New manager, who do you want?

RoyMac5

We need a new owner first then we need a budget - then we need someone who has made their money if it a big name with the contacts we will need and then we will need the fans patience with what will be served up in the third division. 

11 hours ago, northantsram said:

Agree mate, we in League 1 now though and we would be lucky to get someone of his calibre. Top manager

And top bloke with everyone working at the club. All devastated when he went. For once I am ITK!! Would be my first choice but unless he wants a huge challenge dont think he would come and dont think we could pay him

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

We need a new owner first then we need a budget - then we need someone who has made their money if it a big name with the contacts we will need and then we will need the fans patience with what will be served up in the third division. 

Fanbase wont expect anything this season. We are realistic enough to know that stopping up/ mid table will be an achievement

1 hour ago, OUTSIDER said:

Can't see other than Liam,  all the talk of warlock,  jody, dyche etc is in my opinion fantasy, can't any of them taking a risk at the basket case of Derby County.  

Clowes looks to have taken pole on the takeover but I can't see him having the spending power to attract a manager to drop into lge 1 .

After all that's why Rooney decided enough was enough. 

Who ever takes over has a tough job ahead....its only few days before the out of contract playes are gone

"After all that's why Rooney decided enough was enough." 

bit of a leap!

If we werent in such perilous situation, i would go for a very left field suggestion, Emma Hayes, proven manager at the highest level and a winner. when on the tellybox as a pundit, she's very good, clearly knows what she's on about unlike the majority of her male conterparts.

The reason i say perilous is because if the "experiment" did not work out, it's never been done in this country afaik, the fact that we are in such a bad way before the appointment of a female boss may be somewhat forgotten and would not give the new gaffer a level playing field. 

Edited by EtoileSportiveDeDerby

Really can't see anything other than appointing Liam as interim manager (if he wants it) and see how things go.

I don't think it's going to be anything other than a really tough season for whoever gets the role: massive recruitment needed; shoestring budget; trying to get a new group of players to gel with little time before the new season starts.

A few people have mentioned this, but it’s important to remember that the search for a manager is bound by financial restraints. To take a manager under contract elsewhere, in almost all cases we will need to pay compensation. Even if we take a manager who is currently unattached, do they have agents to pay? A signing on fee? I’m less convinced on those last two points, particularly in League 1, but nothing would surprise me.

I am guessing that the Clowes loan didn’t budget for a lump sum for a new manager. If the budget isn’t there, the administrators won’t (legally can’t?) spend more than they need to.

Given Rosenior is under contract for one more year (I’ve assumed this), if he wants the job he will get the job. Bear in mind that players arrive for preseason training on Monday, and someone needs to be there to put the cones out and hang the nets up etc. ? so if it’s not Rosenior then Quantuma need to act very fast. And that’s not exactly their style, is it?

Also- we are still in administration, and may be so for some weeks/months yet. I really hope that’s not the case, but I’m prepared for the possibility. It means this season is going to be all about survival and consolidation. So it feels neat to me to let Rosenior have the last year of his contract, and then we reassess next summer when things are more “normal”. Not that I can remember us being “normal” for such a long time now.

I can't see past Rosenior at this point, if he wants the job. We are 5 weeks away from the new season with a shell of a squad & another possible points deduction in the offing. Some of the suggestions on here wouldnt look twice at Derby in this state & to be blunt, we would have difficulty attracting anyone of serious calibre. I've always been a big fan of Ian Evatt & ordinarilý, he would be a credible choice (see his RamsTV interview last February when still Bolton manager) but Bolton are in a much better state than us currently.

Rosenior knows the players & is able to offer continuity of style/approach. He is a bright, personable & driven guy and the fact Blackpool wanted him speaks volumes for his reputation. Whether he wants an experienced assistant is his call but I certainly don't think it would hurt having someone to act as a sounding board.

We don't have the luxury of time. We have a very good internal option so lets utilise him & get a squad signed up asap. And quite frankly I would not trust Quantuma to either run a process or make any decision on an external hire. They need to focus on facilitating a takeover & then getting out of the club.

Edited by LeedsCityRam

7 minutes ago, Sussex Ram said:

A few people have mentioned this, but it’s important to remember that the search for a manager is bound by financial restraints. To take a manager under contract elsewhere, in almost all cases we will need to pay compensation. Even if we take a manager who is currently unattached, do they have agents to pay? A signing on fee? I’m less convinced on those last two points, particularly in League 1, but nothing would surprise me.

I am guessing that the Clowes loan didn’t budget for a lump sum for a new manager. If the budget isn’t there, the administrators won’t (legally can’t?) spend more than they need to.

Given Rosenior is under contract for one more year (I’ve assumed this), if he wants the job he will get the job. Bear in mind that players arrive for preseason training on Monday, and someone needs to be there to put the cones out and hang the nets up etc. ? so if it’s not Rosenior then Quantuma need to act very fast. And that’s not exactly their style, is it?

Also- we are still in administration, and may be so for some weeks/months yet. I really hope that’s not the case, but I’m prepared for the possibility. It means this season is going to be all about survival and consolidation. So it feels neat to me to let Rosenior have the last year of his contract, and then we reassess next summer when things are more “normal”. Not that I can remember us being “normal” for such a long time now.

True, got to be Rosenior, if he wants it. (For the meantime anyway). If he doesn't then Daz Wass i'm sure will step in again.

On the playing side of things, fretting about a manager is not the most important thing now, we need to get a side together that can compete in the new season and try and halt a slide.

This year is 1984 repeating itself over again, so expect Eddie Howe to leave Newcastle and to take over at Derby the next day!!☺️

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Ainsworth's a w*****. Mind you, it would be worth it just to see the look on the ambulance chaser's face.

Haha ? yeah but let’s be honest he’s done a brilliant job at a nothing club. So I’d give him a go! I think experience , a fresh start is what’s needed 

34 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

If we werent in such perilous situation, i would go for a very left field suggestion, Emma Hayes, proven manager at the highest level and a winner. when on the tellybox as a pundit, she's very good, clearly knows what she's on about unlike the majority of her male conterparts.

The reason i say perilous is because if the "experiment" did not work out, it's never been done in this country afaik, the fact that we are in such a bad way before the appointment of a female boss may be somewhat forgotten and would not give the new gaffer a level playing field. 

I was going to say id preffer her over some of the suggestions on here. 

Sorry if this gibberish has been shared already, but these odds are hysterical.

I know the DET are only reporting what they see, but for ducks sake, why report such nonsense?

Qatar are more likely to win the World Cup than Cooper leave Forest to take over at Derby.

And Wales are more likely to win it than Lampard leave Everton to come.

Liam Rosenior: 4/6

Sean Dyche: 4/1

Frank Lampard: 6/1

Steve Cooper: 8/1

Steve McClaren: 10/1

John Terry: 12/1