Is Mel still 'pulling the strings'?

RoyMac5

If this is based on Nixon story about Kirchner pulling out because he wasn't willing to pay £20 m for PPS, well Nixon is talking poo which is not unusual., and contradicts what Kirchner says that Morris doesn't even own PPS.

What we do know is that both Morris and MSD have an interest in PPS. And admin team has said an agreement in principle has been reached with both Morris and MSD over PPS. Kirchner is irrelevant as he has been outbid. So that isn't the hold up.

The admin team has been quite clear however that the Boro and Wycombe claims have held things up, and looks like they coontinue to do so. 

No idea whether this is true, though I did voice a hunch to similar effect when Kirschner pulled out. If it does turn out to be true, Mr Morris is likely to be on the receiving end of a backlash no owner in English football history has experienced. I suppose if he intends to hide behind the locked gates of a mansion for the rest of his life, that might not concern him, but if he plans to venture from his home ever again, he'd do well to bear this in mind as it'd be extremely likely to get very ugly indeed.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

If this is based on Nixon story about Kirchner pulling out because he wasn't willing to pay £20 m for PPS, well Nixon is talking poo which is not unusual., and contradicts what Kirchner says that Morris doesn't even own PPS.

What we do know is that both Morris and MSD have an interest in PPS. And admin team has said an agreement in principle has been reached with both Morris and MSD over PPS. Kirchner is irrelevant as he has been outbid. So that isn't the hold up.

The admin team has been quite clear however that the Boro and Wycombe claims have held things up, and looks like they coontinue to do so. 

I agree   The admins and MSD are almost definitely working v closely together and if MM was dicking anyone around they would slap the stadium owning company into administration post haste. They'd also quite likely threaten MM with court applications for disqualification as a director.  

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

I agree   The admins and MSD are almost definitely working v closely together and if MM was dicking anyone around they would slap the stadium owning company into administration post haste. They'd also quite likely threaten MM with court applications for disqualification as a director.  

How so if he's not defaulted?

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Seems to be gaining some acceptance that it is Morris 'pulling strings' and holding up a deal?

image.thumb.png.df1e8682e4aefd349bb7fcd721a9f28e.png

I misread the first line as there seems to be a misunderstanding that Mel Morris has wrecked our club then immediately thought the Tweet was nonsense....serves me right for skim reading ?

13 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How so if he's not defaulted?

Fair question. 

It's a combined financing involving the club and 202. The club has been in a battle with its regulator and lost, it's failed to pay tax, it's in administration, it's cash flow insolvent and there may also have been interest payments missed. All these things would have been defaults. As iram pointed out though, these defaults might have been waived by MSD, say at the time the November funding framework agreement was negotiated.     But MSD has some very sharp advisers on the case and I'd be astonished if they have put MSD in a position where it couldn't step in, if MM dicked them around stadium-wise. 

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

It's a combined financing involving the club and 202. The club has been in a battle with its regulator and lost, it's failed to pay tax, it's in administration, it's cash flow insolvent and there may also have been interest payments missed. All these things would have been defaults. As iram pointed out though, these defaults might have been waived by MSD, say at the time the November funding framework agreement was negotiated.     But MSD has some very sharp advisers on the case and I'd be astonished if they have put MSD in a position where it couldn't step in, if MM dicked them around stadium-wise. 

OK.

Or not? Why wouldn't there be more sign of that other than CK whinging?

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

OK.

Or not? Why wouldn't there be more sign of that other than CK whinging?

my guess is that the Boro Wycombe nonsense is the cause of the delay, and that the delay has nothing to do with MM and nothing to do with defaults. 

The reason there's no sign of ongoing defaults is quite simply that the defaults don't matter to the club, once we're in administration. And they don't matter to 202 so long as MSD is still supportive. It's quite possible btw that all the debt is now on demand or pretty close to it. We don't know

The reason ck is whingeing about MM and defaults I reckon is because he seems to have lost; and because he has been infected by Stretford and Wayne's dislike of MM. And the reason this forum is asking itself whether Mel is still pulling the strings is because for many on here MM is the anti-christ and if there's a chance to accuse him of further skulduggery, it will not be missed. 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

The reason ck is whingeing about MM and defaults I reckon is because he seems to have lost; and because he has been infected by Stretford and Wayne's dislike of MM. And the reason this forum is asking itself whether Mel is still pulling the strings is because for many on here MM is the anti-christ and if there's a chance to accuse him of further skulduggery, it will not be missed. 

