Stoke City (A) Matchday Thread

Inverurie Ram

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Last time I went to a football match in Stoke it was against Port Vale.

What a fork king crap hole the whole city..

Last time I remember going Vale park was The Bald Eagles first league game in charge.

Very dull 0-0 with a very disjointed performance. It was August yet somehow felt freezing cold on the terrace 

Little did we know what was going to happen that season once everything came together!

3 at the back? Or 4-3-3? My guess:

Allsop
          Jagielka  Davies  Forsyth
Byrne  Thompson  Bird  Knight  Jozwiak
                 Plange  Lawrence

Surprised that Stearman misses out after a great performance last time out... however, I get that fitness (with the average age of our defence) has to be managed and he'll probably start on Monday.

COYR! 3 wins on the bounce... when did that last happen?!

Edited by Black ('n' White) Sheep

2 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Shame for Stearman and Festy to be dropped after very good performances.

Other than that I’d probably have given CKR a game, although Lawrence’s return helps Plange.

To be fair we played two/ three days ago was it but they are involved if needed hopefully Lawrence and Jozwiak put in decent performances 

4 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Quite attacking and a little bit scary!

We need wins, a team that struggles to score we can't really go out there with the mentality of defending and nicking one on the break.

The defence has improved, but we're not clinical enough to take the one chance when it comes.

Genuinely have no idea how Plange has retained his place after Saturday and I expect CKR doesn’t either…

Sibley not in squad is telling I feel….

Watson having now gone 14 sub appearances without getting a single minute (must be a record) is out the squad completely and he’s become the forgotten man….well, along with a couple of others who have disappeared off the planet when it looked like they may contribute…

3 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Genuinely have no idea how Plange has retained his place after Saturday and I expect CKR doesn’t either…

Sibley not in squad is telling I feel….

Watson having now gone 14 sub appearances without getting a single minute (must be a record) is out the squad completely and he’s become the forgotten man….well, along with a couple of others who have disappeared off the planet when it looked like they may contribute…

I agree with Richards not starting as we get more from him as a sub in my opinion - maybe Sibley has a knock or covid isolation who knows - I see Shinnie is still absent