Things that annoy me that should annoy me

sage

13 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Then I have the perfect Christmas present for you. He was the writer of Seinfeld but did a spin off series called Curb Your Enthusiasm that should be pretty much essential viewing for anyone in this thread. Really, if you only do one thing this Christmas watch it - it's top five of comedy series of all time and I can't think of a better one that has come out of the US. Let's put it this way, it knocks Malcolm In The Middle into a cocked hat without breaking a sweat.

Just an example, here is the series eleven trailer: 

Among many many many of my favourites is this one ?

Nationwide takeaway delivery overlords, who appear not to care/to turn a blind eye/openly encourage their public-facing representatives to break highway laws, and c*** a snook at decency, morality... and the safety of others.

Reg-plated motorised scooters on pedestrian walkways.
Pedal cycles without lights... after dark/before daylight... ridden by deliverers without any visible clothing beyond the black spectrum.
RLJ's by the daily dozen.
On the phone whilst driving/riding.

All emblazoned by the very names and logos of said takeaway delivery overlords.  Advertising the very worst... and in some cases, potentially the most likely to result in severe injury/death... of highway safety and consideration to others.

Oh... and give those back boxes a wash will yer... yer filthy b*******!  

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Nationwide takeaway delivery overlords, who appear not to care/to turn a blind eye/openly encourage their public-facing representatives to break highway laws, and c*** a snook at decency, morality... and the safety of others.

Pedal cycles without lights... after dark/before daylight... ridden by deliverers without any visible clothing beyond the black spectrum.

All emblazoned by the very names and logos of said takeaway delivery overlords.  Advertising the very worst... and in some cases, potentially the most likely to result in severe injury/death... of highway safety and consideration to others.

Tired Deep Breath GIF by Paul McCartney

Had a bad day Hon? Talk to us. Let it all out. You're amongst friends.

I know what you mean, though.

9 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Tired Deep Breath GIF by Paul McCartney

Had a bad day Hon? Talk to us. Let it all out. You're amongst friends.

It was yesterday, to be honest.

The thick, stupid, shittforbrains is only still alive due to my natural reactions kicking in.
If I'd have had chance to put some thought into it, I'd have gladly ignored my red-lit dashboard, screaming at me to brake, brake, brake, ploughed into the tvvat, and done the world a favour! ?

... Thanks for listening!  ?

30 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

It was yesterday, to be honest.

The thick, stupid, shittforbrains is only still alive due to my natural reactions kicking in.
If I'd have had chance to put some thought into it, I'd have gladly ignored my red-lit dashboard, screaming at me to brake, brake, brake, ploughed into the tvvat, and done the world a favour! ?

... Thanks for listening!  ?

Any time image.png.b35aa9e445bc47a028f34e4b41e8a542.png

1 hour ago, Ewe Ram said:

People who go to work sneezing and snotted up to the eyeballs. I’ve got news for you, you’re not so important that you can’t take some time out. 
I’m now infected and not left the house in 4 days when I’ve got loads to do. 
ps yes, I know some don’t get paid. 

Join the club.  Had two at it around me all week.  One even turned a fan on to blast it around for a bit.  Resorted to a mask on the face in an endeavour to avoid it. Not successful.  There ok and I now feel like s***

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Join the club.  Had two at it around me all week.  One even turned a fan on to blast it around for a bit.  Resorted to a mask on the face in an endeavour to avoid it. Not successful.  There ok and I now feel like s***

This is the worst I’ve felt in years, worse than Covid. My ribs are agony from coughing. I’ve seen nobody except my other half all week and all my plans were cancelled. Hope they’ve enjoyed the run up to Christmas, selfish gits 

9 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Businesses that don't pay sick pay from day one which forces poorly paid workers to attend work when they're ill and spread the germs around.

Yes, this is partly to blame for the spread. People shouldn’t have to suffer because they’re too sick to work 

1 hour ago, ketteringram said:

I'd vaguely heard of it, but knew nothing about it.

After watching the clips posted here, I'd say you've not missed out. But then I seem to have an unusual sense of what passes for comedy!

I don't think clips alone do it justice, it grew on me with each episode, but I'd agree that it might be one of those 'marmite' comedies that some just don't get. 

20 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I nearly hit one the other day. No lights, dark clothes. Pulled across me to turn right just as I pulled away at traffic lights.

Also one nearly hit pedestrian me as he ploughed through a red at a pelican crossing. He then stopped to give me a hard time for not watching where I was going.

Won't ever use them. Or their taxis.