World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Somebody on this forum, I can’t remember who it was, said “anyone who can’t hit the target from 12 yards should seriously consider their choice or career” (or words to that effect). 

Well there’s summat in that, (said the monkey when he s*** in the jam jar).

31 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Thought we were the better team against the world champions 

Didnt say we weren't. Said we choked under the pressure. Whuch we did. Again. Can't beat the big teams. Doesn't matter how well you play if we lose.

30 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

We didn't 'choke under the pressure.' We gave everything and were just unlucky. A 50/50 game that we lost. It happens.

We did choke under the pressure. Harry Kane - mr reliable blasted his penalty well over the bar. That is the very definition of choking under pressure. And Southgate chokes with every decision he makes.

And sorry i don't believe in stuff like luck, ghost stories, the tooth fairy, etc. It is England being unable to cope with the big games, which has been the case in every single tournament ive seen them play in during my lifetime.

3 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

As much as I’m gutted we didn’t win I’m not putting the blame on the missed penalty. We gave away two cheap goals and didn’t create enough to beat a good team. We need to learn from this. I think France will win this if they play like tonight.

We will never learn too negative. Southgate out get a manager to play exciting football.

20 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

The commo though...

"We needed a Gary Lineker, but we got a Chris Waddle"!

spit-laugh.gif

I’d thrown in the towel at the start of the game when the commentator told us that Mr Beckham had turned up to the England training camp to hang out with the team.

Maybe the lads should have been training harder for the big game, instead of having their photo’s taken with Golden Balls!

I think that is the best we’ve played against a top national side for as long as I can remember.

We can be really proud of that performance.

We caused France all kinds of problems and pushed them.

That game could have easily gone all the way to a penalty shoot out as there was so little between the teams.

Such fine margins.

9 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Didnt say we weren't. Said we choked under the pressure. Whuch we did. Again. Can't beat the big teams. Doesn't matter how well you play if we lose.

We did choke under the pressure. Harry Kane - mr reliable blasted his penalty well over the bar. That is the very definition of choking under pressure. And Southgate chokes with every decision he makes.

And sorry i don't believe in stuff like luck, ghost stories, the tooth fairy, etc. It is England being unable to cope with the big games, which has been the case in every single tournament ive seen them play in during my lifetime.

Harry Kane's missed penalty was surprising but it happens. I don't think as a team we 'bottled it' or 'choked under pressure' because that would mean we played within ourselves, we didn't. We played well, were the better side. The fact that we lost against a good team doesn't have to mean we bottled it. 

10 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Have to agree with this, Ruthless, Killer touch, Exceptional play, We've been to 7 World Cup Quarter Finals...the most in history, Great teams, Great players and Great managers...Germany, Brazil, Italy have had what we lack in bold...but time and again we fall down when we think we're there

22 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Thought it was the tale of the strikers tonight, Giroud got the luck on his header and Kane lost his composure in that second penalty. Was always gonna be the toughest game for us and was always going to be the toughest game for France.

Fine margins and a good game. We are so close to being a real top side and theres lots of positives to take, we just came across a side that produced two bits of top, top quality. We miss a bit of ‘blockbuster’ which France has in abundance and it just gave them enough to get past us.

Fair analysis.

We lost because we didn't create enough from open play. Apart from the kane 1v1, the Bellingham strike and the Maguire header be web didn't look like scoring at all. Couldn't create enough space for anyone to take a strike. I think we defended well most of the game but both of the goals came from us giving far too much time to players taking a strike or playing the ball in.

Kane will be haunted forevermore for his missed penalty but these things happen, he looked under immense pressure even for the first penalty (I don't really believe he wanted to dummy lloris) and it clearly got to him.

Im disappointed because I think if we'd beaten France we might've won the whole thing... But we didn't.

Generally happy with our performances so can't blame the team or the manager generally think we were beaten by a better team. There's always 2026.

Enjoyed this world cup but didn't enjoy the drug fueled morons at the pub tonight who were shouting, being aggressive, breaking stuff and were slagging off our players. The French dad and his kid left at HT... It was a disgrace.

11 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I think that is the best we’ve played against a top national side for as long as I can remember.

We can be really proud of that performance.

We caused France all kinds of problems and pushed them.

That game could have easily gone all the way to a penalty shoot out as there was so little between the teams.

Such fine margins.

I think Italia 90 was the last time maybe but that was Waddle peno over the bar, this time Kane. 

13 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

In what way have we been negative this tournament? France have literally played more negative football than us.

We was too negative today when it really matters. France came out the blocks played positive football we did nothing until we went 1 nil down 

13 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Harry Kane's missed penalty was surprising but it happens. I don't think as a team we 'bottled it' or 'choked under pressure' because that would mean we played within ourselves, we didn't. We played well, were the better side. The fact that we lost against a good team doesn't have to mean we bottled it. 

At the key moment Kane bottled it. That is choking there is no other explanation. He has to hit the target surely.

Overall we were the  better team , but France were clinical and we were not.

2 minutes ago, cstand said:

We was too negative today when it really matters. France came out the blocks played positive football we did nothing until we went 1 nil down 

It depends how you look at it. When we behind we played very positive but when we were level we gave France the ball too much. That’s the difference between winning and losing.