Serial Whingers Notts Forest playtime, which we simply cannot accept.

REDCAR

1 minute ago, Chellaston Ram said:

I seem to remember a few seasons ago they were cheap as chips so they could get the younger generation interested. 

Exactly this, their 23 year old youth prices were a joke. 
Now they are more in line with Premier League prices, but still in the middle price wise.

3 hours ago, Srg said:

Well, I hate to side with Forest fans on anything but their club is well and truly screwing their fans over. 

They’ve announced their season ticket prices and they’re frankly disgusting. Tickets going up 200% in 2 years, shifting age categories so some tickets going up £700… you name it, they’re doing it. My missus, for my sins, has a season ticket and hers has gone up £200 since the Championship - and this is after giving them money during COVID to keep them going. 

Meanwhile, the club gleefully crow about having 10,000 on a season ticket waiting list. Pay up, or another customer (not fan, customer) will do.

Latest in a long line of things where their ownership really doesn’t get the difference between fans and customers. Premier league? You can keep it. 

The waiting list isn’t even a waiting list 😂

You pay a one off fee of £10 to tell them that you might be interested in buying one, but you don’t get any priority 😂

3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Going up 200% and it's only gone up £200, sounds like they were pretty cheap to start with!

That's how they grew their attendances - hugely discounted tickets for anyone under 25. How many young people will be able to afford these new prices?

I suppose they could always buy a mobile phone 😉

3 hours ago, Chellaston Ram said:

I seem to remember a few seasons ago they were cheap as chips so they could get the younger generation interested. 

Think it was about £4.25 a game for under 25's.  The pre match pint was cheaper than the ticket.

51 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

£600+ to watch about 5 or 6 home wins all season, which of those will be tedious, nail-biting affairs where you’re wishing for the final whistle to arrive as opposed to actually enjoying the football.

How is that worth it?

You’re paying to watch the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Chelsea etc rather than Notts Forest 

Edited by littleover ram

20 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Going up 200% and it's only gone up £200, sounds like they were pretty cheap to start with!

That was before FFP became some form of a reality in the Greeks LaLa land world. If the back door to friends and family clubs was truly closed, they would probably need an even bigger hike!

No coincidence this huge hike is it? Looking at the BBC article though, it seems very ad hoc around the ground, with no price band consistency. It’s almost like they don’t care about their fans; take it or leave us.

1 hour ago, Zag zig said:

That was before FFP became some form of a reality in the Greeks LaLa land world. If the back door to friends and family clubs was truly closed, they would probably need an even bigger hike!

No coincidence this huge hike is it? Looking at the BBC article though, it seems very ad hoc around the ground, with no price band consistency. It’s almost like they don’t care about their fans; take it or leave us.

Anyone found complaining will find fire lighters on their doorstep ……

6 hours ago, Zag zig said:

Changing the age band for youth tickets will be annoying for the 18-19 year olds, and the cheapest kids ticket going up by over 100%. I can see why they are upset.

They will be more upset when we play them, have you seen their defending from corners? We'd score about 6.

Seems we may have gone from tickling Marianakis love spuds and the sheep don't know what they're talking about,  to possible protests to get him out and much hand wringing that they've blown more in 2 years than a medium sized countries annual GDP. 

Lets hope they do and he has one of his tantrums, takes anyone decent to Greece and tells them to feck off with a wage bill of 170 million a year as a gift.

gladiator-thumbs-down-wgc9hlaatcgkwbst.g

On 16/04/2024 at 18:10, Srg said:

Well, I hate to side with Forest fans on anything but their club is well and truly screwing their fans over. 

They’ve announced their season ticket prices and they’re frankly disgusting. Tickets going up 200% in 2 years, shifting age categories so some tickets going up £700… you name it, they’re doing it. My missus, for my sins, has a season ticket and hers has gone up £200 since the Championship - and this is after giving them money during COVID to keep them going. 

EFL Appeals Committee: 'So let me me get this right Mr Marinakis, you delayed implementing season ticket prices for the first 2 years because of the love of your fans, and because you had also expected Real Madrid to have shown more interest in Harry Arter at the start of the season'.

EFL Appeals Verdict: Add another 2 points to the penalty, and back-date season ticket increase to 2023/24 season.

EFL Appeals Recommendation: EFL to ensure fire insurance cover is suitable on all EFL owned or rented properties. EFL to check on Harry Arter's whereabouts at season end. Try AS Real Bamako.

30 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/forest-fan-20th-april-we-need-to-do-something.119301/

Some of the responses to the Forest begging bowl are fabulous 😂

They haven't exactly rolled out a welcome mat have they 😄. That's the lesson that we learned quite quickly - the idea of the 'Football Family' is a load of horse****. A call for solidarity for the sake of the fans? Good luck with that. It happens very rarely and Blackpool/Derby was one of very few examples that I can think of. Not even 100% sure that would be repeated if it was all going off now.

Seems that even threats to the very existence of a club barely causes a ripple these days, so don't expect much sympathy from fans of other teams if you overspent and might go down a division, particularly if your fans were being arses last time the teams met.

And to paraphrase one of the other posts

First they came for Derby and we did nothing other than spend real money having fake money printed which we then showered on their fans in the away end (along with the usual p*ss, coins, bottle etc) while our Chairman boasted that "we do things properly at this end of the A52"

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/forest-fan-20th-april-we-need-to-do-something.119301/

Some of the responses to the Forest begging bowl are fabulous 😂

200.gif 😁

"Nice sentiment but I think you urinated on your own chips at the City Ground in December when you had the perfect opportunity to show some solidarity with Everton’s plight.
It was pretty clear that Forest would be in breach but your fans chose to try and demonise our club and fans…you reap what you sow"

"Hope youse get relegated regardless, you horrible cheats"

"Thatcher loving scabs"

"Let’s not forget that these cheeky bar stewards wanted to sue us last season along with Burnley,Leeds,Leicester and Southampton.
Where was the solidarity then?"

"You cheating ba**ards"

"If there is one match I am looking forward to as an Everton fan this season - and there isn't - it would have to be the Goodison welcoming of Nottingham Forest. Oh, I think I'd enjoy a 5-0 shellacking of Forest even more than a Merseyside derby victory"