Malcolm Ebiowei yeah? Gone to C Palace.

taggy180

5 hours ago, Tombo said:

It'd be nice to get both him and Plange back on loan next year. Probably in the best interests of everyone to be honest, the two of them playing together and developing more of a partnership. Just in the past few weeks we've seen Ebiowei start to cross the ball with incredible accuracy, and we've seen Plange start to become a very dangerous mover in the box. The two of them suit each other, and they suit this club.

What Palace do after next season with them, not bothered, that's up to them and the players. Best of luck to them. Players come and go, but we could really do with the two of them back on loan next year, just for a year, while we rebuild. I really hope this is being considered.

I thought he was our major threat against QPR, still needs to learn that his inside cut back is all a bit obvious after a while but he does also have that old school winger ability to get it to the touchline and pull it back with some paint on it. He'd tear 'em up at League One.

Edited by BaaLocks

Well if it was a done deal when Plange posted that on instagram then he hasnt downed tools like Ebosele has. If he does go I hope we can get him back on loan, he is a player who gets fans on the edge of their seats which we have been in short supply of for quite a while.

Im sure he left Arsenal to pursue a better route to first team football so hopefully he has that mindset still and that he sees first team football for us in League 1 is better for him than Palace's u23s. My main concern is that he is a London boy so may want to move back down there.

Great talent. A real winger who can go both ways. Great crosses. He’s Prem quality without a shadow of doubt in my mind. I hope he stays, don’t think he will / can. But maybe a loan back. ? I’d love a season of watching him. Has the capacity to make Saturdays exciting ?

3 minutes ago, jono said:

Great talent. A real winger who can go both ways. Great crosses. He’s Prem quality without a shadow of doubt in my mind. I hope he stays, don’t think he will / can. But maybe a loan back. ? I’d love a season of watching him. Has the capacity to make Saturdays exciting ?

He can stay and should stay he’s 18 where else is he going to play every week ?

58 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

He can stay and should stay he’s 18 where else is he going to play every week ?

Tricky though. If you are 18 and are offered 4K a week or alternatively 10k a week elsewhere playing close to home and family .. what do you chose ? After all it will be his choice

He’ll learn more here and gain valuable 1st team experience and if we can keep him we’ll get some real money a couple of years down the line, but that’s from our POV. 

7 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

It's the sun but still

Thing is it's no gamble at all for Prem clubs - they could all do as Chelsea do and collect youngsters and loan them out, in quantity. They'll easily get their money back, in this case very easily, if true.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Thing is it's no gamble at all for Prem clubs - they could all do as Chelsea do and collect youngsters and loan them out, in quantity. They'll easily get their money back, in this case very easily, if true.

True but rules are being phased in to limit how many can be loaned out by clubs but probably won’t help our situation 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

I’m convinced that’s why Palace bought Plange. A risk-free investment. They will sell him for £4m+ to a Championship club in three years time after a couple of solid loans. 

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

I’m convinced that’s why Palace bought Plange. A risk-free investment. They will sell him for £4m+ to a Championship club in three years time after a couple of solid loans. 

Yep, spot on. Plange is a good player at a certain level but I haven’t seen PL star dust yet. Ebiowei on the other hand has got the touch, the swagger, the self belief … and 2 very good feet. If I am honest he’s the best player with the ball at his feet that I have seen at Derby for many a year. 

Just now, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'd absolutely love him to say and I'm sure he said that earnestly, but if a Premier League club offered him a contract I'm sure he'd take it over us.

I think you're right. 

1 hour ago, TomSaint said:

If he learns to cross and not trying to be ronaldinho everytime hes gonna make it to the prem. Only thing letting him down is doing too much and losing the ball.

And the thing is .. he can cross very well. One of the few that can genuinely whip them in .. The curve and dip after initial height to clear the first man. He can do it already, just a question of decision making

1 hour ago, TomSaint said:

If he learns to cross and not trying to be ronaldinho everytime hes gonna make it to the prem. Only thing letting him down is doing too much and losing the ball.

He's up there with the highest in the league for expected assists per game. If our strikers could finish he'd have more actual assists. He puts numerous crosses in a game but either no one can score/no one is there when he takes on a player.