Things that annoy me that should annoy me

sage

2 hours ago, FindernRam said:

Is that why I barely understand a word my wife says anymore!

Underneath your words I had an advert - FATJOE Outsourced SEO, with a picture of a dog wearing antlers being given a red rose by a pretty, young lady. They're also shaking paws.  The words underneath that say: Deliver better SEO with Done - for - you Links and Content Services.

Apart from being offended by all the gratuitous and incorrect use of mid-sentence capital letters I'm also baffled.  I understand what every single individual word means (except not a clue what SEO stands for) but what on God's green earth are they trying to sell me?  The advert so irritates me that I will not on principle press the Open button 

23 hours ago, Anon said:

You misspelled "woke rhetoric".

What do you mean by "woke" - I get the rhetoric bit, even though I think it's clear it's far from that but if it fits your agenda so be it. Anyway, your definition of "woke" in what was written?

On 03/09/2022 at 11:33, angieram said:

Well, I think people who criticise other people's fashion choices are judgemental and snobbish and that annoys me! ?

Surely the point of the thread is to call out behaviours that are unacceptable to the majority. Is your example one of those? 

I don’t think that’s the point, it’s more personal (the thread). 
The poster pointing things out that annoy the poster.

In some cases every one else may think “That’s a bit strange.. your weirdo” but that is not the point.

Flashers.

No not that kind.

The kind who flash you in and out of junctions going completely against the highway code and causing more hold ups than if they had just proceded per the regular flow of traffic.

I take great delight in ignoring them and watching their faces scrunch up in anger as they eventually get the message.

2 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

Flashers.

No not that kind.

The kind who flash you in and out of junctions going completely against the highway code and causing more hold ups than if they had just proceded per the regular flow of traffic.

I take great delight in ignoring them and watching their faces scrunch up in anger as they eventually get the message.

Or alternatively, polite fellow motorists who understand that sometimes it is very hard to exit or enter junctions onto/from busy main roads and who therefore signal that they are offering help, and a degree of protection, from other motorists too impatient to allow others to enter the highway.

It may be against the HC to 'flash' your lights to others in a positive manner but, equally, if you don't do that other drivers are often uncertain if you are offering a gap or not.  Try not signalling when cars are filtering ahead of you into a single lane for example and watch how the uncertainty leads to hesitation and therefore danger.

I would agree that grinding to a sudden, unexpected halt in a flow of traffic to let someone out can be dangerous but shouldn't we all be helping each other out? Using a quick, positive headlight flash to signal intention/permission is no bad thing.

1 hour ago, ilkleyram said:

Or alternatively, polite fellow motorists who understand that sometimes it is very hard to exit or enter junctions onto/from busy main roads and who therefore signal that they are offering help, and a degree of protection, from other motorists too impatient to allow others to enter the highway.

It may be against the HC to 'flash' your lights to others in a positive manner but, equally, if you don't do that other drivers are often uncertain if you are offering a gap or not.  Try not signalling when cars are filtering ahead of you into a single lane for example and watch how the uncertainty leads to hesitation and therefore danger.

I would agree that grinding to a sudden, unexpected halt in a flow of traffic to let someone out can be dangerous but shouldn't we all be helping each other out? Using a quick, positive headlight flash to signal intention/permission is no bad thing.

Would you do it on your driving test? No. 

Not sure why people feel the need to "help" other drivers out of junctions - we're capable of getting out of junctions by making our own decision on when there is a suitable gap.

It's people thinking they know better than the rules of the road.

Rather than random signals that mean different things to different people at different times, maybe we could help each other out by  following the rules that we were supposed to learn.

Plus it's an absolute classic crash for cash technique.

On 06/09/2022 at 14:57, BaaLocks said:

What do you mean by "woke" - I get the rhetoric bit, even though I think it's clear it's far from that but if it fits your agenda so be it. Anyway, your definition of "woke" in what was written?

As far as I'm aware, "woke" was originally used positively by the intersectional crowd. It was then co-opted by people who made fun of their views. The definition I'd go with at the moment is a very broad pool of extreme progressive ideas/talking points. It doesn't apply to various parts of your post, but I used it deliberately because it amused me considering how negatively you view the word and those who use it.

2 hours ago, Anon said:

As far as I'm aware, "woke" was originally used positively by the intersectional crowd. It was then co-opted by people who made fun of their views. The definition I'd go with at the moment is a very broad pool of extreme progressive ideas/talking points. It doesn't apply to various parts of your post, but I used it deliberately because it amused me considering how negatively you view the word and those who use it.

OK, thx for taking the time. Appreciate the explanation.

My latest pet hate are the solicitors and legal firms that will charge you an arm an a leg (c£400) to do your lasting powers of attorney for you. It’s a bit of a balls ache and there are plenty of pages to complete but it’s something most people can do themselves online using the governments online forms and guidance notes.

I’ve done them for me, my wife, my father in law and mother in law. My wife’s auntie and uncle decided to go through a solicitor and not only did it cost them an arm and a leg, it’s taken far longer and the solicitors didn’t quite get it right in terms of who can witness the various signatures.

I’ve available for hire if anyone needs any help ?

29 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

My latest pet hate are the solicitors and legal firms that will charge you an arm an a leg (c£400) to do your lasting powers of attorney for you. It’s a bit of a balls ache and there are plenty of pages to complete but it’s something most people can do themselves online using the governments online forms and guidance notes.

I’ve done them for me, my wife, my father in law and mother in law. My wife’s auntie and uncle decided to go through a solicitor and not only did it cost them an arm and a leg, it’s taken far longer and the solicitors didn’t quite get it right in terms of who can witness the various signatures.

I’ve available for hire if anyone needs any help ?

Seeing as you’ve made a typo, no thanks. ?