The best season?

Alph

Is it?

It shouldn't be. But when was the last time you felt this togetherness? When did the lifelong pessimists last become blind optimists? When did the early leavers need to be asked to go home? When did we last stop bickering and all decide we're a big family?

This relegation battle beats the bloody promotion battles!!

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Is it?

It shouldn't be. But when was the last time you felt this togetherness? When did the lifelong pessimists last become blind optimists? When did the early leavers need to be asked to go home? When did we last stop bickering and all decide we're a big family?

Yes, I hope we’re battling relegation every season. This must be what it feels like to be a Sunderland fan. 

Promotion battles are boring when you know half the teams you are fighting are spending tens of millions of pounds that you aren't allowed to spend. We know how that plays out every time - lose to parachute team in playoff semi or playoff final - repeat forever.

At least with a relegation battle we don't know the outcome yet. Really keeps things exciting whilst we are still in with a shot.

With such a small squad we can't even argue about the team selection as all of our players are on the pitch anyway.

57 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Is it?

My first season was 2006/07. This is my favourite by an absolute mile.

Phew. At 0-0, Lawrence off and banned for 3 games, Reading winning, I thought: "that's it, 21 points with a paper thin squad is just too much." (Comment on the match - oops wrong thread).

But I have to say, this team really does fight to the end. Fantastic. It is a brilliant season.

It actually does remind me a bit of the promotion seasons under both Cox and TBE, where the Rams went behind in games, only to find something from somewhere and dig out a result.

They're all entertaining seasons, great teams, and do us proud. I do agree that one of the real positives this year is just how the supporters are coming together.

Maybe this is what defines us as Derby County. Oops wrong thread.

It is. I’ve never known an atmosphere like the last 5 at Pride Park today. Boincing. The whole ground absolutely buzzing. IF we pull this off, it will be  unbelievable scenes. I chuffin love it!! Jammied first class on the train, even that was rowdy as. The togetherness between players and fans is something I’ve not experienced before. Long May it continue! Allez Allez Allez… 

1972 & 1975 at the BBG were special, I was 10 for the first one and thought winning the league was what we did every year. Strangely the atmosphere watching Arthur Cox's teams win back to back promotions from division 3 to division 1 still stand out in my memory, we went to some obscure grounds and packed them out.

Edited by Rammysees

By far my favourite season. The passion and desire shown from the manager, staff and players is something I havent seen before. Atmosphere in the ground on another level. If we pull off this escape it will go down in history as one of the  est footballing achievements by a team.

16 minutes ago, Monkeytennis12345 said:

Great though this season is, for me, it has to be 85-86 86-7
Arthur Cox Black and White army. Some of the best away days and mentals that I can remember ! 

Yep before Arthur I thought the club was done for, nearly out of business down to div 3 and destined to stay there, crowds? What crowds? Then along came the King, Bobby, Phill, Gary, Big Rob, etc fantastic times seeing us rise back. Loving this season though such togetherness such pride COYR

20 minutes ago, Monkeytennis12345 said:

Great though this season is, for me, it has to be 85-86 86-7. 
Arthur Cox Black and White army. Some of the best away days and mentals that I can remember ! 

Same for me. as a 18-20 year old with a well used used Young Persons Railcard, I visited so many exotic places, Rotherham, Bury, Newport, York, Lincoln etc. wonderful times and great comaraderie and togetherness. My first taste of success as a rams fan after a fairly grim 10 years apart from the odd FA Cup run.