New manager, who do you want?

RoyMac5

50 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Who ever buys the club, i guess spent at least 50 million doing so.

So I don't think that new owner, says I want a manager with a rubbish track record to lift this club out of league one.

I can't see the new owner not wanting an immediate escape out of league one

Well I can that is were he will get some money back.

50 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Suppose it was for Mac too tbh. Still came and done some decent things with us though.

Come on Hughton took Forest to rock bottom of the table playing horrible football. Cooper comes in and is almost faultless, changing the atmosphere of the whole club and winning promotion with the same players

12 minutes ago, ram59 said:

We somebody with a fresh outlook,

we need somebody with passion

we need somebody who can motivate the players when the chips are down,

we need somebody with tactical nous,

we need somebody who will stay loyal and won't jump ship when Man City come calling,

WE NEED B4 TO BE THE NEXT DERBY MANAGER!

Trust me

If I was manager I get all the lads remaining sign this and all your contracts will be sorted.

The way I see it, is that incoming players are going to be either free agents from championship type teams or hidden gems from lg1 or lg2 who may cost a small fee. The manager and his recruitment team will need to have a working knowledge of such players.

I don't think think anyone should get their hopes up about Evatt.

He wasn't interested in the Blackpool job, and whilst he did start his career with us, he had a much longer (as a pro player, not including time spent in our academy) and far more successful association with them then he had for us.

He'd have to show himself to be a massive hypocrite to leave Bolton and come here given his recent comments about being linked to them...

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/bolton-blackpool-ian-evatt-manager-24302787

Edited by Coconut's Beard

28 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Come on Hughton took Forest to rock bottom of the table playing horrible football. Cooper comes in and is almost faultless, changing the atmosphere of the whole club and winning promotion with the same players

He also brought in all those loans that got them promoted.  He's not a bad manager but those players couldn't be arsed to play for him.  Better known as Pearson syndrome. 

Personally maybe give Powell and Simpson a go.  Both know the club and the division and can hit the round running.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Ehilst in administration it will be Ronsenior. Once the tskeover is complete, we may choose to stick or twist. Any costs for sacking/hiring would come out of the set budget for the season.

Getting someone like Evatt may require compensation, but he'll be on lower wages than the likes of Mowbray. Finances will have an impact, but that doesn't necessarily mean we can't pay compensation.

I can't think Evatt would have a particular fondness for Derby.  Bombed out after a decent first season where he played decent in any position.  Even remember Rob Lee  saying he thought he'd had a good year and the club had treated him shitty and more senior players should have took the brunt as the squad should have peed the league.

23 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We can ask. There is a 0% chance the answer will be yes. Dyche is nowhere near a realistic target.

If Dyche wants a job, there are a lot of clubs significantly more attractive he could join before he'd have to even look at us. 

12 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I think Liam should get the chance for continuity and I've always been impressed by the way he talks about the game. I do feel he will need another experienced coach or number 2 behind him though.

Chris Powell as assistant? Knows the club, knows the leagues, plenty of experience. Think he’s involved in Spurs youth set up at the mo

11 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Chris Powell as assistant? Knows the club, knows the leagues, plenty of experience. Think he’s involved in Spurs youth set up at the mo

I think he is a good shout for his assistant. As you say has connections with the club, experience in various leagues and could even help us bring some Spurs players on loan even?

9 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I think now's the time for a proper director of football to establish a style and direction of football.

Then managers can come and go but the ethos stays the same and the huge variations in style we have witnessed in style won't happen.

And how are we going to generate the cash to recruit and pay a DOF?  The unrealistic expectations and demands have started earlier than I anticipated. We will be lucky to keep the academy operational let alone stuff the club with unnecessary senior management