The Administration Thread

Boycie

5 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

General gist is sports lawyers don't think Wycome and Boro have a leg to stand on.

I suspect Gibson knows that - it's such a paper-thin "trumped-up" charge that has more holes than a Swiss cheese - but he is demanding the EFL takes it seriously to delay the process of coming out of Administration; he is behaving like a totally vindictive barsteward. How will the EFL deal with this? I'm not confident they will choose wisely based on their previous...

23 minutes ago, TomG said:

I have to say that it would look really good on Gibson's CV, that he was responsible for liquidating one of the founding members of the football league.

Gibson would not care. He just wants money, and possibly distract his own fans about Boro’s failures at promotion over the last few years. These chairman probably don’t care that much about other clubs or the sanctity of the English game. Also, didn’t he and Boro attempt to bring their own case in front of the league arbitration panel but this was rejected back in 2020?

Edited by angieram
Remove personal insults

3 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Gibson would not care. He just wants money, and possibly distract his own fans about Boro’s failures at promotion over the last few years. These chairman probably don’t care that much about other clubs or the sanctity of the English game. Also, didn’t he and Boro attempt to bring their own case in front of the league arbitration panel but this was rejected back in 2020?

Yes, he did.

Was thrown out.

Could someone enlighten me as to how middlesborough and wycombe come after Derby as a club plz ? . Surely this has to do with the efl not charging us in the correct year and Mel Morris's version of Derbys  accounts . How can the club be punished surely its the EFL and Morris who should be the ones facing those accusations . 

I really dont get it at all , its beyond me . 

How can Morris just walk away from this and claim he is a fan and leave Derby to pick up the pieces of a possible court case with middleboro and wycombe . 

Edited by angieram
Remove personal insults

13 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

This is what I don't really understand. If he wants money it doesn't make sense to kill a club and pick the bones. It makes sense to do it properly and get paid a proper amount if he is successful.

This is why it's not about the money, at least I don't think it is. If we take him down a proper process with this from a position of relative stability then he knows it'll probably get chucked out so he is vindictively trying to pressure us now when we can't fight it effectively.

I just think Gibsons goal is to ensure we do not get taken over until it can’t make any difference to this season - make sure we don’t do anything in jan to strengthen.

I can’t see it being anything else. He knows he can’t win, everybody knows there’s no case - the fact no one has put a proper reputable piece out there about it other than tabloid rubbish is cause no one really sees it as anything but posturing.

In BBC articles and sky etc it’s only ever a tibet at the bottom. Im surprised it’s taken this long for someone to finally ask a sports lawyer to offer their opinion - that as we all could of guessed essentially shuts it down. 

Let’s just hope this week is the week whether Appleby or Ashley - that we get a preferred bidder and start solving the mess and put these guys (Gibson and Wycombe) on the back burner. 

21 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Could someone enlighten me as to how middlesborough and wycombe come after Derby as a club plz ? . Surely this has to do with the efl not charging us in the correct year and Mel Morris's version of Derbys  accounts . How can the club be punished surely its the EFL and Morris who should be the ones facing those accusations . 

I really dont get it at all , its beyond me . 

How can Morris just walk away from this and claim he is a fan and leave Derby to pick up the pieces of a possible court case with middleboro and wycombe . 

It’s all about getting on the creditors list/causing as much trouble for the takeover as possible.

They can’t do it via the admins or court, so they try to strong arm the  EFL.

Edited by Ramarena

1 minute ago, Ramarena said:

It’s all about getting on the creditors list. They can’t do it via the admins or court, so they try to strong arm the  EFL.

How do the EFL get them on the creditors list? Is that even possible? SUrely if the administrators or the courts can't do it, the EFL won't be able too? 

5 minutes ago, Ramos said:

I just think Gibsons goal is to ensure we do not get taken over until it can’t make any difference to this season - make sure we don’t do anything in jan to strengthen.

I can’t see it being anything else. He knows he can’t win, everybody knows there’s no case - the fact no one has put a proper reputable piece out there about it other than tabloid rubbish is cause no one really sees it as anything but posturing.

In BBC articles and sky etc it’s only ever a tibet at the bottom. Im surprised it’s taken this long for someone to finally ask a sports lawyer to offer their opinion - that as we all could of guessed essentially shuts it down. 

Let’s just hope this week is the week whether Appleby or Ashley - that we get a preferred bidder and start solving the mess and put these guys (Gibson and Wycombe) on the back burner. 

I think this makes a lot of sense to be honest. Perhaps it's just him trying to make sure no new signings can come in, and the case will magically disappear once the window is shut?

29 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Yes, he did.

Was thrown out.

I wouldn't say "thrown out". After negotiations with the EFL, he agreed to drop his case if they charged us and they agreed that he could go after us for compensation if their charges stuck. This is explained in the LAP decision on Boro's Arbitration case where they tried to piggyback on the EFL's case against us. That's what delayed us getting our sanctions. 99% of the f'wits in Middlesbrough and Wycombe don't know this of course.

16 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Please, please can other Lawyers make their opinion known.

3A3AFDD8-D36B-44F3-AB66-A0578FAE63BE.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Maharan said:

How do the EFL get them on the creditors list? Is that even possible? SUrely if the administrators or the courts can't do it, the EFL won't be able too? 

I think this makes a lot of sense to be honest. Perhaps it's just him trying to make sure no new signings can come in, and the case will magically disappear once the window is shut?

The admins can place a company or organisation they think has a valid claim on the creditors list. A court can order the admins to place a creditor on the list if they make a judgment in the claimants favour.

As for the EFL I think it’s a case of their ability to hinder the takeover