them through thick and thin - and always will. It's our club.?

But would you rather things be a little less stressful? A few years of respite? Or maybe, the "stress" (not real stress) of chasing a Champions League spot?

Yes there are other possibilities. It's late, been a long day and I'm too knackered to list all the possible options. Don't find one you like, just write about it - or move on. Ta.

Personally, I have found the last few months to be traumatic but I do think we will look back and remember the achievements, the games, the togetherness very fondly.

I love being a Derby fan. COYR ?

If you are a true and loyal supporter of your club, not just Derby County, you take the rough with the smooth, the agony and the joy, but you remain a fan to your home club all your life.

I've been supporting, home and away, in the sunshine, snow, wind and rain, for 60 years, and I've seen it all from 1962 to 2022, with the good, bad and mediocre managers and players, but they all come and go in the end, but as a supporter all you can really do is watch and argue from the side lines with your mates and family of what the club and team should be doing.

I've watched and read about all the controversies, the record breaking transfers, the sackings and bust-up's, and twice, under Maxwell and Morris, close to liquidation, the promotions and relegations, but I'll still be there on Saturday 30th July to see them kick-off another season, my 61st.

Whoever the new owner, new manager and players are going to be, let's get out our flags, scarves and shirts and give them our wholehearted support for another season.

I voted mid table mediocrity in premier league. Been there watched us at that level,   remains the highlight of my Derby supporting life but also remember people getting wound up that smithy wasn’t the guy to take us to the next level and Europe. No one is satisfied. We always want more.

Im Derby through thick and thin but f*** me im not happy with us being in league one and the Bamfords being premier league. But I’d never shirk my allegiance. 

Regarding the boring premier league, family connections mean I could support United city or the Geordies, I’ve plumped for City in honour of my Nan and also to piss my Derby born Liverpool fan mate off (he has no connections other than he’s a glory hunter, or the classic I liked the silver candy sponsored away kit in the late 80s/early90s so started supporting them)

3 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I voted mid table mediocrity in premier league. Been there watched us at that level,   remains the highlight of my Derby supporting life but also remember people getting wound up that smithy wasn’t the guy to take us to the next level and Europe. No one is satisfied. We always want more.

Im Derby through thick and thin but f*** me im not happy with us being in league one and the Bamfords being premier league. But I’d never shirk my allegiance. 

Regarding the boring premier league, family connections mean I could support United city or the Geordies, I’ve plumped for City in honour of my Nan and also to piss my Derby born Liverpool fan mate off (he has no connections other than he’s a glory hunter, or the classic I liked the silver candy sponsored away kit in the late 80s/early90s so started supporting them)

Its going to be a v tough few years for us nottingham based folk isnt it.

still… i picked my bed so i have to lie in it lol

coyr!!

5 hours ago, ImARam2 said:

If you are a true and loyal supporter of your club, not just Derby County, you take the rough with the smooth, the agony and the joy, but you remain a fan to your home club all your life.

I've been supporting, home and away, in the sunshine, snow, wind and rain, for 60 years, and I've seen it all from 1962 to 2022, with the good, bad and mediocre managers and players, but they all come and go in the end, but as a supporter all you can really do is watch and argue from the side lines with your mates and family of what the club and team should be doing.

I've watched and read about all the controversies, the record breaking transfers, the sackings and bust-up's, and twice, under Maxwell and Morris, close to liquidation, the promotions and relegations, but I'll still be there on Saturday 30th July to see them kick-off another season, my 61st.

Whoever the new owner, new manager and players are going to be, let's get out our flags, scarves and shirts and give them our wholehearted support for another season.

Totally agree, lets show the world that pride park sea of black and white.. always gives me goosebumps

let the world see that we’re not just still very much alive and kicking but show them  that we’re coming out fighting and will be a force again 

After all this time and effort, truth is I simply can't be arsed to change now... or even dream of changing!  Just plod on.  Hopefully my days will end before Derby's, so I end up a lifer!
After years of being an Ossie-Ender, and then a SE Corner-ite (When South Stand was still away fans), I'm now sat in the dull NE corner, and do you know what... I can't even be arsed to change my seat, so what chance of changing my club!  ?

