The Administration Thread

Boycie

38 minutes ago, Barrytheanon said:

Wisdom is back training with us

Without wishing to cast too much validity over what Barry says here - I walked the dog on Darley Park at lunchtime today and Andre Wisdom jogged past me.

Make of that what you will. I assume he hadn't jogged all the way from Birmingham

1 minute ago, Stive Pesley said:

Without wishing to cast too much validity over what Barry says here - I walked the dog on Darley Park at lunchtime today and Andre Wisdom jogged past me.

Make of that what you will. I assume he hadn't jogged all the way from Birmingham

Would’ve probably got lost and ended up at Branston Water Park

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I think it's a case of "last chance to up your bid before things are final, updated with regards to Middlesbrough and Wycombe attached"

It's a case of much of the work has been done on each side and getting to who has the best figure for the creditors.

10 days might still be optimistic from quantuma but the process isn't starting from scratch either.

Preferred bidder before the end of march (possibly with a very clear indication well before) is my guess, takeover complete by end of season.

Ashley’s PR guy said that it would be 12 weeks for the takeover to be fully completed. not a problem as long as funding is guaranteed for this season and Rooney can add some free agents to the squad, discuss contracts etc 

2 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

Ashley’s PR guy said that it would be 12 weeks for the takeover to be fully completed. not a problem as long as funding is guaranteed for this season and Rooney can add some free agents to the squad, discuss contracts etc 

It’s renewals of existing contracts I am most concerned about. 12 weeks or so from now takes us to end of season and near the end of a lot of player contracts.

Which years did we get the points deductions for? If its any of those mentioned in the article does that mean we can write some of the losses off and get our points back?

I also assume all of these changes are just enough to allow the likes of Gibson and Stoke and Bristol to remain conveniently compliant with ffp

7 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

EFL have changed P&S rules effective immediately, wonder if this will help us, includes something about claiming back up to 2.5m per season for Covid?! 

"In addition, EFL Clubs have agreed that a mandatory requirement for the amortisation of Player Registrations on a straight-line basis should be included."
Isn't the implication of this that straight-line amortisation wasn't a mandatory requirement previously?

So....now you are required to amortized player values in a straight line, but weren't before? Hummm.....

Also, presumably we can add the covid items the same as every other club?

Looking forward I don't really have a problem with it but it's very annoying that now a whole bunch of clubs look like failing (because our model was on selling players, I mean covid) the rules can magically be changed...

Just now, JfR said:

"In addition, EFL Clubs have agreed that a mandatory requirement for the amortisation of Player Registrations on a straight-line basis should be included."
Isn't the implication of this that straight-line amortisation wasn't a mandatory requirement previously?

It never was.

It wasn't that we were using a different method than straight-line - just that we didn't properly show our (terrible) working out.

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

It’s renewals of existing contracts I am most concerned about. 12 weeks or so from now takes us to end of season and near the end of a lot of player contracts.

I think if (and it's a big if) everything is working its way through there are plenty in the squad would give it a few weeks grace if they wanted to stay. If they wanted out, fine, they'll go anyway. 

And of course, depending on what division we're in, and not starting on -15 or anything.

The impact is that Clubs will be able to claim lost revenues or exceptional costs directly relating to the pandemic up to a value of £2.5m for the reporting period 2021/22. Clubs can claim up to £5m for seasons 2019/20 and 2020/21.

Happy to be proven wrong - but I don't think any of these years were ones we were deducted points for. 19/20 is possibly the only one we were?

4 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

How about the 12 points for going into administration? Wasn’t Covid the main factor for that?

Because Mel pooping out of paying the bills and not wanting to deal with the EFL and their buddies anymore was the real reason, no matter what was said at the time.

I know we put that argument about and despite the above, it did hurt us more than some other clubs.

I doubt we'll ever see those 12 points again, even if we try. And all the other championship clubs would cry.