Thanks, Mel. ?

5 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

And the reason this forum is asking itself whether Mel is still pulling the strings is because for many on here MM is the anti-christ and if there's a chance to accuse him of further skulduggery, it will not be missed. 

I don't think he's the anti-christ, he's simply beneath contempt for the totally cowardly way he's ran away from the mess he's created and shafted club employees and small businesses and potentially jeopardised the total existence of the football club.

We all make mistakes in life but non of us exist in a vacuum and would have a million times more respect for Morris if he admitted he did makes mistakes but then strive with every nerve and sinew to make them good before passing control of our club to someone else instead of abdicating any form of responsibility for the mess he's left the club in.

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I don't think he's the anti-christ, he's simply beneath contempt for the totally cowardly way he's ran away from the mess he's created and shafted club employees and small businesses and potentially jeopardised the total existence of the football club.

We all make mistakes in life but non of us exist in a vacuum and would have a million times more respect for Morris if he admitted he did makes mistakes but then strive with every nerve and sinew to make them good before passing control of our club to someone else instead of abdicating any form of responsibility for the mess he's left the club in.

And exactly how do you know he ran away from the mess? David, who runs this site says he was owed money for ads for Derby which he stopped doing as soon as went into admin. And that's  the point of going into admin...  to protect the creditors, otherwise the debts just get bigger and bigger.

You assume that the alternative was Morris could pay these debts himself. Some other posters on here say he has loads of money in his bank account. 

Well personally i haven't seen his bank account.  But our debts are £56 million, and still growing apparently. You think he has that much in realisable funds?  Well he may do, but I haven't seen any evidence of it anywhere in all of the Gellaw companies , any Companies he has any significant control over he seems to have nothing there at all.  So I wouldn't make such sweeping statements without being sure of my ground. 

And I think he did try hard to avoid admin. He tried (for over two years) to sell the club. So it really isn't true he just walked away is it? 

Of course Morris has messed up. But that doesn't mean he is trying to shaft us. Unlike Gibson and Couthig, who really are. 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

And exactly how do you know he ran away from the mess? David, who runs this site says he was owed money for ads for Derby which he stopped doing as soon as went into admin. And that's  the point of going into admin...  to protect the creditors, otherwise the debts just get bigger and bigger.

You assume that the alternative was Morris could pay these debts himself. Some other posters on here say he has loads of money in his bank account. 

Well personally i haven't seen his bank account.  But our debts are £56 million, and still growing apparently. You think he has that much in realisable funds?  Well he may do, but I haven't seen any evidence of it anywhere in all of the Gellaw companies , any Companies he has any significant control over he seems to have nothing there at all.  So I wouldn't make such sweeping statements without being sure of my ground. 

And I think he did try hard to avoid admin. He tried (for over two years) to sell the club. So it really isn't true he just walked away is it? 

Of course Morris has messed up. But that doesn't mean he is trying to shaft us. Unlike Gibson and Couthig, who really are. 

Just like he did St John's Ambulance a favour and we had to have a whip round to settle Morris' debts. 

Think your rose tinted glasses are becoming a little fogged up.

25 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just like he did St John's Ambulance a favour and we had to have a whip round to settle Morris' debts. 

Think your rose tinted glasses are becoming a little fogged up.

He's not allowed to cherry pick the creditors, to pay them off before he puts the club into admin.  By all accounts, he's also been very generous with charitable donations, but that's not relevant here, so ignore that bit!
None of us "had" to contribute to any whip round.  Think "Charitable donation(s)".
The club's debt to St John Ambulance still stands.  Nobody has paid that debt off. 
There is no letter s... or an apostrophe... on the end of St John.

Other than that...

Edited by Mucker1884