This Club.

Bubbles

I can’t believe it, really.

The team up against it all, the chaps that are fighting to keep a smile on the faces of everyone in and around the club, are the ones who I have felt closest to as a fan.

That might not make sense, but the lads that go out there and give it their best for 90 minutes in the first team, the 23’s, 18’s, to me, are the most likeable that we’ve had in a long long time.

Saw that post about Festy Ebosele earlier, dare I say it it made me feel rather emotional.

We have a bunch of players who are the most ambitious, determined, down to earth players that we’ve ever had at this club, and it kind of makes me sad that the season I have felt this way has ultimately been this season. I wish and I hope that we don’t lose any more of these fantastic chaps that we have at this football club.

I thank Rooney, Rosenior, Walker and co, for keeping fighting, for staying grounded, determined, and battling against the odds but honestly, this set of lads that we go out in our numbers and support, are the most genuine, honest and most likeable we’ve had at Derby County football club in such a long time.

I really really hope we can retain the vast majority of these past this season.

I think regardless of circumstance come May, come Cardiff @ home, we can look back and see that every single individual at this club, the players, the staff, the fans, have all shown us who they are deep down, and have shown commitment, ambition, determination. The three most important characteristics.

Be proud of yourselves, and keep fighting against all odds.

3 hours ago, Bubbles said:

The team up against it all, the chaps that are fighting to keep a smile on the faces of everyone in and around the club, are the ones who I have felt closest to as a fan.

That might not make sense, but the lads that go out there and give it their best for 90 minutes in the first team, the 23’s, 18’s, to me, are the most likeable that we’ve had in a long long time.

Saw that post about Festy Ebosele earlier, dare I say it it made me feel rather emotional.

We have a bunch of players who are the most ambitious, determined, down to earth players that we’ve ever had at this club, and it kind of makes me sad that the season I have felt this way has ultimately been this season. I wish and I hope that we don’t lose any more of these fantastic chaps that we have at this football club.

I thank Rooney, Rosenior, Walker and co, for keeping fighting, for staying grounded, determined, and battling against the odds but honestly, this set of lads that we go out in our numbers and support, are the most genuine, honest and most likeable we’ve had at Derby County football club in such a long time.

I think regardless of circumstance come May, come Cardiff @ home, we can look back and see that every single individual at this club, the players, the staff, the fans, have all shown us who they are deep down, and have shown commitment, ambition, determination. The three most important characteristics.

Brilliant post, Bubbles!

Perfectly sums up the defiant spirit of unity exhibited throughout the club.

Don’t worry. I’m sure we’ll see the usual over reaction (rather than fair and reasonable criticism) from some folk if we lose to Brum on Sunday.

#he’s a disgrace, #never want to see him in a Derby shirt ever again, #if we get an offer I’ll drive him there myself etc.

Very sad but I bet some won’t be able to resist.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Don’t worry. I’m sure we’ll see the usual over reaction (rather than fair and reasonable criticism) from some folk if we lose to Brum on Sunday.

#he’s a disgrace, #never want to see him in a Derby shirt ever again, #if we get an offer I’ll drive him there myself etc.

Very sad but I bet some won’t be able to resist.

You've probably noticed how much shorter the matchday threads have been since the lads have been battling so hard for us.

On the pitch, this season has been brilliant. Maybe the football hasn't been quite as exciting as some of our better eras, but I don't remember a time when the players, management and fans felt so bonded.

It always looks like the players give everything they've got. Really, that's all we can ask. I've never bood at a game, but occasionally it's felt like the players in past seasons deserved it for their lack of effort. Not this season - even in defeat they've all deserved our praise, support and applause. 

57 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

On the pitch, this season has been brilliant. Maybe the football hasn't been quite as exciting as some of our better eras, but I don't remember a time when the players, management and fans felt so bonded.

It always looks like the players give everything they've got. Really, that's all we can ask. I've never bood at a game, but occasionally it's felt like the players in past seasons deserved it for their lack of effort. Not this season - even in defeat they've all deserved our praise, support and applause. 

I agree I've never booed at a game either and it's lots better not to hear anyone booing and just hear the applause after every match.

8 hours ago, Bubbles said:

Brilliant post mate , exactly how i feel as well , proud of every single one of them , Come On You Rams