Is Mel still 'pulling the strings'?

RoyMac5

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

He's not allowed to cherry pick the creditors, to pay them off before he puts the club into admin.  By all accounts, he's also been very generous with charitable donations, but that's not relevant).
None of us "had" to contribute to any whip round.  Think "Charitable donation(s)".
The club's debt to St John Ambulance still stands.  Nobody has paid that debt off. 
There is no letter s... or an apostrophe... on the end of St John.

Other than that...

I contributed to the "whip round" as thought it was shocking that they would go unpaid. Or charitable donation if that's the euphemism ?

13 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

He's not allowed to cherry pick the creditors, to pay them off before he puts the club into admin.  By all accounts, he's also been very generous with charitable donations, but that's not relevant here, so ignore that bit!
None of us "had" to contribute to any whip round.  Think "Charitable donation(s)".
The club's debt to St John Ambulance still stands.  Nobody has paid that debt off. 
There is no letter s... or an apostrophe... on the end of St John.

Other than that...

Edit

Edited by Tyler Durden

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I contributed to the "whip round" as thought it was shocking that they would go unpaid. Or charitable donation if that's the euphemism ?

Bless you... but "charitable donation" is still more "accurate description" than "euphemism"!

It's not soft to show your caring side.  Nor do you need to explain your reasons.  You can just admit that you made a charitable donation.  It's actually a nice thing to do.  Endearing, even.  

Have a like (*See reaction to your previous post... that's what a like looks like!)  ?

2 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Bless you... but "charitable donation" is still more "accurate description" than "euphemism"!

It's not soft to show your caring side.  Nor do you need to explain your reasons.  You can just admit that you made a charitable donation.  It's actually a nice thing to do.  Endearing, even.  

Have a like (*See reaction to your previous post... that's what a like looks like!)  ?

Thankyou I'd almost forgotten what they looked like ?

P.S. sorry for being mardy

2 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

And exactly how do you know he ran away from the mess? David, who runs this site says he was owed money for ads for Derby which he stopped doing as soon as went into admin. And that's  the point of going into admin...  to protect the creditors, otherwise the debts just get bigger and bigger.

Do you actually believe the guff you sometimes write? He (Morris) ran up £56m of debt before the Club went into administration; a lot of the creditors (particularly the unsecured ones) presumably relying on his repeated assurances that he would continue being a benefactor until a new owner was found. Your assertion that going into admin. actually protected the creditors is as fatuous as it is insensitive.

11 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

We all make mistakes in life but non of us exist in a vacuum and would have a million times more respect for Morris if he admitted he did makes mistakes but then strive with every nerve and sinew to make them good before passing control of our club to someone else instead of abdicating any form of responsibility for the mess he's left the club in.

This. A million times over.

It’s the case with Morris, Keogh and anyone else who ducks up.

9 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Do you actually believe the guff you sometimes write? He (Morris) ran up £56m of debt before the Club went into administration; a lot of the creditors (particularly the unsecured ones) presumably relying on his repeated assurances that he would continue being a benefactor until a new owner was found. Your assertion that going into admin. actually protected the creditors is as fatuous as it is insensitive.

iram there is no need for insults. So you are questioning how Morris could run up a debt of £56million before going into administration. A fair question, like you say he did indicate he would carry on providing support until a new owner was found. But no new owner was found, so he had to bite the bullet.  What would you have done? Carry on trading at a loss? That may not even be legal.  

32 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

iram there is no need for insults. So you are questioning how Morris could run up a debt of £56million before going into administration. A fair question, like you say he did indicate he would carry on providing support until a new owner was found. But no new owner was found, so he had to bite the bullet.  What would you have done? Carry on trading at a loss? That may not even be legal.  

I am sorry if you considered my comments personally insulting. It is impossible to put myself in Morris’s shoes, as I have no idea of his net worth at the time he a) ran up the debt, and b) put the club into Administration. My guess though is he remains pretty wealthy, and he chose to walk rather than put more money in.

If I was owner of the Club, I would not have racked up the debt unless I was prepared to personally repay it. As @Revsaid yesterday, any Club owner should be under a moral obligation to transfer the Club to a subsequent owner in no worse condition than it was acquired.

22 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Seems to be gaining some acceptance that it is Morris 'pulling strings' and holding up a deal?

image.thumb.png.df1e8682e4aefd349bb7fcd721a9f28e.png

Lies lies and more damn lies. I said as soon as the administrators moved in that they were acting in the same manner as MM. The imminent buyer also nonsense, too convenient as the admins toes were starting to be held against the fire!

Now I’ll stick my neck out again and say the “deal with hmrc,” is also absolute BS as well. The deal with HMRC is the same as anyone else, you pay what you owe. If there was any form of deal then players would be shifted straight away!

MM/administrator are calling hmrc bluff thinking no one has the guts to liquidate. I’m absolutely sick of the situation.

50 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

The original observation was based around your comments that Morris put the club into administration to protect creditors not how he managed to a rack up a £56 million debt in the first place.

Seems weirdly misguided that you are somehow lauding Morris for doing this.  

10 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

The original observation was based around your comments that Morris put the club into administration to protect creditors not how he managed to a rack up a £56 million debt in the first place.

It's more like £180m in debts when you include the 'soft loans' to Mel himself. OK, it looks like they will be written off, but you do have to wonder if Mel ever put a penny of actual cash in.

My feeling is that he put £8m a season of equity in to keep the FFP calculation at £13m and the rest has just been various layers of loans.

20 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I am not lauding Morris for anything. Just saying that to describe it as "walking away" is a distortion of the facts. Appointment of administrators is an appointment of people whose statutory duty is to act in the interests of the creditors, and to try and get a better deal for them than the alternative. It is not insulting to the unescured creditors to say that.. because the unescured creditors could get nothing at all if the club went into liquidation.

And as iram says none of us know how wealthy Morris is so just saying he should pay off £56 million of debt makes it sound easy. None of us know whether that is even possible for him to do so why keep saying that's what you want him to do?

26 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

And as iram says none of us know how wealthy Morris is so just saying he should pay off £56 million of debt makes it sound easy. None of us know whether that is even possible for him to do so why keep saying that's what you want him to do?

If we don't know, then it could be possible! Afterall Morris keeps appearing in 'rich lists' but I suppose he could be a Brit version of the Fake Shiek?

edit: oh and I totally get that he might not want to spend his money, but that's a different matter!

Edited by RoyMac5

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If we don't know, then it could be possible! Afterall Morris keeps appearing in 'rich lists' but I suppose he could be a Brit version of the Fake Shiek?

edit: oh and I totally get that he might not want to spend his money, but that's a different matter!

Yes I think Sunday Times said he was worth £500 million.  But where is that money? .. all his Companies seem to have nothing in them.    

47 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

It's more like £180m in debts when you include the 'soft loans' to Mel himself. OK, it looks like they will be written off, but you do have to wonder if Mel ever put a penny of actual cash in.

My feeling is that he put £8m a season of equity in to keep the FFP calculation at £13m and the rest has just been various layers of loans.

The soft loans are not to Mel, they are loans from him to the club. Which , I am sure you are glad to hear , he will not see repaid.  

23 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Yes I think Sunday Times said he was worth £500 million.  But where is that money? .. all his Companies seem to have nothing in them.    

Lol. So you're saying Mel is a 'fake sheik'?! He's got to the point where he doesn't WANT to pay anymore, which was why he has been desperate to get rid. Even Mel told us he was going to keep funding the club.