Nottingham Forest Match-day Thread Saturday 22nd January 12.30

Anag Ram

Started well. Lawrence will be the first to admit he should’ve buried that chance.

Cooper made the right change at the right time and we didn’t adapt to the change well.

Came out quick in 2nd half but the goal from a set piece was a sucker punch and put us on the back foot.

Ravel wanted too much time on the ball for a local Derby in the championship. Plange starting with Kaz coming on works better over the 90 too.

Their 2nd was great play from Johnson.

Cooks challenge for the penalty was a higher foot than Morrisons red card.

Samba has no right to charge out and try and start fights.

Colback is annoying Bamford but suits Forest down to the ground.

A game of what ifs after a bright start. We need to get through this month and concentrate on survival on and off the pitch.

3 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

The point you were making was garbage though, unless you're a red.

Someone constantly following you round, eyeballing you, talking trash and bumping into you in the last minute of the game is crying out to be laid out. Ref needs to get a grip of it and warn him for ungentlemanly conduct.

I would argue that being inclined to lay somebody out is ungentlemanly conduct. 

1 minute ago, roboto said:

Started well. Lawrence will be the first to admit he should’ve buried that chance.

Cooper made the right change at the right time and we didn’t adapt to the change well.

Came out quick in 2nd half but the goal from a set piece was a sucker punch and put us on the back foot.

Ravel wanted too much time on the ball for a local Derby in the championship. Plange starting with Kaz coming on works better over the 90 too.

Their 2nd was great play from Johnson.

Cooks challenge for the penalty was a higher foot than Morrisons red card.

Samba has no right to charge out and try and start fights.

Colback is annoying Bamford but suits Forest down to the ground.

A game of what ifs after a bright start. We need to get through this month and concentrate on survival on and off the pitch.

Lawrence sitter felt like it could be the turning point and so it proved. 

Very painful game to watch. Stop, start, stop, start. And a full return to perilously playing it around the back, which very nearly cost us another goal.

Safety suddenly looks a lot further away, but I believe the lads can do it, providing we don't lose any more players and actually survive the season...

25 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Don't agree that players should be booked or punished for "trying to get a rise out of the opposition" - in this case Samba and Colback. If you're a professional, you simply don't rise to it. They're not children, they're grown adults who are supposed to be at work. 

There’s competitive winding up / sledging and then there is cheating - different things .. that mouthy ginger lad held his hand to his face .. he was lying in order to get an opponent booked. That’s is pure dirt and should not be allowed in the game. For me fake hands to faces and feigning injury should be straight red. I’m serious. This is sport, you just don’t do it. 

Samba assaulted Lawrence off the ball, Lawrence retaliated. The rules probably say yellow for both. Samba has no excuse at all. Lawrence as captain might have done better but when adrenaline is high these things happen. 

Just now, Redshaw_Ram said:

Very painful game to watch. Stop, start, stop, start. And a full return to perilously playing it around the back, which very nearly cost us another goal.

Safety suddenly looks a lot further away, but I believe the lads can do it, providing we don't lose any more players and actually survive the season...

Safety will only look further away if the teams around us win today.

We were never going to win every game, take the emotion out and we lost narrowly away to a play off chasing side. Keep the faith!

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Was an excellent block and the rebound was just ahead of Byrne at the post.

I don't think we were at our best but we weren't as bad as all that. The ref was all for giving them push and shoves but not us, particularly up front. But they weren't that good and they can choose from god knows how many front players. Think we didn't quite have the experience and nouce at times. But not disheartened by the display.

TL’s chance in the first half goes in and we probably get a point. 

Forest march on to 7th place at seasons end. 

As for pushing and shoving, just a thought - are the referees seeing our white shirts standing out and therefore watching them and ignoring the opposition’s?

Just now, jono said:

There’s competitive winding up / sledging and then there is cheating - different things .. that mouthy ginger lad held his hand to his face .. he was lying in order to get an opponent booked. That’s is pure dirt and should not be allowed in the game. For me fake hands to faces and feigning injury should be straight red. I’m serious. This is sport, you just don’t do it. 

Samba assaulted Lawrence off the ball, Lawrence retaliated. The rules probably say yellow for both. Samba has no excuse at all. Lawrence as captain might have done better but when adrenaline is high these things happen. 

I may be blinkered, but I didn't see Lawrence did anything wrong at all