v Millwall (H) Match Thread

Day

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

He had an expensive squad at Stoke. 

And he was carp..... 

He is not a successful manager. 

Birmingham lost 8-0 at home to Bournemouth the week he took over he took them to a comfy 10th place finish and finished a couple of points of the playoffs yje next year ,  He took us to the Playoffs.  The Millwall side he has is total dross but he's kept them comfortably in this league and with a couple more on the bounce they'll be around the Top 6 .   He had very little time with Stoke who went trigger happy and panicked like someone else we know.  I disagree but all opinions.

As others have said plenty of huff and puff but you can’t be giving a team like Millwall a 2 goal cushion before flicking the switch. 

Think Lawrence’s red is rearing it’s ugly head. I say this quietly but it wouldn’t be a bad time to play the covid card. I think a week and half break would be appreciated. Could also have Lawrence back against a Luton side that might not be flying in a few weeks time.

1 minute ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Birmingham lost 8-0 at home to Bournemouth the week he took over he took them to a comfy 10th place finish and finished a couple of points of the playoffs yje next year ,  He took us to the Playoffs.  The Millwall side he has is total dross but he's kept them comfortably in this league and with a couple more on the bounce they'll be around the Top 6 .   He had very little time with Stoke who went trigger happy and panicked like someone else we know.  I disagree but all opinions.

He took us to the playoffs after stacking the team with expensive journeymen and ballooned our wage bill. 

Then served up the most craven performance in living memory vs Fulham at craven cottage...... 

Opinions, yes. 

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

He took us to the playoffs after stacking the team with expensive journeymen and ballooned our wage bill. 

Then served up the most craven performance in living memory vs Fulham at craven cottage...... 

Opinions, yes. 

He didn’t spend half as much as Lampard did and he finished the same position within the regular season. 

I quite rate the guy but ultimately he’s never got promoted from this league so it appears taking pony and making them mid table may be his level. I don’t mean that as a criticism either as teams like Barnsley, Millwall, Blackpool etc would snap your hand off at that.

That hurt. Stupid lack of defending for the goals but that’s down to experience. No lack of effort but the mountain is a bit steeper the 3 days ago. 

Millwall are tough guys, move the ball quickly but no more finesse up front than we showed.

Award for banker of the season goes to that little number 2 (apt shirt number ! ) Did he get a card for that prattling about with Buchanan, should have. 

Malcom looks very promising, Cashin good again never hurried or panicked. Sibbo is a good lad but lacks robustness and strength in games like this. Just not strong enough or powerful enough. No doubt his skill and determination but you can see why he is seen as better as a sub. 

Hope Festy is ok .. think it was knock on his ankle. 
interesting to see Alsop looking comfortable in his new defensive midfield role ? but think he’s better when he lies a bit deeper.

All the questionable decisions were beyond the range of my vision 

Que sera sera .. come on you rams. Role on Luton we need a result ! 

A bit too much inexperience in the lineup tonight. You need to stand up to the likes of Millwall and we got bullied first half, which is disappointing.

Second half much improved but we still rarely looked like scoring. Having said that, Millwall offered nothing 2nd half, and we should have had a penalty.

It is what it is. Give me a DCFC at the end of the season, regardless of division and I'll be happy.

Final word for the ex-Rams tonight. Evans and Pearce are fine. Bennett is irrelevant for me, mainly because he's just clearly an idiot, he just isn't intelligent.

Scott Malone though. He's that guy at school who people hated yet somehow hung out with the popular kids. A deeply unpleasant banker. Genuinely, there aren't many former players I like less and his attitude when he returns to play here is incredibly unprofessional. I'm disappointed Kaz didn't leave one on him tbh 

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Opinions, yes. 

Who?  Davies - Still here, Huddlestone - probably a year too long. Ledley was great till he got injured and left with no payoff . Jerome who got keys goals and we got the cash back for.  The ballooned wage bill was here long before Rowett.

Disappointed but not surprised have been playing with the bare bones of a squad for too long and lost to a well organised tough team. Despite that we dominated the second half but missed Lawrence for his work rate and ability to create from nothing. Shame Sibley was shown to lack the physical presence and awareness to start a game, better coming on when teams are stretched and tired. Don’t understand this continued vitriol towards Rowett et al, we need to get over it. If affected what up to tonight has been such a positive atmosphere. As for the ref thought he had a decent game and let it flow, a couple of times the linesman should have flagged for fouls my only gripe. Time wasting all teams do it and all refs let it happen if we had been leading it would have been the same and applauded. First goal was poor defending why no wall? Second they got the luck of the bounce and really could have been 3 up by half time. We just need to move on it is not over yet and I saw no player out there not giving his all. COYR

The stats suggest we had 2/3rd possession and gave as good as we got.

Millwall scored all three goals so a 2-1 defeat doesn’t look too bad.

OK other teams are picking up points now and starting at -21 is almost insurmountable but we are still in there fighting wit an ever more threadbare team but to still be in there with a chance and 39 points to play for is an amazing achievement!

10 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

He didn’t spend half as much as Lampard did and he finished the same position within the regular season. 

I quite rate the guy but ultimately he’s never got promoted from this league so it appears taking pony and making them mid table may be his level. I don’t mean that as a criticism either as teams like Barnsley, Millwall, Blackpool etc would snap your hand off at that.

He spent more on wages than Lampard. Plus he had us playing  very boring football. And left us to join another Championship club.  

Rowett is the ultimate anti-football manager. His style can be effective but in 30+ years of supporting this club I have never been more bored or disillusioned about watching the Rams than when he was manager. Even when we’ve been relegated or mid-table mediocre I’ve found something to enjoy. I found none of that in Rowett’s football, even when we were in the play offs. It was just awful, negative crap and I couldn’t have been happier when he decided to leave.
My opinion would’ve been the same win, lose or draw tonight.

4 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Millwall won fair and square.

They furthered their reputation, and that of their manager, for being horrible. Their fans, surprisingly, were abysmal.

I find it hard to hate them, but I'll make an exception for their right back, who I would cheerfully geld.

Need a hand with the red hot tongues ? .. I’m your man 

11 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

A bit too much inexperience in the lineup tonight. You need to stand up to the likes of Millwall and we got bullied first half, which is disappointing.

Second half much improved but we still rarely looked like scoring. Having said that, Millwall offered nothing 2nd half, and we should have had a penalty.

It is what it is. Give me a DCFC at the end of the season, regardless of division and I'll be happy.

Final word for the ex-Rams tonight. Evans and Pearce are fine. Bennett is irrelevant for me, mainly because he's just clearly an idiot, he just isn't intelligent.

Scott Malone though. He's that guy at school who people hated yet somehow hung out with the popular kids. A deeply unpleasant banker. Genuinely, there aren't many former players I like less and his attitude when he returns to play here is incredibly unprofessional. I'm disappointed Kaz didn't leave one on him tbh 

Yes. Injury time ref.  It's my first game and I misunderstood what it meant.  Easy Yellow and well worth it. 

I've hated Rowett ever since he attacked SJR at PP when he was Birmingham manager. I never wanted him as our manager and I hated the style of football he had us playing, so much so that I couldn't be arsed to go to the playoff games. The team performances around Easter at Burton and home to Sunderland were so appalling that they're the only times I've ever booed a Derby side off the pitch. He's an effective manager but his teams are generally snide, cynical and thoroughly unlikeable. I hope he's moved home now because I'd hate the thought that he's still stinking out our beautiful county with his festering presence.