Season Tickets 2022-23

WystonRam

2 hours ago, Gaspode said:

You don’t get the discount unless you buy the season ticket - in your example you’d have to pay the full admission price for each game so the season ticket is far better value

So the answer is I was being thick ?

Thanks for the clarification ??  just hope they sort the DD sitch soon or I'll be selling my husbands bike ? (joke obvs...)

On 09/07/2022 at 08:22, Ewe Ram said:

I’ve not renewed yet, but I will. 
The new simplified pricing works against me a bit, we are low down in the east stand. Those who are higher up and have a better view and never get rained on, pay the same. 
Having said that, I’ve sat there for so long that, when I have moved for a cup game etc, it doesn’t feel right, it’s not the same experience. So, I’m still thinking about where I will sit, but 99% certain I’ll be back in my same seat, blinded by the sun at times, and soaking wet at times too. 

I sit upper west stand.  Seems to be very well sold there, and going fast.  

If I was down in the wet, with the pricing structure I'd be moving.  

8 hours ago, CBX1985 said:

I sit upper west stand.  Seems to be very well sold there, and going fast.  

If I was down in the wet, with the pricing structure I'd be moving.  

Well, yes, I do feel a bit done by it. Lots of people pleased they’re paying less, but I’m not, I used to be in a cheaper seat because of the exposure to the weather 

32 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

Well, yes, I do feel a bit done by it. Lots of people pleased they’re paying less, but I’m not, I used to be in a cheaper seat because of the exposure to the weather 

I agree that there should at least be a distinction between upper and lower tier prices. I think they've inherited this change in the pricing structure (it was publicised last January iirc) and hopefully they'll accept feedback and rethink it for next season. Fans with seats in the East and West Upper stands have got a real bargain this season. 

I've worked out that there are at least 1,700 fewer seats available than there were on the morning that the renewals opened. I'm assuming that they are new take ups & if so, that is fantastic news. (there were 9,200 & now 7,500)

I expect the regular season ticket holders renewing will be a steady trickle for a coupe of weeks before a rapid take up in the week the season kicks off as people get paid then & the deadline approaches

2 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Swings and roundabouts though isn’t it? It could be argued that whilst folk sitting in the lower tier are indeed more exposed to the weather, they do benefit (a benefit in their mind otherwise surely they’d relocate) from being nearer the pitch. Personally, I prefer the view from being slightly higher up in the stand. 

59 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Swings and roundabouts though isn’t it? It could be argued that whilst folk sitting in the lower tier are indeed more exposed to the weather, they do benefit (a benefit in their mind otherwise surely they’d relocate) from being nearer the pitch. Personally, I prefer the view from being slightly higher up in the stand. 

I’m the same , now I’m an old boy I like to sit as near to halfway line as poss and about half way up upper tier of east stand , great view to take the game in from re seeing shape and player movements off the ball 

10 minutes ago, Archied said:

I’m the same , now I’m an old boy I like to sit as near to halfway line as poss and about half way up upper tier of east stand , great view to take the game in from re seeing shape and player movements off the ball 

Maybe you’re the noisy git behind me. I also sit near the half way line half way up the upper tier. ?

I had a quick look last night and there was 7536 remaining unallocated, so up to 22500 allocated which is very good. I'd imagine that a lot of the renewals are waiting on the direct debit option to come up but I do think we will surpass 20,000 season tickets comfortably which is absolutely fantastic in League One. 

4 hours ago, SamUltraRam said:

I've worked out that there are at least 1,700 fewer seats available than there were on the morning that the renewals opened. I'm assuming that they are new take ups & if so, that is fantastic news. (there were 9,200 & now 7,500)

I expect the regular season ticket holders renewing will be a steady trickle for a coupe of weeks before a rapid take up in the week the season kicks off as people get paid then & the deadline approaches

I hope you're right and I'm wrong, but after moving to a different part of the ground, my old seats in a quiet area are still not available. Maybe someone bought these soon after I moved, but I think that it's more likely the system won't clear these seats until after the renewal date expires.