Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

6 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

I’ll argue until I’m blue in the face that we needed to make huge amounts of transfers to try and stay up

...but so what if you didn't stay up? There's no great shame in it. If you can't afford to stay up without cheating, or find a way to compete above your budget then that's just the way it is.

We've both completed 120 seasons, with 50.8% of Derby's in the top flight, 47.5% of Forest's. That to me says what our natural level is.

There's little reason you couldn't find yourself back up there soon afterwards if managed correctly. Coming back down to the Championship with a load of parachute payments, keeping hold of a few players who show themselves capable of making the step up and 'going again', evolving the squad over time, buying well, is an acceptable method of natural growth. Not easy but doable.

Instead you (not you specifically) acted like Forest had some god given right to compete in the Premier League at the first attempt, despite a 20+ year absence.

I am a little unclear about this. Have the paragons of virtue down the road been charged with cheating? Cheating other clubs who stayed within the rules? Could these clubs have a case for legal proceedings against them? After all there is a precedent for this and if I remember rightly supporters of Notts Forest were very keen to see this happen. Dear oh dear. For shame.

Cheats will prosper though because even a 10 points deduction wouldn’t be enough to see them relegated this year the others are that bad.

To be fair though, Harry Arter’s promotion bonus and extended 40k a week new contract were well worth it! 

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Much as I’d like to join the fun and take the proverbial out of Forest, the likelihood of it affecting them will be remote because I expect no more than a slap on the wrist.

The EFL were hell bent in punishing Mel one way or another, it’ll not be the same for the Red dogs. If they really wanted to clamp down, something would have been done about them and Watford’s ease of transferring assets but wasn’t.

My expectations are this will be a charade, with maybe a few quid going here and there in punishment. 

27 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Forest will still stay up even with a 10-point deduction as they have a decent PL manager now.

And the bottom three are crap.

I agree unfortunately, I think that they look to have a bit more resilience about them with the new manager so I don't think 10 points would be enough to send them down. I still think it'll be between the current bottom 3 and possibly Brentford who are on a shocking run. Not sure what the Everton situation will be.

27 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Much as I’d like to join the fun and take the proverbial out of Forest, the likelihood of it affecting them will be remote because I expect no more than a slap on the wrist.

The EFL were hell bent in punishing Mel one way or another, it’ll not be the same for the Red dogs. If they really wanted to clamp down, something would have been done about them and Watford’s ease of transferring assets but wasn’t.

My expectations are this will be a charade, with maybe a few quid going here and there in punishment. 

As you say, the EFL were after Mel but this is the Premier League not the EFL. I still doubt that they will come down too heavily on them though, if only so that they will have an excuse to be lenient on Man City.