Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

2 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Don’t believe for one second there has been lots of planning behind all these signings. I doubt Cooper wanted half of these players, if he can make it work and they’re competitive this season then he really is a genius.

I look at the other clubs they’re battling with, they are all strengthening in a structured planned way. I’m seeing signings Forest could and should’ve made for half the cost. Southampton have had a good window, Everton have had a great window getting Gueye back and Garner (why didn’t Forest get it done). Fulham look stronger this time and have had a good window, Leeds look strong.

This could be the season a team goes down with 40 points or more!! 

Cooper actually said he wanted even more in a presser the other day. It's a baffling approach but one they have done ever since the takeover. 

18 in 17/18
23 in 18/19
21 in 19/20
24 in 20/21
21 in 21/22
23 so far this season. 

130 signings in 5 seasons counting loans. 

3 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Cooper actually said he wanted even more in a presser the other day. It's a baffling approach but one they have done ever since the takeover. 

18 in 17/18
23 in 18/19
21 in 19/20
24 in 20/21
21 in 21/22
23 so far this season. 

Wow!! That’s a ridiculous stat. Are there any footballers left that aren’t an ex-Forest player?

I know we’ve often taken the poss out of how big their squad is in various seasons, but to see it laid out in black and white like that is quite shocking. I just assumed this season would eclipse them all, but it’s not even the highest. 

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

18 in 17/18
23 in 18/19
21 in 19/20
24 in 20/21
21 in 21/22
23 so far this season. 

That's an incredible number. How many departures have they had in that time?

7 hours ago, Ambitious said:

18 in 17/18
23 in 18/19
21 in 19/20
24 in 20/21
21 in 21/22
23 so far this season. 

All part of a long term structured plan to go from championship to champions league domination. Every move has been carefully thought out. An example of a well run club that should be aspired to:

source: @JPercy, @nottmtails @DTAthletic, @NFFC 

3 hours ago, richinspain said:

That's an incredible number. How many departures have they had in that time?

Forest
Permanent signings: 78
Loan signings:33
Permanent outgoings: 76
Net squad size: +2

Derby
Permanent signings: 39
Loan signings: 21
Permanent outgoings: 64
Net squad size: -25

Note: academy graduates aren't included as signings, but academy graduate sales are.

Over the same period...
Brentford
Permanent signings: 41
Loan signings: 4
Permanent outgoings: 43
Net squad size: -2

A slightly interesting one this morning from Mr Maguire. I have no idea whether it’s got good or bad implications, and it’s seemingly what some Prem clubs do. It’s interesting I guess because it’s similar to what we did and no matter where they end up next year, there’s still £100 million loan to pay.

53 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

A slightly interesting one this morning from Mr Maguire. I have no idea whether it’s got good or bad implications, and it’s seemingly what some Prem clubs do. It’s interesting I guess because it’s similar to what we did and no matter where they end up next year, there’s still £100 million loan to pay.

Probably means very little in reality, just more tittle tattle from football’s #1 professional troll Maguire. However, better him sticking his nose into Forest’s business than ours. 

3 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

All part of a long term structured plan to go from championship to champions league domination. Every move has been carefully thought out. An example of a well run club that should be aspired to:

source: @JPercy, @nottmtails @DTAthletic, @NFFC 

I do hope you aren’t implying the prominent Forest fans in the national media lack objectivity?

Ahem, in completely unrelated news.

https://theathletic.com/3558295/2022/09/02/nottingham-forest-transfer-window/?source=user_shared_article

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

loop fox GIF by Animation Domination High-Def

Keep on believing ?

1 hour ago, LazloW said:

Probably means very little in reality, just more tittle tattle from football’s #1 professional troll Maguire. However, better him sticking his nose into Forest’s business than ours. 

No I don’t think it means a lot at the minute, could be something to keep an eye on further down the line though.

14 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

No I don’t think it means a lot at the minute, could be something to keep an eye on further down the line though.

It means they couldn’t or wouldn’t use the owners actual money - just maybe because it’s dodgy and questions get asked of where has it come from so instead let’s pay huge interest and borrow it. What could possibly go wrong 

15 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It means they couldn’t or wouldn’t use the owners actual money - just maybe because it’s dodgy and questions get asked of where has it come from so instead let’s pay huge interest and borrow it. What could possibly go wrong 

Is he still under investigation by the league?

4 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

they seem to think it's a mortgage for the stadium redevelopment they just got approved

i would like to think they are using it to sign players though

1 hour ago, alram said:

they seem to think it's a mortgage for the stadium redevelopment they just got approved

i would like to think they are using it to sign players though

If it is for the shed redevelopment on top of the £150M+ they've just splashed out (and that's ignoring wages for the new squad and the significant interest payments for the loan), they're taking an even bigger gamble than it first seemed. They'll be royally screwed if they don't manage to stay up.....

West Ham were in danger of being relegated a few years ago - they were having to pay something like £15M per year just as interest on their loan without repaying any capital and there were predictions then that they'd probably go bust if they were no longer in the PL....