The Administration Thread

Boycie

52 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Some contradictory stuff coming out here.

"It's clear there is no preferred bidder"

"It's clear this is going on into next season"

"We have been told that hopefully in the next 4-5 days something will happen"

Rooney putting pressure on the administrators quite clearly. Fair play to him.

If the takeover takes twelve weeks (or more) as Ashley rep said then even after PB is announced it could drag into next season. I wouldn't see how it is clear that it will drag into next season though its possible it could.

2 hours ago, alram said:

is it obvious? because all the noises around hmrc and the new ruling would suggest that its not negotiable? they went through the courts to get the ruling, they wont throw it out on the first case

But it's still a negotiation. They might demand 100%, but with a payment plan. They might settle for 25%. None of us know.

The point is that it could be that uncertainty that is holding things up. Maybe the highest bid is contingent on HMRC settling for 25% and they're refusing to commit?

12 minutes ago, Betty Swollocks said:

My prediction is that no PB will be found and Mel Morris will take us back out of administration as the alternative for him is no club and thus no use for his Stadium.

Can he even do that? I would assume not, but who knows. 

5 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

But it's still a negotiation. They might demand 100%, but with a payment plan. They might settle for 25%. None of us know.

The point is that it could be that uncertainty that is holding things up. Maybe the highest bid is contingent on HMRC settling for 25% and they're refusing to commit?

The administrators have been in dialogue with HMRC otherwise they wouldn't have said HMRC are onboard so will have a good idea what they want. What is the point of naming a PB if the administrators know the bid will fail with HMRC.

41 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

May as well liquidate us now, call us Derby City and make Bradley Johnson our club ambassador.

Frightening comments from Rooney.

One very clever comment from him though "we don't know if we have a pitch for next season".

I wonder why that is.

Debatable whether we've got a pitch this season.

2 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Can he even do that? I would assume not, but who knows. 

He sure can, He's not been banned from any sort of directorship, But we all know...or most of us do, Or some of us do, Or maybe one person does ?that he'll say...I'll be Back image.png.95f46a87d0ee2e803bf68001676b3b88.png

1 hour ago, StarterForTen said:

That's not true. The ultimate holding company remained in administration for many years but the football club assets were sold out to a phoenix almost immediately - it was a pre-pack deal from Ken Bates.

As I recall they went from one season to the next in admin to allow Bates time to get his poo together and he stopped the club going to someone else in July. They only came out of admin after the season started when HMRC dropped a claim for more money.   Took a month longer than he thought. Sure that was the case.  It was about 13 years ago mind. My main issue is someone making sure we don't have to go down that route. 

15 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

The administrators have been in dialogue with HMRC otherwise they wouldn't have said HMRC are onboard so will have a good idea what they want. What is the point of naming a PB if the administrators know the bid will fail with HMRC.

We haven't named a preferred bidder.

1 hour ago, Cam the Ram said:

Years of embargos and EFL charges, then put into admin and when we think finally we can start a fresh next season (albeit under an EFL business model) we now are told we're in for another season of poo. Cheers Mel 

Pardon my ignorance but who the duck is Elias Burke.

Burke's rhyming slang, apparently.