New manager, who do you want?

RoyMac5

10 hours ago, Dimmu said:

As much as I like Liam, I don't see him as a main man. He's lacking that something which is hard to put in words.

I do know what you mean. I feel the same way about Jody Morris.

I really like them both but I struggle to imagine them as the main man, the manager - some people seem to make better assistants.

That all said, I'd like to see Rosenior have a few months in the role to see how he gets on.

We'll be good enough to stay up but won't have enough decent, new players to make a serious promotion challenge. So this season is a free hit really while we consolidate and shine our nice new clean slate.

On 24/06/2022 at 23:21, Oldben said:

Who ever buys the club, i guess spent at least 50 million doing so.

So I don't think that new owner, says I want a manager with a rubbish track record to lift this club out of league one.

I can't see the new owner not wanting an immediate escape out of league one

I'm sure everyone connected to the club would like to get out of L1 asap. The reality is, we will have to comply with post administration financial constraints, approved by the EFL. This will probably mean signing players on fairly low wages. I don't expect the club will be able to offer a new manager big salary. This may perhaps make an internal managerial promotion more likely. 

11 hours ago, Dimmu said:

As much as I like Liam, I don't see him as a main man. He's lacking that something which is hard to put in words

White Skin? That's the only thing stopping him getting the big jobs. He was more qualified than Rooney, and more experienced in a coaching environment, yet Rooney got the nod.

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

White Skin? That's the only thing stopping him getting the big jobs. He was more qualified than Rooney, and more experienced in a coaching environment, yet Rooney got the nod.

Rooney had also played at the highest level for 16 years and was more likely to bring in a better calibre of player and increase TV revenue, sponsorship, media coverage and Morris hoped bring in someone to give him a lot of cash in a buyout. In football it's always the cash you can bring in or deal you can gazump. 

That's what I think stopped him getting the the nod personally.

13 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

That's a big accusation and an unfounded one too. Unless you were involved in the appointment process you know nothing of how the decision was made,  and on what basis.

Rosenior has a chance now to show what he can do, let's hope he proves himself as a top manager and that he is a better manager than Rooney, but until he does that accusations of racism are frankly pointless and do nothing at all to further the chances of ethnic managers within the game.

3 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Rosenior feels like a massive risk at this point. We've got an absolute threadbare squad with little time and a small budget at first to build a squad that can compete at the right end of the division. Whilst Clowes will be the savior to begin with, how long will that goodwill last if we start struggling in the third division.... Rosenior whilst being a no.2 has never been a no.1 and is now the right time to be gambling on him making that leap? I totally understand why some people want Rosenior and time is not in our favour  but I'm not entirely convinced.

I guess the incompetent admins had to appoint an interim manager. The club is skint and Rosenior already an employee, so a bit of a no brainer (quite appropriate for Quantuma). If Clowes is serious about buying DCFC, he will already be thinking about filling the vacant mangers role. So theres a fair chance that LR won't actually be in charge of any competitive games. 

10 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

That's a big accusation and an unfounded one too. Unless you were involved in the appointment process you know nothing of how the decision was made,  and on what basis.

Rosenior has a chance now to show what he can do, let's hope he proves himself as a top manager and that he is a better manager than Rooney, but until he does that accusations of racism are frankly pointless and do nothing at all to further the chances of ethnic managers within the game.

no accusation made at all. I was suggesting unconscious racial bias, and I am not the first person to suggest it in the appointment of Rooney over Rosenior after there was a team of 4 put in charge when Cocu left. In fact, it hadn't entered my mind until the Black Lives Matter discussions in the Media turned to it and started discussing it as another example of lack of trust in Black Managers.

31 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Life isn't all about qualifications and experience, but wider skills.  WR had amazing wider skills - five times Premier League winner; Champions League winner etc. He is box office and we had him in the club.  At the time, it simply wouldn't even be a decision.

