Gareth Southgate

Day

When I laid into Southgate on the forum with a full on rant, we went on to make the final at the Euro's, made me eat humble pie he did.....do I start another Southgate out campaign to rescue our World Cup hopes?

Just now, David said:

When I laid into Southgate on the forum with a full on rant, we went on to make the final at the Euro's, made me eat humble pie he did.....do I start another Southgate out campaign to rescue our World Cup hopes?

Yes after the state of the last 4 games...

5 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Get rid of him while there's still enough time for a new manager to get to know the players he's got to work with.

There's only a week scheduled for International football in September before the world cup. 

7 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Unfair and factually inaccurate, he made you worse as the game went on

How dare you....you......unspeakable French person, with your oo la la and your zut alors...... 

He saw we were vulnerable once stones was sent off so sent on Harry Maguire to stop players running through and hitting the ball into our goal and......and......,well......

Maybe this is all a play by Southgate,a masterstroke if you will. Play 433 horrendously,then 523 badly,then 343 like lost puppies,lose 4-0 at home to raise the spirits of other teams and become lackadaisical playing us at the world cup,then we smash them when we get there

He's a genius I tell you

I'll get my coat and keep my tinfoil hat on to stop the gamma rays though..

International football and with only a week in September, it would be crazy to sack him now. 

A terrible block of results, but we qualify with ease and both tournaments he's led us in have resulted in our best run.

He has Qatar and our performance in that decides his future. If he doesn't reach the semi finals, I think he moves on.

33 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

How dare you....you......unspeakable French person, with your oo la la and your zut alors...... 

He saw we were vulnerable once stones was sent off so sent on Harry Maguire to stop players running through and hitting the ball into our goal and......and......,well.....

We are also bottom of our group to offer moral support and have been dismal for good measure, does that help?

last night we hacd the top scorer in  spain, france and germany in attack and could not hit a barn door

I thought the selections for these games had a random feeling about them, and the performances reflect that. Whether he'll learn from the mistakes, and decide to actually play to the squad's strengths (and play in-form players) remains to be seen. It's too late to change managers before the World Cup anyway and I really don't see an obvious candidate who's likely to have a positive impact with only two warm-up games before the competition. He's got to do something to put this right if he wants to win back the fans, so we can only hope he recognises that.