Fans March Sunday v Birmingham

therams69

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Assume aim of march is publicity? So whoever leads singing esp as we get towards the ground needs to ensure we are not singing **** the efl or that gibson song or it wont be shown on anything and we shoot ourselves in foot

I agree, but good luck with that 

We'll fight to the end and DTID would be best 

Yes, it needs to be very family friendly language or it will look bad. Lots of "Since I was young" etc and no duck words, or the whole thing will reflect very badly. Lets make it a family thing, lots of youngsters and no beered up, coked up duckwits  anywhere near the place.

2 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Yes, it needs to be very family friendly language or it will look bad. Lots of "Since I was young" etc and no duck words, or the whole thing will reflect very badly. Lets make it a family thing, lots of youngsters and no beered up, coked up duckwits  anywhere near the place.

Do we need to get some kind of appeal out on Twitter where it will be seen by a wider audience?

4 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Assume aim of march is publicity? So whoever leads singing esp as we get towards the ground needs to ensure we are not singing **** the efl or that gibson song or it wont be shown on anything and we shoot ourselves in foot

As we near the stadium, everyone around will know what's going on/What it's all about.

Need to raise eyebrows (and hopefully interest) to those loitering around town/market place/moreledge/bus station etc.  Get them excited, and hopefully get them on board!   

A recruiting drive, if you will!   ?

I agree the tone should definitely be family friendly in general, rather than an overly aggressive and aggravated mob descending onto pride park. Lots of since I was young, when the rams go marching in, you are my Derby etc.  I do think one or two 'duck the efl' chants would be tolerable though ?  

39 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Dark chocolate bounties are great and I am prepared to die on that hill.

I'll see you at the march.

Ditto.

I love dark chocolate (and Bounty Bars!) but I also love white chocolate - it's a Black & White World (as Elvis Costello sang!!)

On 25/01/2022 at 16:29, therams69 said:

Hi guys

I hadn't seen a post on here about the march so passing the message on.

Ryan the chap who has taken the time to organise everything will be doing media rounds with Ed Dawes & Natalie Jackson so hopefully as many fans as possible will be aware and can attend. Would be great if we can get a few thousand.

I have managed to get 40 / 50 flags so these will be distributed on the day and I will then take these back to get into the stadium for the game.

Will also be a new banner about Save the Club at the front of the march.

In short, an 1130 meet at the Assembly Rooms and slow walk to Pride Park via closed roads thanks to Derby Police and Roger Brown who has sorted this. Expect to arrive at Pride Park just after midday.

Be good if as many as possible can join in to spread the word. This is potentially our last chance to show what this football club means to our city to the wider audience.

DCFC March.jpg

I know you're not in charge per se, but will you be encouraging Derby songs without swearing to gain all encompassing support and increase chances of getting on TV. 

Crack on during the game obviously 

Just now, ColonelBlimp said:

That's a Southampton song, well it was when I used to watch them. Is there another not pinched?

We're Southampton even a club in the 60s and 70s? ?

It hardly belongs to any club, as it is an old spiritual song.

Although Interestingly, Google seem to think it was written by Bruce Springsteen!

We did used to sing it all the time back in the day. Perhaps you're not old enough to remember?

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

We're Southampton even a club in the 60s and 70s? ?

It hardly belongs to any club, as it is an old spiritual song.

Although Interestingly, Google seem to think it was written by Bruce Springsteen!

We did used to sing it all the time back in the day. Perhaps you're not old enough to remember?

My good friend Louis played it at my 50th Birthday Bash, in 1938...

32 minutes ago, NottmRAM said:

We should have a prepared statement for any fans that are interviewed by TV - something like "the efl could rule that boro and Wycombe are not football creditors which would allow the sale and save Derby County".

I like that idea, hopefully people can stick to the script haha