Swansea vs The Rams Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

He’s a bit of an unsung hero. Not a youngster from our academy, not a grizzled long time servant. He just turns up every game; runs and works like a Trojan for the team … at 7,000 rpm - turbo with intercooler and nitrous oxide injection .. for 90+ minutes. 
huge admiration for his commitment and professionalism 

3 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Why does he bother, he’s only gonna get a fine or touch line ban.

Understand the frustration but his observations will not make a blind bit of difference. 

Agree don’t think the complaints about officials reflect well on Rooney and don’t think they help the team at all. 

Id like to see us start our experienced defenders and aim for clean sheets. Rely on our strengths not the ref 

Rooney has done himself and the club so proud, considering the circumstances the fact that relegation is still not official is amazing and he deserves great credit.

However, his criticism of officials if getting embarrassing.  There's been plenty of decision that we have benefitted from, including the Allsopp one today.  

He comes across as a bit of a Alex Ferguson spoilt brat with his moaning.  Decisions go both ways, Wayne, accept it.  You're getting a reputation as a moaner, just manage what you can, stop trying to manage officials. 

4 minutes ago, SBW said:

Rooney has done himself and the club so proud, considering the circumstances the fact that relegation is still not official is amazing and he deserves great credit.

However, his criticism of officials if getting embarrassing.  There's been plenty of decision that we have benefitted from, including the Allsopp one today.  

He comes across as a bit of a Alex Ferguson spoilt brat with his moaning.  Decisions go both ways, Wayne, accept it.  You're getting a reputation as a moaner, just manage what you can, stop trying to manage officials. 

Don’t think Wayne has clicked on that you can only manipulate referees by moaning about them if you’re a top club. 

He’s not wrong in what he’s saying but it wont manipulate them at all.

7 hours ago, Mr. P said:

It’s that free kick too that was baffling. Blows for full time instead. Wtf. But he probably didn’t want to give the free kick for that either.

The referee is the sole arbiter of time.  When time is up, that's it.  The only time time is added is for a penalty to be taken, not a corner or free kick.  Get over it.

6 hours ago, sage said:

I didn't think the Allsop incident was a foul. He turned round to chase the ball. 

It's not a gentleman's excuse me. 

Quite right, Paterson made a meal of it as he knew he could not get the ball.  The Davies handball also correct, too close, no intent and trying to get his arm out of the way.  Plange penalty no problem, as for the one at the end.  ?

28 minutes ago, S8TY said:

I actually thought the ref had a decent game and wasn't fooled by the Paterson Incident with Allsop and also was right not to give a pen against Curtis but we have all seen them given...on the whole i thought the ref was one of the better ones we've had 

but was not brave enough to award a 2nd penalty to the away team!

42 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

I want Wayne calling out injustices. Fighting our corner, and most importantly, the players' corner.

He's nailed the response, once again.

Yes, but there are better, more subtle ways of doing it. He’s young though, he’ll learn and for what he’s done this season he’s got a free pass from me with a long long use by date. 

6 hours ago, MickD said:

The referee is the sole arbiter of time.  When time is up, that's it.  The only time time is added is for a penalty to be taken, not a corner or free kick.  Get over it.

It's got to the stage where the control of time should be taken away from the referee and given to another official. Match after match you see keepers wasting time and the ridiculous running to your fans when a goal is scored is farcical - a couple of goals can easily waste 3 minutes before a restart, nearly always to the benefit of the winning team. Stoppages for injuries, substitutions etc  can be accurately gauged and once the 90 minutes is up that's it.

Of course it will never happen.

If only referees had blown for time up before a deadball kick could be taken more often we'd have even more to complain about. But it happens so rarely because referees know the manager of the attacking team is bound to complain about it. Then there's the Clive Thomas World Cup type incidents that cause an even bigger stink.

Is it time to introduce a Rugby-type ruling : that if the defending team commits a foul, or kicks the ball out of play before "time" is up, then play continues until the ball is dead through normal play but not through foul play? 

12 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Why does he bother, he’s only gonna get a fine or touch line ban.

Understand the frustration but his observations will not make a blind bit of difference. 

I can't speak for WR he can do that himself, If you see a decision that goes against you time and time again and with us in the situation we're in how would you deal with it, Myself I'd be on the pitch, Finger in the Refs face and give him as much verbal as I could at the time, Your right tho, A letter will be on it's way to WR asking for his explanation of his comments, A fine maybe, A touchline ban maybe, But it has to be said...the ones in the middle decide who gets the points in some circumstances and are getting worse

Just seen the highlights, wow bad defensively for their goals, their player took them well. I thought our goal was a penalty. I also thought we should have had a penalty at the end.

when I first saw Our keeper bring their player down I thought it was a red. On looking at the replay it wasn’t a foul. If I was Swanseas manager I would have a go at him, if he stayed on his feet he would either have scored or been brought down. Falling to the floor dosnt count. Swansea look a decent team (on TV)

26 minutes ago, Crewton said:

If only referees had blown for time up before a deadball kick could be taken more often we'd have even more to complain about. But it happens so rarely because referees know the manager of the attacking team is bound to complain about it. Then there's the Clive Thomas World Cup type incidents that cause an even bigger stink.

Is it time to introduce a Rugby-type ruling : that if the defending team commits a foul, or kicks the ball out of play before "time" is up, then play continues until the ball is dead through normal play but not through foul play? 

I remember it well, Corner came over Thomas blows his whistle Zico scores a Nano second later, NO GOAL! all hell broke loose.

image.thumb.png.efbd5b2c6c2e5baa77b47c825fb18844.png

2 hours ago, Needlesh said:

I want Wayne calling out injustices. Fighting our corner, and most importantly, the players' corner.

He's nailed the response, once again.

This, all day long. I don't want us to be nice or be liked, I want us to be horrible to play against. Wayne is absolutely spot on. And correct about the missing penalty and the final whistle being blown, of course.

4 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I remember it well, Corner came over Thomas blows his whistle Zico scores a Nano second later, NO GOAL! all hell broke loose.

image.thumb.png.efbd5b2c6c2e5baa77b47c825fb18844.png

And rightly so! Of course someone will come along and say it's the referee who measures the time, makes the decision, nothing in the rules etc but it's about precedent, this never happens, free kicks/corners are allowed to be taken and that passage of play allowed to complete, that's the accepted approach.