Birmingham City (H) Matchday Thread

Ghost of Clough

Just now, Caerphilly Ram said:

Maybe change the shape, go 3 at the back and let Festy and Byrne run at them. Knight can rat around in midfield with Bird and Thommo then Plange and Lawrence up top 

Yep it could be a good option for us.

We’ve been tactically outdone thus far

not a great first half after such a promising first few minutes. we need to get a grip in midfield, the link up has been very poor. still all to play for and I still think we can win this one. Festy will rip them a new one 2nd half. We are allowing them to keep the 3 pressing up front, we need to force them to have to drop deeper.

Edited by Yani P

We've done well to keep it 0-1, Bowyer and Brum nailed their brief so far, we're in this for the second half. If we get some momentum the crowd will come into it. Playing in front of 30k+ can be a blessing or a curse, so far the latter. Need to get some spark to ignite the ocasion as there was absolutely nothing to get the juices going in that half.

6 minutes ago, Yani P said:

This is why teams time waste..only 4 minutes of extras

Why do referees ignore the huge waste of time. 4 mins is ridiculous. For 30 seconds wasting I’d add double every time. You’d soon sort it. It’s conning the public too. I’ll never work it out. Absolute travesty. And yes when we’ve been winning we’ve done it, clamp down on it and it’ll end 

Think we have 45 mins to keep the season alive. Today and last week we have looked devoid of energy and ideas. The tiny squad has caught up with us. Too many players running on empty. Get Kazim on and go direct. The intricate passing isn’t working atm. Get the crowd involved, it’s all a bit flat. Every one needs a lift.