Highlight of the Season

SamUltraRam

It’s very difficult to pinpoint one moment. There have been quite a few as fellow posters have eloquently reminded us. However, there was a very transcendental 12 minutes or so away at Huddersfield. We were I think 1-0 down in a packed away end; 2nd half when the Allez Allez chant went up & continued in a mesmerising 12 minutes {I timed it from the scoreboard clock}. It was continuous and loud and defiant and although 12 minutes doesn’t sound much, it felt timeless at the time. Chris Coles remarked about on Radio the following night - it was almost as if in that 12 minutes the Derby fans came together into a higher group consciousness and have stayed together ever since. 

It has to be the march.

So many people, even those that work in football - be it pundits, players, directors, whatever - *think* they know what a football team means to it's community. Its only when you experience something like that day that you really feel it. 

Young, old, men, women, black, white, and anything in between, all coming together because of perhaps the only thing that they share in common. There was no trouble, in spite of the strength of feeling. 

It was a credit to Derby County Football Club, and long may it continue. 

15 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

In addition to away at Blackpool and Brum at home, the incessant singing at Craven Cottage (and a well earned point) was a great experience. I was hoarse for days after and left half of my life savings behind the bar in the Eight Bells.

Yes agree that was a top night & the 8 Bells a highlight.  

28 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

It’s very difficult to pinpoint one moment. There have been quite a few as fellow posters have eloquently reminded us. However, there was a very transcendental 12 minutes or so away at Huddersfield. We were I think 1-0 down in a packed away end; 2nd half when the Allez Allez chant went up & continued in a mesmerising 12 minutes {I timed it from the scoreboard clock}. It was continuous and loud and defiant and although 12 minutes doesn’t sound much, it felt timeless at the time. Chris Coles remarked about on Radio the following night - it was almost as if in that 12 minutes the Derby fans came together into a higher group consciousness and have stayed together ever since. 

Wow! I'll have what you're having! #COYR ??

People talk about "football will be nothing without fans" football survived with Covid and no fans, So my highlight is that everyone Fans, Players, Management, Staff, Potential owner that were involved this season where DCFC were/are deserve the upmost accolade, Watching all the videos posted on here at the Blackpool game confirmed there is a bond where all are concerned with DCFC and long may it continue.

So many to choose from but sticking it to 

Fulham, Bournemouth, Stoke, West Brom stick in my mind along with the Birmingham at home day 

yet one favourite personal one was watching the expression on a west Brom players face in the first minute of the game  - he was about six foot four and looked down a very long way at five foot two Thompson or so it seemed with an expression on his face of ‘ what do I do with this child’ - Thompson ran him ragged 

I have loved this season on the pitch and the atmosphere at games and to be honest without it I don’t think the club stood a chance of being taken over without it - everyone has played their part and memories last forever 

So many:

• The first league game against Huddersfield with fans back in the ground.
  • Jack Stretton's goal against Peterborough. The first away day "limbs" in a long, long time.
  • Baldock's winner at Hull to get our season going.
  • Coventry away. Brilliant atmosphere and a lot of bite.
  • Bournemouth at home. A belting game and a brilliant result.
  • Fulham away. The game was pretty crap, but singing the same song for 10 minutes in a row (and it felt much longer) was special. I think you had to be there. See @Ellafella's post.
  • Stoke away. Just brilliant. Another one where the back and forth with the home fans was good fun.
  • Reading away. Always, always stay until the final whistle.
  • Being sent flying three rows down by Tom Lawrence's second against Sheffield United at home. Smashed my neck against the top of the seat and had a lump there for a good few days after.
  • The #SaveDerbyCounty campaign.
  • Birmingham at home. See Reading away.
  • The march, obviously.
  • Seeing Festy tear Hull to pieces and seeing @David pissed as a fart after the game.
  • The whole buildup to the Boro game.
  • Sibley's late winner against Posh to keep the dream alive.
  • Luton away. Always wanted to do it.
  • Cardiff away. Set off at 9am from the Neppy for an evening game. Felt like we had a pint in every pub in Cardiff. The dream started to die a little that night, but it was one hell of a day out.
  • Seeing Ravel find a home and score a brace against Barnsley.
  • Day out in sunny Bournemouth.
  • Accidentally getting the train to Blackpool instead of Blackburn, and subsequently having to dash to Ewood park (without a wallet).
  • Everything about QPR away. What a day, despite the fact it should have been the lowest I've ever felt supporting the club.
  • Blackpool away. No words needed.
  • I'm going out on a limb and assuming Cardiff at home will be on this list by the end of the season too.