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

After all this time and effort, truth is I simply can't be arsed to change now... or even dream of changing!  Just plod on.  Hopefully my days will end before Derby's, so I end up a lifer!  It's simply too late to even bother now!
After years of being an Ossie-Ender, and then a SE Corner-ite (When South Stand was still away fans), I'm now sat in the dull NE corner, and do you know what... I can't even be arsed to change my seat, so what chance of changing my club!  ?

9 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

After all this time and effort, truth is I simply can't be arsed to change now... or even dream of changing!

Just to clarify.....I wasn't suggesting anyone change allegiance. That's impossible, right? No matter what we go through.

I was merely asking if people wished for Derby County to have a few hum drum years languishing in mid table, winning some, losing some, in the Premier League.

Or do they prefer the roller coaster ride that we always seem to be in?

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Just to clarify.....I wasn't suggesting anyone change allegiance. That's impossible, right? No matter what we go through.

I was merely asking if people wished for Derby County to have a few hum drum years languishing in mid table, winning some, losing some, in the Premier League.

Apologies.  I got muddled!  ?

In that case, I want opt 3.  How do I change my vote!  ? ?

14 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

A couple of hum drum days would be nice….

This doesn't feel like Derby County anymore

It's been burned down and then the scavengers came to take what the fire didn't. 

There's an empty feeling for me. Like a complete defeat. I expect relegation from League 1 but it's not just about that. 

I can accept tough times. Bad decisions, relegation, player sales, no money. This is so much worse than that. We're left with nothing to survive with. A couple of buildings and a badge. 

We can't even offer people who want to stay that contract. We can't focus on kits, transfer nonsense, fixtures and that often deluded optimistic thrill that comes with August. 

We're a business opportunity for a chancer. Quantuma have taken on the club and are so terrible that Mel Morris is asking his wife "was I as bad as them at this gig?"

Seeing Derby County in the news linked to the likes of CK, Alonso and some middle Eastern fella we can't even Google with any accuracy is horrible. Throwing ourselves at the mercy of characters like CK and Alonso. 

We're talking up Mike Ashley like he's alright. Spoilier; he's not. He's a tool. 

If the Devil bids we'll be like "yeah, but nobody ever gets cold in his realm. And he's kept that place ticking over nicely for 1bn years" 

Excited about a prospect? Gone. 

The lie we tell ourselves every year that we might actually be good? Gone.

The first world problems under Mac? The togetherness under Lamps? The budget battling of Clough? The inspiration of Rooney? The weighing up of Rowett? Having to like Billy Davies? All better places than now! 

Even Paul Jewell and Phil Brown were only utter rubbish

This isn't rubbish. We can't even gather enough players to be rubbish. Rubbish is literally what we hope to be. Cus the alternative is we don't exist. And to be honest it feels like we don't exist. We're going through all this to salvage a massive stadium that will be half closed soon, a badge and a history that can't be taken from us fans and means nothing to anyone else otherwise Chelsea wouldn't be the only club in the world suffering. 

Maybe tomorrow I'll feel different but Derby County means nothing right now. Its exhausting trying to focus on a football club that's so broken, consumed by greed and arrogance and being whored out to anybody who has a few quid to lose. 

Rubbish game anyway. With its stupid VAR and weird obsession of messing with rules that were fine when Augustus played for Roma. Blokes rolling around everywhere while the brains at the top can't figure out how to stop the cheating or what to do when they find racism. Just grand gestures made from their morning s**** that fix nothing. Clubs going out of business but let's do a European Super Duper League. Let's have this player worth £150m but that club couldn't pay a fraction of that to exist in our league.