The Administration Thread

Boycie

9 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I think he was a director in name only with not much say on what happened. If you look back at what he has done and given our club anyone even doubting his integrity in any of this must really question themselves about whether they actually support Derby County.

Now in fairness to Iram that isn’t what he said . No one doubts Roy macs integrity. With hindsight he probably regrets being a director because technically that comes with it certain responsibilities that he maybe wasnt equipped to handle. 

But I think we should all just let it rest. Roy is a legend and always will be. 

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Thanks brailsford. And what exactly could Roy have done? Challenge Pearce and the auditors on their compliance with FRS102 ? Challenge Morris that he doesn’t believe him when he says he will fund the club until a buyer is found?

II agree Pete but we can only surmise. If he had knowledge of what was happening then he would be liable. If he has to defend himself I hope Morris will be his main witness.We can't be sure but I'm with you in our thoughts on this.

28 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Thanks brailsford. And what exactly could Roy have done? Challenge Pearce and the auditors on their compliance with FRS102 ? Challenge Morris that he doesn’t believe him when he says he will fund the club until a buyer is found?

Any non-exec was certainly in a difficult position re amortisation. If the board was functioning well the change in accounting policy would have been raised at Board level, it was that important. Quite possibly it was not. An experienced non-exec who was aware of the change might have asked : ‘are we really the only one out of 72 clubs who is not using a straight line basis’  ?  Against that, the auditors clearly approved the policy so it would be a hard call 

anyway, RoyMac will be fine but it’s a shame he has had these worries 

Tyler pipes up on legal matters...

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

Does corporate manslaughter ring any bells? The days of directors saying they knew nothing about what their managers were upto went out with square wheels so unless a director fancies a trip to the slammer it's in their interest to demand to know exactly what's going on in their business. 

The rest of the forum...

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

I'm not sure what the hold up is now the administrators have written to all three parties for their offers.

Offers coming back?

Assessment of the offers?

We're still in the 10ish days timescale.

Obviously, given Quantuma's track record I'd be amazed if we hear anything this week.

Also been no noise to the effect Couhig has been delt with.

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Offers coming back?

Assessment of the offers?

We're still in the 10ish days timescale.

Obviously, given Quantuma's track record I'd be amazed if we hear anything this week.

Also been no noise to the effect Couhig has been delt with.

Thank you for being a voice of reason?.

I am desperate for a preferencial bidder to be named so we can start planning for next season and tieing up our players to new contracts.

2 hours ago, Gritstone Ram said:

I think he was a director in name only with not much say on what happened. If you look back at what he has done and given our club anyone even doubting his integrity in any of this must really question themselves about whether they actually support Derby County.

I don't think anyone is, certainly not me hence my use of 'inadvertently',  but it is reminder of the responsibilities involved even if you have little real power.  

11 minutes ago, sage said:

I don't think anyone is, certainly not me hence my use of 'inadvertently',  but it is reminder of the responsibilities involved even if you have little real power.  

I never suggested you were but I think people are over playing RMs involvement. If anything he was a club ambassador. Anyway he’s got another chance according to the EFL.