EFL statement

RoyMac5

3 hours ago, Warwick Ram said:

I suggested a supporter representative at meetings between the administrators and the EFL. Mr Parry thinks this is an interesting idea.

I said this is the only way we know what exactly is happening.

Who is going to attend?

This would be very interesting. The way I see it, the Administrators represent the interests of the creditors (although I do trust that they are trying to come to an amicable solution for all, their primary concern is that of the creditors).

The EFL represent themselves and all their member clubs.

We need someone present who has the sole interest of DCFC as an entity to represent us.

Maybe just a pipe dream, I don't suppose they will take the risk

Also, without falling foul of forum rules on discussing politics, Andrew Bridgen is absolutely not my favourite MP. He's not my MP, but I'm aware of him all the same.

However I don't think we should be too harsh on his tweets. He's only just dipped his toe into this situation and he's just sharing what he has picked up from today. It's only natural he has only just discovered what we've known for a while because we live and breathe this stuff as the sort of saddos that post on a DCFC forum (no offence all, I count myself a part of that)

If he didn't tweet anything at all, he'd be criticised for not providing us an update. Let's see if on the back of his initial fact finding he delves a bit deeper and helps us get somewhere.

7 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Also, without falling foul of forum rules on discussing politics, Andrew Bridgen is absolutely not my favourite MP. He's not my MP, but I'm aware of him all the same.

However I don't think we should be too harsh on his tweets. He's only just dipped his toe into this situation and he's just sharing what he has picked up from today. It's only natural he has only just discovered what we've known for a while because we live and breathe this stuff as the sort of saddos that post on a DCFC forum (no offence all, I count myself a part of that)

If he didn't tweet anything at all, he'd be criticised for not providing us an update. Let's see if on the back of his initial fact finding he delves a bit deeper and helps us get somewhere.

Indeed. I’ve replied to his tweet and tried to clearly set out why any EFL claim that administrators haven’t presented a bidder is technically correct but deeply disingenuous. 

So, what I don’t get it is this:

we’re all doom and glooming that we won’t find the funds to complete the season by the EFL’s deadline. 

but put aside the fairness of it all, and we do have at least £5mil worth if players, surely, even if it left us with just the under 23s. 

of course I don’t want that to happen, but other clubs have had to have fire sales and been left with the bare bones too, to make ends meet. So what makes us different?

I guess that’s what the EFL and everyone else is thinking, we don’t have to be liquidated, we can just sell a bunch of players, like in the last few turns of monopoly where you refuse to just give in and sell all your houses, knowing full well it will only buy you a couple more goes.

it’s not right, and it’s not fair, but that’s the corner the EFL are backing us into, and we wouldn’t be the first club to be backed into that corner and spend a few seasons in league one.

or is the problem that if we sell all our players for a cut price, we are massively devaluing the club, and then no one will buy it for any kind of money, we’ll start next season on -15pts, and then we really will be out of money with nothing left to sell (game over in monopoly). So all selling our players does is delay the inevitable.

but then I’m always that stubborn bugger in monopoly who thinks, if I can just avoid Mayfair for a couple of goes past go, I can start to unmortgage stuff and rebuild my great empire. Live to fight another day, and all that

10 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

we’re all doom and glooming that we won’t find the funds to complete the season by the EFL’s deadline. 

but put aside the fairness of it all, and we do have at least £5mil worth if players, surely, even if it left us with just the under 23s. 

of course I don’t want that to happen, but other clubs have had to have fire sales and been left with the bare bones too, to make ends meet. So what makes us different?

I guess that’s what the EFL and everyone else is thinking, we don’t have to be liquidated, we can just sell a bunch of players, like in the last few turns of monopoly where you refuse to just give in and sell all your houses, knowing full well it will only buy you a couple more goes.

it’s not right, and it’s not fair, but that’s the corner the EFL are backing us into, and we wouldn’t be the first club to be backed into that corner and spend a few seasons in league one.

or is the problem that if we sell all our players for a cut price, we are massively devaluing the club, and then no one will buy it for any kind of money, we’ll start next season on -15pts, and then we really will be out of money with nothing left to sell (game over in monopoly). So all selling our players does is delay the inevitable.

but then I’m always that stubborn bugger in monopoly who thinks, if I can just avoid Mayfair for a couple of goes past go, I can start to unmortgage stuff and rebuild my great empire. Live to fight another day, and all that

If “no-one will buy us for any kind of money” we will be liquidated and cease to exist. 

