Abramovich is offski

Ramarena

6 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I imagine that now the assets have been frozen, they can't acquire money through TV, so in effect can't be on the telly.

1 minute ago, ariotofmyown said:

The bbc saying broadcasters can show any Chelsea game. Presumeably for free?

I struggle with legal language but I assume this section means the money can be paid re. broadcasting but is then immediately frozen. (6.2 and 6.3)

I’m probably misunderstanding.

11FBA7AE-461F-4C21-A290-E3133EC4AC1D.thumb.jpeg.9adfa865110d1ff921fc0b304c41267f.jpeg

As a fan of a club who's gone through something vaguely similar, all I can say is, I hope that we treat Chelsea fans with the same degree of care and compassion that other fans have treated us. Everybody...

?We're all gonna have a party when Chelsea die?

14 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

It was incredibly depressing hearing Chelsea fans chant Abramovich's name the other day. Integrity and morals are non-existent in football today. As long as your team is winning and your owner has a lot of money he's a hero and nothing else matters. Where the money comes from doesn't matter. 

The morally correct thing would be for all Chelsea fans to refuse to support their team in any way until they have a new owner (they won't). All broadcasters, Sky, BBC etc. should refuse to show any Chelsea games (they haven't), and Sky continue to make money off showing their games, and no one is criticising them for doing this. All Chelsea players should refuse to play or get their dirty money wages (obviously they won't).

Yet Sky, Chelsea fans/players continue with the empty gestures, like holding up a Ukrainian flag before games, then everyone feels better about themselves and just continue on.

Yeah i know they say sport and politics do not mix, sometimes they have to.  Some fans are just too thick, probably don't know it is happening, don't know where Ukraine is. Like you say, depressing at times to see fans who's only thoughts all week are football pub football pub football pub Mcd's Mcd's Mcd's

Chelsea recorded a loss of £153.4m for the year that ended June 2021, they blamed Covid for the loss of revenue, however they received £273.6m In broadcasting money.

Now they cannot take a penny profit, this has the potential to be catastrophic for the club. They are allowing players to continue to be paid, but where is that money coming from to pay the players, will Abramovich be allowed to put money into the club so they can continue to compete?

Can they sell players still then? Think its only fair that they start cutting their cloth accordingly as we had to do. 

Don't think they'd have to do anything drastic. Just sell virtually all of the first team and replace them with a shoestring of free transfers and youth players

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

Can they sell players still then? Think its only fair that they start cutting their cloth accordingly as we had to do. 

Don't think they'd have to do anything drastic. Just sell virtually all of the first team and replace them with a shoestring of free transfers and youth players

They can sell players, but any money coming in would be immediately frozen. So I don't even think they can use that money to pay wages etc.

45 minutes ago, David said:

Return taxi from Stamford Bridge to St Pancras £80 (4 people sharing): £20 per person

Eurostar to Lille, £129:50 return.

Return taxi from Lille station to the ground £40 (4 people sharing): £10 per person

Sandwiches and coffee £10 per head)

Chuck in £30 spending money (enough for kebab and chips) - that works out at about £200 per person.

So they can take about 100 players and staff

Edited by Eddie

1 hour ago, David said:

Feel for the staff and fans at Chelsea, as we know football is more than a game, so many will be impacted by those sanctions even down to the local suppliers to the concourses and hospitality suites.

I agree with all of that, except the Chelsea fans. Horrible entitled fanbase. Have it!