What is your favourite song of all time?

Eddie

3 hours ago, richinspain said:

Certainly one off my list. Others high on the list:

Meat Loaf - For Crying Out Loud

Black - Wonderful Life

James - One of the Three

REM - Everybody Hurts

Cranberries - Zombie 

Radiohead - Creep

Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven 

Robbie Williams - Angels

INXS - Need You Tonight 

I honestly couldn't choose just one song because as many have said it depends on the moment, but if my life depended on it I suppose..... I don't know...... at this precise moment.... U2 - One.

Just realised I got my INXS song wrong (age doesn't forgive)

INXS - Never Tear us Apart 

I just knew this thread would descend into people giving lists.

I started a record shop purely because I loved music so much and I listen to at least 4 hours of Spotify per day with very little being nostalgic stuff (that I do still love btw), so no way am I going to say one track.

According to Spotify this track is the one I listened to more than any last year, but I'd be stunned if anybody in this thread has ever heard of Eris Drew.

I'm a sucker for this kind of spoken word sample on trippy tracks.

On 31/03/2022 at 23:03, sage said:

That was the track that got me into The Undertones.

I must have heard Teenage Kicks on Peel as it was his all-time fave track and I listened to him religiously, but Get Over You had me running out to buy the album and going to see then at Top Rank in Sheffield.

But I think my favourite by them was:

On 01/04/2022 at 13:55, TimRam said:

I've selected a few from the heavy rock genre which, in some cases, would not be the most obvious...

AC/DC - Touch Too Much

Ozzy - Flying High Again

Black Sabbath - Wishing Well

Aerosmith - Combination

Kiss - Take Me

Ted Nugent - Venom Soup

Iron Maiden - Total Eclipse

Motorhead - The Chase is Better than the Catch

Whitesnake - She's a Woman

Scorpions - Make it Real

Hendrix - Fire

Styx - Great White Hope

Really interesting selection that.

I could pick tracks by most of those bands.

I was at work this morning when Faithfully by Journey was playing and I love that track,that or maybe Only the Young.

On 01/04/2022 at 11:21, BaaLocks said:

If I want a song to pick me up and wrap round me like a warm blanket then it is this one. Takes me all the way back to times when my only care in the world was working out how to finish off the roof on a Lego house without it all collapsing in and whether I would be getting the Action Man with eagle eyes for Christmas. I love the layers of it as well, it is just so perfectly crafted.

Of course, if you're not in my age bracket, it will just be a theme tune to a tv series you've likely never heard of.

This isn't a song, and I cannot decide whether it is naff (like the TV series) or not. It is a haunting theme though it's true.

On 31/03/2022 at 21:19, Rev said:

It's a terrible question, in that if you asked me every day for a year, I'd give you 300+ answers!

So much of the enjoyment of music is down to mood, environment, company, etc, that I find it hard to believe people who can name the one song and stand by it.

.......and he didn't stand by me..........either!..........or catch the train in vain!

7 hours ago, Bob The Badger said:

I just knew this thread would descend into people giving lists.

I started a record shop purely because I loved music so much and I listen to at least 4 hours of Spotify per day with very little being nostalgic stuff (that I do still love btw), so no way am I going to say one track.

According to Spotify this track is the one I listened to more than any last year, but I'd be stunned if anybody in this thread has ever heard of Eris Drew.

I'm a sucker for this kind of spoken word sample on trippy tracks.

4 hours ago, Coneheadjohn said:

Really interesting selection that.

I could pick tracks by most of those bands.

I was at work this morning when Faithfully by Journey was playing and I love that track,that or maybe Only the Young.

Ask the Lonely! Would find it hard to choose between Faithfully and Why Can't This Night Go On Forever. 

9 minutes ago, Stagtime said:

With Chris Bailey of the Saints  passing away yesterday I have been tossing up between the classic I’m Stranded and Know your product. One of Brisbane’s greatest acts.

My fav by them is This Perfect Day and a song in my mind recently. Very addictive riff

2 hours ago, Stagtime said:

With Chris Bailey of the Saints  passing away yesterday I have been tossing up between the classic I’m Stranded and Know your product. One of Brisbane’s greatest acts.

Nearly did a thread on Chris Bailey’s passing.

I honestly think The Saints are the epitome of what punk is. Even more than some of NY bands, Iggy, Clash etc. In that you are trying to emulate what’s gone before on your budget. How do you emulate Phil Spector’s wall of sound without the production value? You turn up the guitars to sound bigger, you play a little faster to hide any mistakes etc. That’s The Saints to me and it’s why I bloody love them.