Stoke City (A) Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

7 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I think we’ll have a lot of tired bodies after yesterday. Might need a few fresh faces.

I know the games will come quickly but considering we had no games for two weeks and more players are coming back into the squad I think we can pretty much go again for this game at least.

1 hour ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Not sure if it’s on or off. Seen on bet365 off but now it’s back on???

just got my money back on the ticket because I’m not getting a negative test after 6 days.

I see 4 of the 7 Championship games tonight are off including Reading v Fulham, so I guess Monday's game may be in doubt.  West Brom's game tomorrow is also off and I wonder if that will have an impact on COVID cases in our squad.

Edited by Wistaston Ram

36 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

I see 4 of the 7 Championship games tonight are off including Reading v Fulham, so I guess Monday's game may be in doubt.  West Brom's game tomorrow is also off and I wonder if that will have an impact on COVID cases in our squad.

I think sky said in the build-up on Monday that Preston had already postponed the Baggies game for Thursday. 

If Lawrence is fit that will freshen up our attack which was quite lightweight especially in first half. Jags back too if Spearman was overworked but he has hardly played so could still be fresh. 

it’s high time we won away but this is one of the trickier ones so would be happy with a draw. 

40 minutes ago, Indy said:

DCFC article says it’s because it’s classed as a bank holiday fixture? I don’t understand how it could be though - wouldn’t that have been the Boxing Day game (delayed to 27 Dec)? 

Whoever sorts these fixtures out must be utterly incompetent or taking a massive backhander, or both. Switch the Reading and Stoke games and it would be a sell out, but we can’t even pay to watch it at home.