Kirchner- A risk or a potential reward

simmoram1995

13 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Lets hope so..............

I have to say I don't particularly wish him any ill will. That obviously would have been different if he'd contributed to the demise of DCFC. He so nearly did. 

However did his actions inadvertently force David Clowes hand and ultimately save us? He of course deserves no credit. Bottom line is that he's quite rightly in the villains corner and DC is the hero of not just the day but the century. 

Astonishingly good and probably accurate piece. What I like about this article is based on the few snippets about buying us, they are all spot on accurate which suggests the rest of the article is.

This guy will be in jail in a few years time. The next Stamford? 

He’s living a high life and I don’t think he has any substance to him.

I was badly wrong in my own assumptions about him as well.

8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I was badly wrong in my own assumptions about him as well.

You are not alone. I was really taken in. Seemed genuine, for me right up until that Dan Roan "interview". I guess when you want something so much, in this case the saving of the football club, it's easier to be hoodwinked.

I've come across many people in my job who I would say have 'the gift of the gab'.

But this guy must be on another level to sucker in Goldman Sachs and other high-profile investors.

It certainly raises questions about the EFL and their owners test, that's for sure.

Edit: to clarify, I was all in on CK. He got me too.

Edited by Scott129

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

I've come across many people in my job who I would say have 'the gift of the gab'.

But this guy must be on another level to sucker in Goldman Sachs and other high-profile investors.

It certainly raises questions about the EFL and their owners test, that's for sure.

Edit: to clarify, I was all in on CK. He got me too.

It would appear that Mel Morris was (apart from a few of us on here) the only one of the decision makers to see through Kirchner, and hence his refusal to sell him the ground.

5 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

It would appear that Mel Morris was (apart from a few of us on here) the only one of the decision makers to see through Kirchner, and hence his refusal to sell him the ground.

That's a really interesting thought!

What is it they say about shipping bulls to a bull-shipper?

6 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Hang on. MM wouldn’t sell him the ground because CK wouldn’t pay 23m for it 

Morris’ best mate for several moons was Samuelson so let’s not give him credit for the company he chooses 

It's an interesting piece, not without its issues - I don't understand the focus on 'access to the bank accounts', I know, literally, dozens of people who are producing financial results for major companies, none of them will have access to a bank account nor will they ever see a bank statement! Nevertheless it paints a picture that is probably far from unique in ambitious startups, lots of ingenuity, lacking in oversight and governance.

Either there's a smart guy with a gift for image and sales in there somewhere but someone who's compass has gone a bit awry, think Elizabeth Holmes or someone a bit more calculating manipulative and sinister, more of a Ruja Ignatova. I actually think more of David Brent - "Does a struggling salesman start turning up on a bicycle? No, he turns up in a newer car - perception, yeah?"

I am definitely one that was taken in, I probably thought that the EFL and Quantuma had done their dilligence ?. Still, I like(d) the guy, but that's his thing isn't it, his charm.

14 hours ago, alram said:

we should never ever turn a blind eye to red flags ever again. the guy was clearly questionable from the very start. even preston tried to warn us off him i am sure they did more behind the scenes than the statement they posted.

when somebody is hiding something it is normally with good reason, how can he and his wife still be active on twitter after all this. he has no shame.

I think in all honesty, a lot of us were blinded by our desperation for Derby County to be saved - I think if we weren’t in admin and this had just been a run of the mill takeover at a time when Mel was selling up, a lot more people would have made noises opposing it. I certainly hold my hands up and say although there were clear red flags my line of thinking was well if  Q, EFL, garry cook etc etc got him to the point of contracts exchanged, that maybe he was legit but in hindsight none of this is surprising in fact what’s coming out is probably what the rational expected. 

Makes you wonder if he's been gambling with the funds investing in the crypto market and it's all gone to **** hes probably not a bad guy just made some poor decisions.

As I said in a thread a while back he talked too much, anyone that has to tell you how much money they have usually don't have any.

7 hours ago, Charlotte Ram said:

Mel would have sold his grandma to the Martians if the price was right, that's what stopped the deal!

I love all this 'he's not really a bad guy' stuff. I bet you wouldn't mind working for no pay for a few months, who'd pay your mortgage and finance your Ferrari car insurance? ?

Edit: oh and of course Rooney was 'offering' our sacked staff their jobs back on the basis of Kirchner's takeover!

Edit, edit: Oh and of course the sacked 'whistle-blowers' who tried to warn investors.

Edited by RoyMac5