Good luck from a Bee

Brentfordjack

All the very best for the coming season and beyond.I hope Rooney sticks by you with a decent owner on board he has a good a chance as anybody to get you back up.Your fans have been superb through this crap period.Things can change very quick in football and sometimes for the better, look at us in the so called best league in the world the Premier league for another season.Although my opinion of  the PL ( I’ve missed 2 games this season )is it’s the fatal attraction of clubs who risk everything to get to the tv cash when for us fans it’s a bland predictable bore fest unless you are a top 4 club the rest just make up the numbers.I won’t shed a tear when we eventually get back to the championship a far better and more competitive league to play in.Hope to be playing you at Pride Park again soon.

14 minutes ago, Brentfordjack said:

All the very best for the coming season and beyond.I hope Rooney sticks by you with a decent owner on board he has a good a chance as anybody to get you back up.Your fans have been superb through this crap period.Things can change very quick in football and sometimes for the better, look at us in the so called best league in the world the Premier league for another season.Although my opinion of  the PL ( I’ve missed 2 games this season )is it’s the fatal attraction of clubs who risk everything to get to the tv cash when for us fans it’s a bland predictable bore fest unless you are a top 4 club the rest just make up the numbers.I won’t shed a tear when we eventually get back to the championship a far better and more competitive league to play in.Hope to be playing you at Pride Park again soon.

Says a lot for the premiership - and your right based on what we have seen over the years - I knew you would do ok this season because you are not afraid to play football 

27 minutes ago, Brentfordjack said:

Thankyou

This has truly tested us all the efl are the reason been sent down.

1 hour ago, Brentfordjack said:

Social media is awash with people gloating at the minute. So, thank you for taking the time to come on here and post the above comments. It’s very much appreciated.

Thanks. Brentford have done amazingly well to get ino PL and to stay ther efor at least one year. They were for along time a bit like us.. often just missing out on promotion. So hope for us all.

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Genuine question, but would Brentford have failed the P&L rules if they hadn’t have gone up?

Or was that Ballsmouth?

Brentford were a club that turned over players to keep the right side. 

Unlike us they thought about that aspect when recruiting. And generally added value. 

If our cathartic experience gets a load of wasters out of the game then that's something. 

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Brentford were a club that turned over players to keep the right side. 

Unlike us they thought about that aspect when recruiting. And generally added value. 

If our cathartic experience gets a load of wasters out of the game then that's something. 

Yes, we did seem to want the final piece of the jigsaw every signing.

luckily, we aren’t in that situation anymore,

Edited by Boycie
Mind u, we did dabble abroad, Albentosa and Camarra

4 hours ago, Brentfordjack said:

Great sentiment, thank you. Always enjoyed playing Brentford, but you had the jinx on us at your old ground.

Was looking forward to visiting the new one with the snazzy seats (watched it being built over several seasons) but we sadly went in opposite directions. 

Hope we do get to play each other again soon. Maybe in the cup?

Always liked Brentford.

I remember back in the rowett season I was working in London and after going to arsenal with an arsenal supporting lad I dragged him to Brentford v Derby a stood on the terrace.

Missed our goal waiting to get in, Brad Johnson playing no10, did nothing the rest of the match, Brentford equaliser late on.

Proper football.

4 hours ago, Brentfordjack said:

My eldest lad and I were at Watford v Brentford on Saturday. I spoke to a couple of Bees at Wilsden Junction, on route, with one fan predicting a 3-2 win, I went for 2-2 and considering the Watford miss just before the Bees got the winner, I wasn't far away, but my lad predicted 2-1 Brentford. I should listen to him more and maybe back him up in the bookies!

We both enjoyed the game as neutrals and loved watching a game of football that isn't over hyped like the top 4 etc and I was glad we didn't get off the train at Wembley to try and get into the FA Cup Semi Final instead, as I offered my lad the choice, as he supports Liverpool, but appears to prefer what he is currently calling 'real' football. He actually said during the game as we sat in the Graham Taylor Stand, high up in the lower section right on the half way line, that he would of liked to be in the away end for the atmosphere.

He wore his Rams training shirt on Monday night, playing with his mates in the park, unaware we had been relegated until he got home and he wants the current blue away shirt, so maybe he's working it all out and will enjoy a few away trips in Division 1 with his Dad and beyond.

14 hours ago, Brentfordjack said:

Thank you for your kind words @Brentfordjack; you are clearly a proper football fan. All the very best to you and Brentford. 

14 hours ago, Boycie said:

Genuine question, but would Brentford have failed the P&L rules if they hadn’t have gone up?

Or was that Ballsmouth?

Simple answer no,remember the season we went up we had sold Watkins and Benrahma for over 50 mill in the close season.We signed Toney for 6 mill +++ up to 10 mil but that was about it apart from a few smaller fees paid for other players.Thanks to all your kind reply’s I would add these so called football fans that think it’s funny to go on social media sites and gloat need to remember things can change very quickly in football.

4 minutes ago, Brentfordjack said:

Simple answer no,remember the season we went up we had sold Watkins and Benrahma for over 50 mill in the close season.We signed Toney for 6 mill +++ up to 10 mil but that was about it apart from a few smaller fees paid for other players.Thanks to all your kind reply’s I would add these so called football fans that think it’s funny to go on social media sites and gloat need to remember things can change very quickly in football.

It’s unbelievable the players you sold the season before you went up. Toney was inspired though, although he could have gone either way, but luckily his attitude and desire kept him progressing.

Hows he done this season? Not really seen much prem matches.

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

It’s unbelievable the players you sold the season before you went up. Toney was inspired though, although he could have gone either way, but luckily his attitude and desire kept him progressing.

Hows he done this season? Not really seen much prem matches.

Toney has improved as he’s gone from a period where he looked out of his depth to getting to up there with 12 goals ( helped by many pens)and looking every bit a PL player.The signing of Eriksen has had a big impact on him and the team though I expect there could be some bids in for Toney in the summer and if the price is right he will be off.Last summer was the first time in many years where we didn’t sell a player.

Thanks to all your kind reply’s I would add these so called football fans that think it’s funny to go on social media sites and gloat need to remember things can change very quickly in football.

Thanks for your original post, it's good sometimes to know that other clubs fans 'get it'. Unfortunately based on the general tone on Griffinpark.org, your fellow Bees are not of the same opinion and have bought into some of the generic "cheating, arrogant.." narrative. Shame, but there is not a lot we can do about that - as fans all we can do is get behind whatever team our troubled club puts out and that is exactly what we have done and they've made us proud - youngsters and free signings on the whole. Many clubs have massively overspent chasing the dream (and continue to do so) but many are just bailed out by owners who are able write debt off as loans. Hardly the honest level playing field that the holier-than-thou brigade would have you to believe. Anyway, as usual, as another owner leaves under a cloud it is left to fans to pick up the pieces of whatever is left of your club. League 1 it is, can't be helped. Lets just hope this purchase goes through and then hopefully its onwards and upwards via a big rebuilding job. As long as there is still a bunch guys in a Rams shirts to watch though, that'll do for me. 

As for the Bees, as you can probably see from posts on here, there has always been a lot of admiration for how Brentford is run as a club and I'm sure that I'm not alone in wishing you well.