Who do we sign in the summer

B4ev6is

Our defence is looking a bit threadbare and that's even if the out of contract players sign new ones for next season, so that will need addressing. We basically have no strikers now and we're bit short on wide players. The midfield looks pretty good though if we dont sell anyone.

Other than an entire new defence and attack I don't think we really need any reinforcements.

1 hour ago, Rammy03 said:

No point thinking about next season while eveything is still up in the air. Just focus on this season and trying to keep our championship status

Minor detail. This thread is the equivalent of discussing of whether to paint the front door when the roof is gone missing, you can see daylight through cracks in the walls and the first floor is flooded.

pink, blue, may be black, think about it carefully, dont rush into a decision, it's a tricky one

11 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

And some thought 12 was optimistic, 40 is a massive rebuild job

It does include the ones we have that he wants to retain presumably - we have so few under contract from July 1st 

Edited by Sparkle

10 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It does include the ones we have that he wants to retain presumably - we have so few under contract from July 1st 

This may have been dealt with already but at some point we will reach the threshold for the minimum number of players of 'professional standing' won't we? I can't remember what the parameters for that are. Just wondering when that will allow the club to resign some of the players regardless of embargo status?

No no no ! Derby need punishing more, they've hardly had to let anyone go and held onto all their best players ! wah wah wah ?

Frankly it'll take several transfer windows to sort this out. I think we probably need numbers as much as specific positions. Some youth team levels struggling to fill the bench. Obviously we'll have to wait until a takeover is sorted and see what sort of business plan is agreed with the EFL but there's no doubt that we are suffering at all levels now with squad depth or the complete lack of it.

I know we don’t know what league we’ll be in yet, I have always been optimistic that we would at least exist beyond the season and that’s looking more likely at the moment. In terms of recruiting, priority should be extending contracts once a takeover is done then let’s assume it will be a case of adding freebies, loans and the odd modest fee.
I’d like to see some height, pace and athleticism added into the squad if possible, I feel other than the recent emergence of Festy we’ve been lacking in the pace and power department for years, often being bullied by more physical teams. If we can find a handful of more physical players to complement our slighter, accomplished footballers we’ll have a good blend whichever league we’re in. 

23 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

Plenty of free agents this summer, I imagine that will be alot of our shopping

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB2

I could pretty much make a team from that first page to get at least get top 6 in this division.  Thankfully for us, it's absolute bobbins at the minute.  I thought Buchanans contract ran to 2023 mind . 

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!