Derby Season Ticket or Sky Subscription

Curtains

Doesn’t matter because you sell out either way. The only way to get football back to the people is to not pay to watch it. When all clubs go bankrupt then locals can resurrect Phoenix clubs.

Of course it won’t happen.

Myself, I’m not renewing next season. Football is no longer a sport because the bedrock of sport is fair competition, something football hasn’t been since the formation of the Premier League.

47 minutes ago, Curtains said:

If you can’t afford both which do you get ! 

As my gas and electric bill is going up in April by £1,200 a year I suspect a lot of people won’t be paying for either especially when the interest rates on mortgages start going up - it’s not a time to be buying non premiership football clubs. 
I can currently afford my season ticket but it’s just me - the family of 4 rams fans probably can’t - personally I stopped paying  for sky sports about five years ago in protest at what it has done negatively to football 

45 minutes ago, 24Charlie said:

Doesn’t matter because you sell out either way. The only way to get football back to the people is to not pay to watch it. When all clubs go bankrupt then locals can resurrect Phoenix clubs.

Of course it won’t happen.

Myself, I’m not renewing next season. Football is no longer a sport because the bedrock of sport is fair competition, something football hasn’t been since the formation of the Premier League.

If, as looks increasingly likely, we drop down to League 1, AND the club survives, we’ll be that bit further removed from the nasty money games of the Premier League and top end of the Championship. Won’t football in League 1 be closer to that sport of fair competition that many of us crave? Less influence from the money men, no international breaks to disrupt the flow, if Derby as a club continues and can keep the crowds up along with the revenue that generates we’re much closer to a true reflection of fair competition with clubs competing according to their means and more genuine magic from those that punch above their weight.

Just my take on it of course 

Season Ticket every time.

I hope sky sports implodes up its own arse, that plus greedy players and their  parasite agents are the real club killers. Cancel all subscriptions and Stop paying the devil 

Thats too simplistic a question as assumes only those buying a season ticket spend that much. In a non-season ticket year I dont think I will have chance to get across to Derby for whatever reason and then always find a way to feed the addiction and so spend the same if not more!! So should be attend live games or Sky

Edited by CBRammette

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

If, as looks increasingly likely, we drop down to League 1, AND the club survives, we’ll be that bit further removed from the nasty money games of the Premier League and top end of the Championship. Won’t football in League 1 be closer to that sport of fair competition that many of us crave? Less influence from the money men, no international breaks to disrupt the flow, if Derby as a club continues and can keep the crowds up along with the revenue that generates we’re much closer to a true reflection of fair competition with clubs competing according to their means and more genuine magic from those that punch above their weight.

Just my take on it of course 

Unfortunately the EFL won’t let us have that true reflection as they will further restrict us from doing much apart from being on a result sheet 

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

If you can’t afford both which do you get ! 

Can’t believe you’re even asking the question. Season ticket every time. I’ll watch other live games on TV if they’re either free or I’ve bought a 24 hour Sky pass to watch an away game I didn’t want to go but the only the football I’d pay to watch live on TV is Derby. Certainly not the premier league and not even England.

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Can’t believe you’re even asking the question. Season ticket every time. I’ll watch other live games on TV if they’re either free or I’ve bought a 24 hour Sky pass to watch an away game I didn’t want to go but the only the football I’d pay to watch live on TV is Derby. Certainly not the premier league and not even England.

Call me a half fan if you like after 60 years watching Derby the shenanigans have left me bereft .

If we do get new owners in, and we are in Division One next season, should the new owners drop matchday ticket prices?

Everyone is going to be feeling the pinch next year, and in the future Derby should be run on a more sensible financial footing, minimal transfer fees and sensible wages.

So if all matchday tickets were set at say £20, how would that make people feel. Would it encourage more fans to go?

Plus as somebody else said, if we are in Division One next year, how many times would we actually be on Sky?

38 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

I’d love you to PM me about this fire stick as Virgin have just informed me my package is going up to £140 a month from April ?

Virgin are putting their prices up all the time but their profits are still through the roof. I have everything through Virgin but might shop around if they put it up again ?

I could probably afford both but I’d rather take the missus on holiday than buy any sky subscription. 
As for a season ticket it’s a bit like an annual bill for me like council tax or gas and electric. Although we have got a £150 refund on the council tax unless you live in a mansion.