World Cup Qatar

Bris Vegas

6 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Your boys looked good. Weak opposition but you can only beats what's in front of you. Central defense might ultimately be your undoing but the rest looked impressive . Bellingham is some player at his age.

It's been the issue for years - we can negate it by trying to out-score the opposition. Unfortunately, when we look as if we actually have a chance agaiinst the better teams by following thre same approach, there's a danger Southgate's cautious side kicks in and he bottles it (as in the Euros).....

1 hour ago, David said:

I had a BTTS and Netherlands win, can we give an award for the most boring game of the tournament already?

I think I read that teams involving African sides are on average the lowest scoring.

The African Cup of Nations is full of 0-0s and 1-0s. 

I didn’t know that when I predicted a 3-1 win for the Dutch. 

3 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Noticable how the authorities had seated the majortity of the fans opposite the cameras - when they showed the opposite side of the pitch during the goalkeepers injury treatment there were huge swathes of empty seats.....

I was at Wembley in 1990 for the "send the lads to Italy" match v Uruguay and the side of the ground under the TV cameras was completely empty. 

Crowd 27k

8 hours ago, Stive Pesley said:

Ah - I see that Joe Lycett didn't really shred the £10k and as I suspected it was a stunt to publicise the issue and to out David Beckham as a money-grubbing whore

It also had a by-product of making thousands of old footie gammons look a bit foolish for being more outraged about a man (not) shredding £10k than they were about Beckham taking a few million off the backwards Qatari regime

Yes of course it was done to publicise the issue. Nothing to do with self publicity. Clearly.