Poll: what's going to happen?

IslandExile

Poll: what's going to happen?  

197 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

What is the estimated difference in price between an exit from administration with a 15 point deduction, and with a zero point deduction?

It is not obvious to me that a buyer would obviously avoid the 15 point deduction.

Firstly, they may take a long term view.

Secondly, they would have £x million saved up that they could spend.

I just can't see the logic in taking on the -15.  It would be starting with a new squad of whatever we can fudge together and operating under an agreed business plan. Would Rooney even stick by to suffer this crap again? I could see it being a disaster.

I fear the best chance we had was December. That would have given us the chance to maybe bring in some frees, extend contracts and make staying up a bit easier. Gibson put an end to that. Who knows what the problem is now.

9 hours ago, Ellafella said:

My gut feel and not based on any evidence or firm reasoning:

1. Club will be bought eventually but at very low price.

2. Current players will all disappear to balance books.

3. Relegation to L1 & 15 point deduction next year.

4. Bare bones & remnant shell of a Club next season.

5. If the rot stops there, we can effectively begin again.

Sorry to be pessimistic but clearly the protracted nature of it all tells the story.

Lets though stay positive because that’s what ultimately keeps the Club going. A season or 2 of bare survival but we come back stronger in 3 years. Look at Luton. Keep the faith. It’s what makes the City a footballing hotbed.

"Low ball bid saves the club but 15 point penalty for not satisfying the EFL"

And also thing it will play out like what you have detailed below. Not worst case scenario, not best case - somewhere in the middle to lower level.

Mike Ashley will buy the club and even though his reputation for swooping on distressed businesses is well known, his love of football must mean that he wouldn’t want to start on -15 next season. It’s a game of poker and he wants to see the hands of the other interested parties before raising. The Binnies have folded. He will offer the minimum to avoid further EFL penalties, but the entire deal depends on Mel taking on at least half of the MSD stadium loan. Mel took a while to intervene in parasite world and I suppose is taking a while now to do the right thing. Let’s hope a PB is named by next Wednesday ( 4-5 working days) as Quantuma are running out of deadline naming rights.

1 hour ago, hintonsboots said:

Mike Ashley will buy the club and even though his reputation for swooping on distressed businesses is well known, his love of football must mean that he wouldn’t want to start on -15 next season. It’s a game of poker and he wants to see the hands of the other interested parties before raising. The Binnies have folded. He will offer the minimum to avoid further EFL penalties, but the entire deal depends on Mel taking on at least half of the MSD stadium loan. Mel took a while to intervene in parasite world and I suppose is taking a while now to do the right thing. Let’s hope a PB is named by next Wednesday ( 4-5 working days) as Quantuma are running out of deadline naming rights.

Again, a good interpretation of what may happen. Hope you are right.

I don’t believe for a second we will be liquidated but I can easily see the “worst case” happening.

Relegation to L1

All the bright young talent that we have seen become real men this season will go. 

A further 15 point penalty will see us fall to L2 having had to endure a miserable season with many players we just don’t know and under the EFL’s polished jackboot again. 

We begin again in 18 months time. There are some glimmers of hope and some new faces to be enthused about, but playing Barrow in a mid week game and a local Derby against Mansfield Town isn’t really what we are as a football city and home of former Champions. 

3 hours ago, jono said:

I don’t believe for a second we will be liquidated but I can easily see the “worst case” happening.

Relegation to L1

All the bright young talent that we have seen become real men this season will go. 

A further 15 point penalty will see us fall to L2 having had to endure a miserable season with many players we just don’t know and under the EFL’s polished jackboot again. 

We begin again in 18 months time. There are some glimmers of hope and some new faces to be enthused about, but playing Barrow in a mid week game and a local Derby against Mansfield Town isn’t really what we are as a football city and home of former Champions. 

To paraphrase Orwell, "If you want a picture of the future, imagine the EFL's polished jackboot stamping on a Derby Fan's human face—for ever."  ?

7 hours ago, Carnero said:

Only 14% of posters think we'll be liquidated, yet 86% of the comments on the administration thread are by people who think we'll be liquidated ?

The classic 80/20 rule evidenced on here......20% of the posters make 80% of the noise.

My personal opinion is this will not get done. Until we mathematically know what division we’re in. This’ll go down right to the wire. Mike Ashley will be in charge and we’ll renew almost everyone’s contract depending on if we start in league 1 or champ 

In the last half century we have won the League ChampionshipTWICE!

European Cup semi finalists.

Won two sponsored trophies (Watney and Texaco)

Been massively etertaining (usually!)

Kept a huge and loyal fanbase.

Brought cheer to an otherwise gloomy outlook to thousands in Derbyshire.

So how can we even imagine a Derbyshire with no Derby County?

No way!,

!

COYR!