Players that were only decent at Derby

roboto

13 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Seth Johnson was ok until Leeds paid about 6 million quid for him and then he sort of lost his way

Yes Seth Jonson stands out for me played for England when he was with us , rubbish at Leeds who let us have him back. Then he helped us get promoted during his second spell here before finally his many injuries caught up with him. 

John Brayford 

Frank Fielding 

Dean Moxey 

Bywater 

Giles Barnes 

Fozzy 

Kazim Richards 

Keogh 

James Bailey 

Ben Davies 

Jamie Ward

Buxton 

Howard 

Oakley 

Theo Robinson 

Lee Croft 

Agh this thread is depressing. Makes you realise how often we get Butterfielded (or Blackmanned, or Anyaed) and how rarely we Butterfield/Blackman/Anya another club. Maybe Seth Johnson was the last time but even then it didn't feel like we were getting top money. I did think of Brayford but turns out he signed from lower divisions for about £1m, had a brilliant season or two, and then we sold him to a Prem team for... £1.5m. Classic Derby. 

Edited by vonwright

9 hours ago, vonwright said:

Agh this thread is depressing. Makes you realise how often we get Butterfielded (or Blackmanned, or Anyaed) and how rarely we Butterfield/Blackman/Anya another club. Maybe Seth Johnson was the last time but even then it didn't feel like we were getting top money. I did think of Brayford but turns out he signed from lower divisions for about £1m, had a brilliant season or two, and then we sold him to a Prem team for... £1.5m. Classic Derby. 

I thought that it was about 1m for brayford and Bailey as a package. 

We did well with brayford, but lost out on Bailey. 

On 31/05/2022 at 21:53, Ambitious said:

Mawene played his best football at Preston, undoubtedly, possibly had the most impressive spell at CB of any player at this level, certainly since the rebranding. He was outstanding in that Billy Davies team.

a few that come to mind for me unsurprisingly from the promotion season: Leacock, Jones, Lupoli, Seth, Barnes - even the likes of Addison, Nyatanga, Mills, Lee Holmes - plenty of academy players to pick through that fell off a cliff

Callum Ball sprung to mind