Matchday Thread v CARDIFF CITY (AWAY)

Mucker1884

10 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Doesn't look like there is one, and we only have less than 34 hours to go?  No idea what the rules are re thread starters, but I'll step up for now... feel free to delete/merge, if I've stepped on anyone's toes!

CARDIFF CITY AWAY

TUESDAY 01 MARCH : 19:45
CARDIFF CITY STADIUM

Cardiff WERE on the "To-Catch" list, and whilst that still remains mathematically possible, it ain't realistic now, after a bad week for Rooney's Rams.  They sit 20th, on 36pts, 15 ahead of us, with both teams having 12 games left (including this one).

Current Form (Last 6 games)

Cardiff:  WLWDLL (7pts)
Derby:  LWLWLL (6pts)
So both teams have lost their last 2 games.  They don't look great on paper... but neither do we!

But we have to take solace that, ignoring our points deduction (If only!), we'd be 6pts ahead of them, so they are most certainly beatable... and it's simply far too early for us to lose hope just yet!
Keep believing.   Keep praying.  And most of all, keep the faith.  We ain't down yet!

Visitor Guide:
https://footballgroundguide.com/leagues/england/championship/cardiff-city-stadium.html

Head To Head:
https://www.11v11.com/teams/derby-county/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Cardiff City/

Last Win:
The last victory in this fixture (Away, obvs) was Sept. 2016... We're due one!:

Now that's how you do a match thread. Much akin to @Inverurie Ram's stellar efforts. Thank you!

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Most worrying thing in anticipation of this game is Rooney’s demeanour in his recent interviews. 

I've not noticed much of a change to be honest. He's always been a bit subdued in interviews, if that's the right word.

And we've just lost two games on the bounce which hasn't happened much this season, so it's not overly surprising if he seems more despondent than usual.

Edited by Rammy03

Going to be a tough one tonight as I consider that if we lose then,barring a miracle we may be in Div.1 next season. Normally very upbeat but,what with what's happening around the world at the moment, it is pretty hard. Football is a release from the everyday problems but it's bloody hard! A Derby win tonight could help a lot. For those who are going sing loud and proud for the boys. UTR

Match facts

Cardiff have won seven of their last 11 home league matches against Derby County (D2 L2), including each of the last two.

This is the first league meeting between Cardiff and Derby this season. It is the latest into a season Cardiff have faced a side for the first time since 2009-10 (vs Leicester, March 13) and the latest Derby have done so since 1995-96 (vs Watford, March 5).

Cardiff have lost seven of their last 10 midweek matches in the Championship (Tues, Weds, Thurs), winning the other three. Nonetheless, they have won their last two such matches on home soil, against Peterborough (4-0) and Coventry (2-0).

Derby failed to win any of their six league matches in the month of March last year (P6 D2 L4), failing to score in five of those matches. Their first game in March last year was also away to Cardiff, a 4-0 defeat.

Derby have lost each of their last three league matches away to clubs based in Wales, winning on just three of their last 19 such trips (D7 L9).

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/cardiff-city-v-derby-county-23237513

The stats looks pretty poor for this one. There are a few away games I always think we struggle in Boro is one Cardiff is the other. Probably just superstition.

I think without Lawrence it will have to be a 0-0 or 1-0 ram raid. Starting to think survival might bultimately going to be a bridge too far. Assuming the club has the finances to even get that far.

Edited by kingsy1884

2 hours ago, Woodley Ram said:

I have a good vibe about this game and think we will take something out of it. keep the faith. COYRs

Do hope you are right because a loss tonight would put us 2pts behind Barnsley and they would have 2 games in hand. 8 pts behind Reading and they would have a game in hand. Rooney keeps shuffling the pack, but tiredness is starting to tell.

14 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Most worrying thing in anticipation of this game is Rooney’s demeanour in his recent interviews. 

It's certainly changed over the last couple of weeks,there comes a time when the positivity begins to wane,the players seem to be getting into a rut with away matches and the lack of results.