Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

It shows the value of the loan market for teams though, rather than selling talent at their lowest ebb, it's shown that loaning them can be a lot more effective. 

Gibbs White was loaned to Sheffield United after a string of underwhelming performances for Wolves - £40m

Djed Spence was loaned to Nottingham Forest after falling out of favour with the manager at Boro - £20m

Before those loan moves then you're looking at a maximum £10m for those two players, but it generated £60m based on loan moves to the Championship. If you're a Championship club and aggressive in the loan market then you have to hit that point home very hard to teams in the Premier League. 

I did like the look of Gibbs White, but feel like anything above £20m is stupid money for a player with his production. You can buy potential, sure, but how many players over the years go backwards in their career rather than forwards - it's a lot! 

2 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Currently on holiday and had to laugh at the guy in the Forest shirt I saw around 3pm on Saturday walking through the town…and then had mysteriously changed his top when I saw him again a couple of hours later

That's the trouble with these mother's, Winning and the shirts on, Chest puffed out poncing around to show all who they are, Losing and it's hidden away in a darkened room, The doors locked and curtains/blinds drawn and telling the Doctors he's getting better Sad Happy Hour GIF

It's only 1 game and Newcastle will probably be in and around the top 6 i think but on the highlights forest looked pretty shocking. Disjointed, lacking any penetration or quality, and even looked quite disorganised. Dare I say, it reminded me a little of our last stint in the Premier League.... Now I think they'll get a few wins at home where they'll feel more confident but survival already seems like a tall order for them. 

21 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's only 1 game and Newcastle will probably be in and around the top 6 i think but on the highlights forest looked pretty shocking. Disjointed, lacking any penetration or quality, and even looked quite disorganised. Dare I say, it reminded me a little of our last stint in the Premier League.... Now I think they'll get a few wins at home where they'll feel more confident but survival already seems like a tall order for them. 

Ah yes, those familiar words!!

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Saw a Forest fan mention that this is indicative of their scattergun approach to recruitment prior to Cooper joining.

Can only assume it was lost on him that their recruitment under Cooper so far amounts to building a (to be fair, good) team from players they don’t own then having to replace them all at way above market fees because clubs know they are desperate.

Not to mention spending all summer chasing a player who’s current club seems to have little interest in selling, and getting as far as agreeing a fee for their third left back of the window before realising he has no interest in signing for them.

Forest’s squad last season was probably a midtable squad but the loan players elevated the first-team XI to top six standard in a poor Championship.

Derby were the same under Lampard.

Taking Mount, Wilson and Tomori out and we were suddenly a midtable side at best. 

Had we got promoted in 2019 we would have had to do the same in fairness. Spend a bucket load just to plug holes and replace players who clearly aren’t good enough.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Forest’s squad last season was probably a midtable squad but the loan players elevated the first-team XI to top six standard in a poor Championship.

Taking Mount, Wilson and Tomori out and we were suddenly a midtable side at best. 

Had we got promoted in 2019 we would have had to do the same in fairness. Spend a bucket load just to plug holes and replace players who clearly aren’t good enough.

I should imagine a a far higher proportion of our fans would realise this though, and not start deluding ourselves that we are suddenly transformed into a top 10 PL side because of our achievements in the 70s.

Edited by Coconut's Beard

11 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

This. 

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw their line up on opening day, nearly £80 million odd spent and their main goal threat is Sam Surridge, being played through by the pirlo-esque Jack Colback. Not to worry though as they had the defensive masterclass of Joe Worrall and McKenna to rely on. 

Don’t get me started on Lingard, the new lord Bendtner 

£80 million

im not laughing, honest. . . 

Ray Liotta Lol GIF

11 hours ago, Coconut's Beard said:

I should imagine a a far higher proportion of our fans would realise this though, and not start deluding ourselves that we are suddenly transformed into a top 10 PL side because of our achievements in the 70s.

I doubt that.

2 hours ago, Derbados said:

This. 

Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw their line up on opening day, nearly £80 million odd spent and their main goal threat is Sam Surridge, being played through by the pirlo-esque Jack Colback. Not to worry though as they had the defensive masterclass of Joe Worrall and McKenna to rely on. 

Don’t get me started on Lingard, the new lord Bendtner 

£80 million

im not laughing, honest. . . 

Ray Liotta Lol GIF

Cracking Up Lol GIF  I am