Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

16 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

The relegated 3 have the worst accumulated points record in history. Also they’ve conceded the most amount of goals.

If you actually look at the PL table, you see the 8 biggest clubs in the top 8 on 60+ points. Then you have West Ham in 9th, and Everton would have been around there if not for the points deduction.

There is then a batch of similar size clubs in Wolves, Palace, Brighton, Fulham, Bournemouth and Brentford. Clubs who were all Championship or below 10-15 years ago who have done well to cash in on the PL riches and stay there.

They are the 40-50 point group. Forest will look to break into this group.

But then again so will Leicester and Leeds - both look pretty capable.

It will be interesting to see a league table without results against the bottom 3. Forest for instance picked up 12 points from the 6 games against the bottom 3. They only picked up 24 points from the other 32 games. Pathetic.

You seem pretty sure they're up.  I've seen them s*** their pants before on the big day. 

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

For you lot, do you expect to challenge? Or is a relegation fight more realistic. I'd love to see the bookies odds. 

FYI - the bookies have us finishing 7th at the moment!!! Which to my mind is bonkers and based purely on fanbase and us being a big draw at championship level. 

Realistic goal for next season is bottom 8 and avoid relegation, aspirational goal is top half. 

48 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Oh my apologies. Just I've been told to restrain myself to posting here.. 

Fair enough but that doesn't stop you reading the other threads if you're genuinely interested.

5 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

For you lot, do you expect to challenge? Or is a relegation fight more realistic. I'd love to see the bookies odds. 

Clearly we’re going to smash the league with a record points tally, I just worry if our march to the FA Cup might distract us from a 100% win record in the league. 

5 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

If Warne remains in charge we will Yo-Yo between Championship and League One.

Oxford and Plymouth will probably struggle next season. I’m trying to see who else we can finish above, especially after QPR, Sheff Wed, Stoke, Swansea and Millwall all improved following managerial changes.

7 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

FYI - the bookies have us finishing 7th at the moment!!! Which to my mind is bonkers and based purely on fanbase and us being a big draw at championship level. 

Realistic goal for next season is bottom 8 and avoid relegation, aspirational goal is top half. 

You've missed a 1 mate. They must mean 17th

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

If Warne remains in charge we will Yo-Yo between Championship and League One.

Oxford and Plymouth will probably struggle next season. I’m trying to see who else we can finish above, especially after QPR, Sheff Wed, Stoke, Swansea and Millwall all improved following managerial changes.

Fair estimation. Most promoted teams struggle. Which is why Ipswich's achievementy is so remarkable. Who was the last to do that? Soton? Norwich?

Either way you're more likely to be the likes of Sheff Weds

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

Fair estimation. Most promoted teams struggle. Which is why Ipswich's achievementy is so remarkable. Who was the last to do that? Soton? Norwich?

Either way you're more likely to be the likes of Sheff Weds

Ipswich have been remarkable, though they had spent a good chunk while having one of the most coveted managers in England.

I doubt many other Championship clubs would swap their current manager for Paul Warne if offered.

Edited by Bris Vegas

I bet Graham Potter thought it was a good idea to move to Chelsea. McKenna should think very carefully about taking the leap up to one of the struggling "elite" clubs.

On 20/05/2024 at 10:51, Red_Dawn said:

Obviously we're yet to see what sort of calibre of new arrivals but with a modest budget compared to the teams with parachute cash sloshing about at the top of the table, there is only so much quality you can add with just out-of-contract players. I don't see us spending very much on fees at all and a mix of loans and out of contract players to supplement a couple of small-ish fees seem most likely.

With that in mind I'd be frankly amazed to see us in the promotion mix. I'm expecting bottom half, hopefully keeping out of any real relegation trouble. I do worry that some fans may think that the hard work is done now and we're back to where we were before all the financial stuff, but next year is going to need some real graft IMHO. I just hope that despite some optimistic predictions in some quarters about where we'll finish, that people stay realistic and can accept that just re-establishing ourselves in the Championship without really pulling up any trees will be a decent season.

As for you lot. I think you'd be lucky to find 3 teams again as poor as those relegated. You'll need to push on and avoid any points deductions but I'd expect you to finish bottom half but with less of a close shave with relegation - somewhere like 14th/15th perhaps.

On 21/05/2024 at 11:55, Crewton said:

I bet Graham Potter thought it was a good idea to move to Chelsea. McKenna should think very carefully about taking the leap up to one of the struggling "elite" clubs.

I imagine Potter is still being paid by Chelsea. There was nothing bad about the idea of moving to Chelsea.

On 19/05/2024 at 21:41, Bris Vegas said:

The relegated 3 have the worst accumulated points record in history. Also they’ve conceded the most amount of goals.

If you actually look at the PL table, you see the 8 biggest clubs in the top 8 on 60+ points. Then you have West Ham in 9th, and Everton would have been around there if not for the points deduction.

There is then a batch of similar size clubs in Wolves, Palace, Brighton, Fulham, Bournemouth and Brentford. Clubs who were all Championship or below 10-15 years ago who have done well to cash in on the PL riches and stay there.

They are the 40-50 point group. Forest will look to break into this group.

But then again so will Leicester and Leeds - both look pretty capable.

It will be interesting to see a league table without results against the bottom 3. Forest for instance picked up 12 points from the 6 games against the bottom 3. They only picked up 24 points from the other 32 games. Pathetic.

Very few positions change. Chelsea and Spurs swap, Brighton move above West Ham and Palace, Everton also move above Palace, Fulham and Bournemouth swap.

This is the table with the bottom 3 removed and no points deductions (I haven't checked GD changes):
image.png.6c21564d86f7bfb56b48967fabbcf4b0.png

6 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Very few positions change. Chelsea and Spurs swap, Brighton move above West Ham and Palace, Everton also move above Palace, Fulham and Bournemouth swap.

This is the table with the bottom 3 removed and no points deductions (I haven't checked GD changes):
image.png.6c21564d86f7bfb56b48967fabbcf4b0.png

Forest being 11 points behind 15th must be worrying. Same for Brentford too. Goes to show with a better promoted trio, those clubs could struggle to reach 33-34 points which in most seasons would get you relegated.

I think Forest were incredibly lucky they survived the first year with Leicester hugely underachieving.

And then they got replaced by the worst set of promoted teams in PL history. 

If Forest stay up next season, I think they can seriously look to establish themselves as 3 years of PL money should give them a buffer over the next batch of promoted clubs who will probably be weak again.

On 20/05/2024 at 23:56, Bris Vegas said:

Ipswich have been remarkable, though they had spent a good chunk while having one of the most coveted managers in England.

I doubt many other Championship clubs would swap their current manager for Paul Warne if offered.

Perhaps - but he's still a manager with four promotions in seven years as a manager. You could look at the relegations, of course, but context to those are that he had the smallest budget in the league by a significant margin and when handed a relatively competitive budget then he's shown he can get over the line. 

I think there's a good number of chairmen who would take his record & his character and would like to work with him.