Now, however, in our situation I would employ LR every day of the week.   Cost effective, knows the club, stability when you have been ravaged by a tornado - terrible damage has been done and the clean up is about to begin, but we have survived.  The right man (or woman) for any job is almost always determined by the circumstances you find yourself.

11 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

no accusation made at all. I was suggesting unconscious racial bias, and I am not the first person to suggest it in the appointment of Rooney over Rosenior after there was a team of 4 put in charge when Cocu left. In fact, it hadn't entered my mind until the Black Lives Matter discussions in the Media turned to it and started discussing it as another example of lack of trust in Black Managers.

I can't deny it would be lovely to have a black manager, as I agree it is shocking how few there are in relation to the player population. Wouldn't employ someone on that basis, but would be a really nice extra for employing LR.

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

With 2 managers with no experience I think that the appointment of Rooney is easily justifiable, a bigger name, bigger playing experience, potentially better connections within the game, some might argue that it was a no brainer.

Just because an organisation like BLM, with a vested interest, point to this as an appoint with racism at its core, doesn't make it so. There is very little basis for their argument other than Roseniors ethnicity, no previous history from Derby County or Mel Morris, no hints from the clubs player recruitment and no suggestions that the fan base hold racist views.

In my opinion this is a pointless non argument, he has his chance to show what he can do, and as Derby fans I'm certain that we all want him to do well, and that has f*** all to do with the colour of his skin.

2 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

I 'll try to help. Cricket where I come from is an insect so we started from a low base. After arriving in blighty, i thought i'll found out what is this sport played in pyjamas with lots of standing around is about. Someone tried to explain it to me, did a reasonable job, but he killed it with his closing statement.

"they can play for 5 days, it ends up in a draw and it can be a good result". I thought that cant be right, 30 years on still trying to get into it, not very hard though...

(back then no T20 or IPL of course)

You forgot the section that goes... 

There are two teams who take it in turns to score. The team trying to score have 2 batters who are "in" which means that they go out on the field. When a batter is "out" he comes in and the next batter who's "in" goes out. Eventually when the whole team who were "in" are "out", then the team who were out on the field are "in" and they come in whereas the team who were "in" are now "out" and so go out on the field....... ?

I think LR will have been given the job with him possibly bringing in someone with experience into the club to help him out, giving him the chance to gain managerial experience ,someone all his team can work with, knows the lower leagues ,out of work but won’t cost much and would like the opportunity. Step forward Ian Holloway, not too much abuse please.

9 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

You forgot the section that goes... 

There are two teams who take it in turns to score. The team trying to score have 2 batters who are "in" which means that they go out on the field. When a batter is "out" he comes in and the next batter who's "in" goes out. Eventually when the whole team who were "in" are "out", then the team who were out on the field are "in" and they come in whereas the team who were "in" are now "out" and so go out on the field....... ?

spacer.png

1 hour ago, falconram said:

I think LR will have been given the job with him possibly bringing in someone with experience into the club to help him out, giving him the chance to gain managerial experience ,someone all his team can work with, knows the lower leagues ,out of work but won’t cost much and would like the opportunity. Step forward Ian Holloway, not too much abuse please.

No chance.  If someone experienced like that is hired, their wage cost would mean they would need to be number 1.  LR would always be looking over his shoulder.

This season is really about getting used to our new surroundings.  LR might be someone to nurture and give space to.  It feels a little Eddie Howe.

9 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Did you think this through before posting? 

I'd try and get Chris Hughton tbh. i know he didnt work out for Forest but think he'd be crucial for us in a rebuild.

I like Liam but hes never managed a team like this and its the biggest rebuild in our history. He's also a name that wont attract youngsters from other academies like Rooney did.

Or i'd go for Jody Morris and try and poach Chelsea academy players ? Lampard might help his old mate out and send us Pickford or summet... Hopefully not Gylfi sigurdson Jim Carrey Omg GIF  

Edited by CodnorRam