Abramovich is offski

Ramarena

2 hours ago, duncanjwitham said:

As a fan of a club who's gone through something vaguely similar, all I can say is, I hope that we treat Chelsea fans with the same degree of care and compassion that other fans have treated us. Everybody...

?We're all gonna have a party when Chelsea die?

The same compassion Chelsea showed, when dicking us over, snatching Lampard just before our season started. Sure we got compensated but it did nothing for our next season.

Right now my only interest in Chelsea’s plight is whether the Williams money is in the bank? The “red top” media will be all over this, far more than little provincial Derby County struggling.

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

How do they justify seizing his assets!? Pretty sure he left Russia and lived in England then Israel to be nothing to do with Putin. Where do they draw the line? Does my Russian mate Dimitri need to worry about his building/maintenance business in Lichfield? 

He still makes duck loads of money out of assets given to him by the Russian state. Hard to imagine he would be allowed to continue that if he was anti-Putin.

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

How do they justify seizing his assets!? Pretty sure he left Russia and lived in England then Israel to be nothing to do with Putin. Where do they draw the line? Does my Russian mate Dimitri need to worry about his building/maintenance business in Lichfield? 

Abramovitch was a Russian MP when Putin was a Mayor of some place in Russia, He has/had links to Putin making billions of £s, Just because he's been living abroad doesn't make it that he hasn't been intouch with him or not

NCA were asked to investigate Abramovitch last week...the outcome is Sanctions?

29 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

He still maintains (or, at the very least, the UK government believe he maintains) a close business relationship with the Russian state at a quite fundamental level, which directly ties him to the situation in Ukraine:

"Roman Arkadyevich ABRAMOVICH (hereafter ABRAMOVICH) is a prominent Russian businessman and pro-Kremlin oligarch. ABRAMOVICH is associated with a person who is or has been involved in destabilising Ukraine and undermining and threatening the territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of Ukraine, namely Vladimir Putin, with whom ABRAMOVICH has had a close relationship for decades. This association has included obtaining a financial benefit or other material benefit from Putin and the Government of Russia. This includes tax breaks received by companies linked to ABRAMOVICH, buying and selling shares from and to the state at favourable rates, and the contracts received in the run up to the FIFA 2018 World Cup. Therefore, ABRAMOVICH has received preferential treatment and concessions from Putin and the Government of Russia. ABRAMOVICH is also associated with a person who is or has been involved in obtaining a benefit from or supporting the Government of Russia, namely: former First Deputy Prime Minister, and current Chairman of the Management Board for VEB, Igor Shuvalov; former General Director of Gazprom Investment Holdings, Alisher Usmanov, both of whom were sanctioned on 3 March 2022 for being involved persons in obtaining a benefit from or supporting the Russian government through carrying on business in a sector of strategic significance to the Russian government. ABRAMOVICH is associated with these individuals through close business relationships and mutual assistance, including ABRAMOVICH financing Shuvalov's trust and the subsequent loans from Shuvalov to enable Usmanov's purchase of a British mill. Furthermore, ABRAMOVICH is or has been involved in destabilising Ukraine and undermining and threatening the territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of Ukraine, via Evraz PLC,a steel manufacturing and mining company in which ABRAMOVICH has a significant shareholding and over which ABRAMOVICH exercises effective control. Evraz PLC is or has been involved in providing financial services, or making available funds, economic resources, goods or technology that could contribute to destabilising Ukraine or undermining or threatening the territorial integrity, sovereignty or independence of Ukraine – which includes potentially supplying steel to the Russian military which may have been used in the production of tanks. ABRAMOVICH exercises effective control of Evraz PLC given his significant shareholding and the shareholdings of his close associates who it is reasonable to expect ABRAMOVICH could direct through his close ties with Abramov and Shvidler, as well as his power to nominate directors of the board. ABRAMOVICH is or has been involved in obtaining a benefit from or supporting the Government of Russia, as ABRAMOVICH and Evraz PLC carry on business in sectors of strategic significance to the Government of Russia – namely the construction, defence and extractive sectors."
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1059927/Russia.pdf

43 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

Eh? He is one of the oligarchs who supports Putin and they are close friends. He recommended Putin to Yeltsin for gods sake.

They're targeting the people who support Putin hence they are targeting Ambramovich. Unless your mate Dmitri is secretly a billionaire supporting a tinpot dictator fight his wars i dont think he'll have much trouble.

8 minutes ago, gfs1ram said:

This seems to cover his background !!

Excellent piece, He's grown to love the club ?, I bet he did, And i'll wager the fans wont be singing his name again, Sky, The Premier League, Chelsea fans, Our Government should all hang their heads in shame?

15 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Excellent piece, He's grown to love the club ?, I bet he did, And i'll wager the fans wont be singing his name again, Sky, The Premier League, Chelsea fans, Our Government should all hang their heads in shame?

To be honest this is why I find the whole sanctioned thing strange.  I get why they're doing it and I think it's the right thing to do but the whole issue of allowing him in and to use this money in the first place is what I've always questioned.  A mate of mine, Chelsea through and through has always shrugged at the issue of the legitimacy and source of Chelsea's money over the success they've had. He too has spouted the "Abramovich  loves this club" line over the years.  Just one more thing to add to the pile of what's wrong with the game these days.   

39 minutes ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Yep...But

AFC Bournemouth's Russian-born owner Maxim Demin, who is not an oligarch and is a UK Citizen will not be subject to sanctions

Dam, was hoping they get a 39 point deduction.