Name me a season with as many great moments as that, and I'll tell you you're barmy.

And above all, it's the general sense of togetherness and love between the fans, players and staff. And the funny stories, running jokes and piss ups you get from travelling up and down the country with your pals. My favourite thing to do in the world by an absolute country mile.

We're Derby County, we'll fight 'til the end.

1 hour ago, Mihangel said:

Yep.

And this, had a tear in my eye seeing people assembling in the market place but ended up quite near the back so turning on to Pride Parkway was something I will never forget.

Incredible season overall which seams strange as we have been relegated. 52 years following the Rams and I must say this season is up there . Then on Saturday sat with the home fans my grandson firsts away game both sets of fans applauding each other and joining in with chants in all my years I have never experienced that.meeting our players coming out of the changing room when we took the wrong turning spending there time having photos with my grandson. Then Curtis taking his time to have a photo with myself after been asked 3 times to board the coach wot a guy . 

Defiantly a season to remember and still the party at pride park to come on Saturday.

Derby till I die 

12 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

So many:

• Jack Stretton's goal against Peterborough. The first away day "limbs" in a long, long time.
  • Fulham away. The game was pretty crap, but singing the same song for 10 minutes in a row (and it felt much longer) was special. I think you had to be there. See @Ellafella's post.
  • Stoke away. Just brilliant. Another one where the back and forth with the home fans was good fun.
  • Being sent flying three rows down by Tom Lawrence's second against Sheffield United at home. Smashed my neck against the top of the seat and had a lump there for a good few days after.
  • The march, obviously.
  • Seeing Festy tear Hull to pieces and seeing @David pissed as a fart after the game.
  • Cardiff away. Set off at 9am from the Neppy for an evening game. Felt like we had a pint in every pub in Cardiff. The dream started to die a little that night, but it was one hell of a day out.
  • Accidentally getting the train to Blackpool instead of Blackburn, and subsequently having to dash to Ewood park (without a wallet).
  • Everything about QPR away. What a day, despite the fact it should have been the lowest I've ever felt supporting the club.
  • I'm going out on a limb and assuming Cardiff at home will be on this list by the end of the season too.

Name me a season with as many great moments as that, and I'll tell you you're barmy.

And above all, it's the general sense of togetherness and love between the fans, players and staff. And the funny stories, running jokes and piss ups you get from travelling up and down the country with your pals. My favourite thing to do in the world by an absolute country mile.

Can't think of a couple more??????????????????????????????????????

Cannot add much more to the highlights mentioned. It has to be the march for me (I was in tears at the top of the bridge, must have been the smoke), Also enjoyed Stoke away (my most local game and so it had some added spice). Jack Stretton's goal at Peterborough was pretty special after so long without seeing the rams away.  Overall what a great season and am so looking forward to Saturday.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

So many:

• The march, obviously.

You are no doubt going to think me barmy, but I suspect I (and others) could give you at least 5, probably 10, seasons since supporting the Rams from 1969 which have been more enjoyable than this one. I do like the team spirit shown this season though. Right up there with some of our great sides.

The whole season as been my highlight. Much of this isn't just due to any results but the passion shown by the fans and their connection with the players which as been phenomenal.

Yes we may have been relegated and it may be a little perverse on my part but the pride, exhilaration and even joy I've had this season, I'd put this season up there with the 13/14 season which also ended with disappoint. And other than the 06/07 season  play-off games, this season as given me more pride in the Rams than that promotion season.

15 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You are no doubt going to think me barmy, but I suspect I (and others) could give you at least 5, probably 10, seasons since supporting the Rams from 1969 which have been more enjoyable than this one. I do like the team spirit shown this season though. Right up there with some of our great sides.

You’re barmy Tim!

Obviously my statement was completely subjective. Probably objectively wrong. 

But, being born in 1999, I haven’t experienced many great moments compared to others. So this season has just been completely special in my eyes.