12 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I guess the question then is what happens in 6 months when the £5m runs out. The same issues will still exist, the claims will still be there if not sorted.

16 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Keeping the players together and hoping we don't go down would be the best financial incentive.  I would have thought the more assets we lose the less attractive we become. There would be a huge amount of work to do in the summer anyway. 

If we were in with a chance of staying up with 10 games to go, the stadium would be getting back close to full.

I don't believe player sales can generate enough to make it a worthwhile option. Especially when we can't replace anyone. 11 players over 21... If we had those numbers in the prem we would have been calling off games for the last month.

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

Agree, lobbied on behalf of a timber company who gave him 5k….anyway, hopefully he can help our cause ?

EFL is keen to try and resolve the current impasse. The EFL invited each of the Administrators, Middlesbrough FC, and Wycombe Wanderers to make submissions on this point last week, and we are now in the process of reviewing those submissions with a view to identifying a route to resolve the conflict which exists between the respective positions of, on the one hand, Derby County, and on the other Middlesbrough and Wycombe Wanderers.

That is the heart of the matter; despite MFC and WWFC’s claims widely felt to be spurious and fallacious, the EFL are allowing them to prevent the process moving forward when the clock is ticking against Derby. That is disingenuous on the EFL’s part and that seriously risks Derby County’s future. It’s taken them all day to come up with that. The Government needs to step in and give them a head wobble. 

Edited by Ellafella

Here's the statement ddirectly:

https://www.efl.com/news/2022/january/efl-statement-Derby-county/

Full of weasel words from the EFL. For instance, point 11 they claim the Administrators accepted the additional 9 point penalty. Wasn't this only because the EFL kicked the appeal into the long grass so we had absolutely no choice if continuing to function as a club?

I'm glad they say we say the Boro and Wycombe claims are "spurious". It is appalling they have no view on them, haven't even seen Wycombe's. but won't let us deal separately with them outside the EFL framework and through the courts.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Full of weasel words from the EFL. For instance, point 11 they claim the Administrators accepted the additional 9 point penalty. Wasn't this only because the EFL kicked the appeal into the long grass so we had absolutely no choice if continuing to function as a club?

I'm glad they say we say the Boro and Wycombe claims are "spurious". It is appalling they have no view on them, haven't even seen Wycombe's. but won't let us deal separately with them outside the EFL framework and through the courts.

Absolutely; they know them to be hogwash, yet pretend they don’t know the detail. Utter tripe; they need calling out big time. 

In my opinion, and I fight tears as I type, I think we are screwed.

I was given hope yesterday and this morning when seeing MPs and business leaders, famous people etc rallying behind our cause.

That statement says it all. 

The EFL should just realise a 3 word statement...

"Because We Can"

Boro and Wycombe are dogs with bones.

The EFL aren't growing a back bone and clearly not willing to help us.

No one wants to commit to buying us.

The administrators are proving to be absolutely terribly incompetent.

If Shinnies deal is anything to go by, we have a lot of work to do to raise the money needed in 2 weeks.

It feels like there are too many things that need to fall into place at once and the administrators are desperately running out of time.

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Point 12. Does the EFL have a vendetta against Derby County?

Now if you are a ruling body or a person of authority (Police, Judge, border guard etc.) you would think that you dont have to justify that point and should be totally impartial in your judgement and actions

Me thinks all the noise around the current situation  is starting to get to them and they dont like it one bit. Good. Tossers.

8 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

In my opinion, and I fight tears as I type, I think we are screwed.

I was given hope yesterday and this morning when seeing MPs and business leaders, famous people etc rallying behind our cause.

That statement says it all. 

The EFL should just realise a 3 word statement...

"Because We Can"

Boro and Wycombe are dogs with bones.

The EFL aren't growing a back bone and clearly not willing to help us.

No one wants to commit to buying us.

The administrators are proving to be absolutely terribly incompetent.

If Shinnies deal is anything to go by, we have a lot of work to do to raise the money needed in 2 weeks.

It feels like there are too many things that need to fall into place at once and the administrators are desperately running out of time.

The thing is we can't give up. We have to keep fighting and making sure that our voices are heard.