Nathan Byrne - Joined Charlotte FC

Rambalin

Just now, Abu Derby said:

Has he gone yet?

Sooner the better for me. Utter waste of space and shown his true colours this summer.

Though a part of me hopes we retain his registration and keep finding him each week he is absent. I am sick and tired of the modern day footballer backstabbing clubs at every opportunity. Tail wagging the dog in terms of players and agents and it needs to stop. They are happy to sign contracts and take the money while it suits them then kick up a stink when it suits them. 

3 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Sooner the better for me. Utter waste of space and shown his true colours this summer.

Though a part of me hopes we retain his registration and keep finding him each week he is absent. I am sick and tired of the modern day footballer backstabbing clubs at every opportunity. Tail wagging the dog in terms of players and agents and it needs to stop. They are happy to sign contracts and take the money while it suits them then kick up a stink when it suits them. 

Are you saying that if he breaks his foot tomorrow he'll be banging down the door to sign his extension.  Perhaps we should agree to release him at that point - with a 100k fine and any legal costs of course.

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

Well the Germans have admitted or been told by their FA That they have to pay money or he can’t play! 

Yes but he is under 24 so teams would normally have to pay for a player even after his contract has ended. Byrne isn't under 24.

28 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Yes but he is under 24 so teams would normally have to pay for a player even after his contract has ended. Byrne isn't under 24.

Correct, so we will see what happens ultimately but the club definitely believe they are in the right whilst what exactly was in the different players contracts is a big unknown 

During a dispute such as this I wonder who finally arbitrates? Being football, I guess it won't be a court of law in the first instance.

You'd think this is for the FA to decide upon, or perhaps the EFL if the player registration is through them - especially if his registration is to pass from one EFL club to another (as seems most likely).

I'd heard from a source at Stoke City that they felt it would cost no more than a year's salary to sign him, about £650k.

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

During a dispute such as this I wonder who finally arbitrates? Being football, I guess it won't be a court of law in the first instance.

You'd think this is for the FA to decide upon, or perhaps the EFL if the player registration is through them - especially if his registration is to pass from one EFL club to another (as seems most likely).

I'd heard from a source at Stoke City that they felt it would cost no more than a year's salary to sign him, about £650k.

Oh yeah £650k is about more than we paid for Byrne so that would probably be OK as a transfer fee.   

Decent player but he’d quite often get into some good positions and the final ball wasn’t always the best. Not the worst by any stretch but considering the amount of times he would get into a position to assist his final ball wouldn’t be there…. or is it just me?

2 minutes ago, DCFC1976 said:

Decent player but he’d quite often get into some good positions and the final ball wasn’t always the best. Not the worst by any stretch but considering the amount of times he would get into a position to assist his final ball wouldn’t be there…. or is it just me?

The final ball wasn't always the best because he's a championship fullback 

3 hours ago, DCFC1976 said:

I kinda agree. 

Always thought that in an attacking sense he was pretty 1 dimensional. Get a half a yard and loft floaty ball in the box. He'd pretty consistently do it and would be in the right area but it'd not always be the best option and wasn't hard to defend against for the most part because there was no real pace at it was at head height.

I will say though had we had a good target man at the time then he'd have probably racked up assists for fun. 

3 hours ago, DCFC1976 said:

Just you I think, he has been one of our best players over the last couple of seasons ?