The Administration Thread

Boycie

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Are you serious? This would really wind me up. Well I’m wound up already.. EFL should have stopped this much earlier or the rules should have been much clearer … speculative claims between clubs of this kind should not be allowed. 

I've been saying for months this will happen......I'd be gutted they get away with it....but not surprised...EFL ducking joke 

Edited by angieram
Remove swearing

1 hour ago, PistoldPete said:

Are you serious? This would really wind me up. Well I’m wound up already.. EFL should have stopped this much earlier or the rules should have been much clearer … speculative claims between clubs of this kind should not be allowed. 

Sadly, that’s the way amendments to rules/new legislation often works. It sometimes takes a test case to focus peoples minds on claims or loopholes that they had never thought of before or thought would never happen. It will be annoying if we are that test case but I do think something needs to change to stop it happening again.

Listened to Colin Murray thing on 5 live. Its about 9 mins in bbc sounds. As expected update piece with no new news! Maguire on - said he heard Ashley in pole position, Binnies seemed to have gone bit quiet and Abbleby seemed to be having trouble pulling consortium together. Which is what any of us could have said and he obviously has no idea!!! No news but quite nice little summary with fans view from a lady called Jane

18 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Sadly, that’s the way amendments to rules/new legislation often works. It sometimes takes a test case to focus peoples minds on claims or loopholes that they had never thought of before or thought would never happen. It will be annoying if we are that test case but I do think something needs to change to stop it happening again.

True , but at the risk of triggering a kevin vs me nerd tennis match again, I think there are already rules that EFL could have applied  to stop this.. just like with Spygate yes they changed the rules there to make it specific that you couldn't spy on the opposition. But there was already the utmost good faith requirement.. and Leeds were found guilty anyway under that existing rule. That  could also have been used to stop these ambulance chasing claims,  that are tantamount to blackmail for a club like us in financial distress.

2 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Listened to Colin Murray thing on 5 live. Its about 9 mins in bbc sounds. As expected update piece with no new news! Maguire on - said he heard Ashley in pole position, Binnies seemed to have gone bit quiet and Abbleby seemed to be having trouble pulling consortium together. Which is what any of us could have said and he obviously has no idea!!! No news but quite nice little summary with fans view from a lady called Jane

Wasn't Maguire on here yesterday? Maybe that's why wanting to find out any news from us. All he got was all our yesterdays on shops in bygone Derby. Maybe he can use that another time.

14 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Wasn't Maguire on here yesterday? Maybe that's why wanting to find out any news from us. All he got was all our yesterdays on shops in bygone Derby. Maybe he can use that another time.

Yes I think so. I just wish he was as keen to highlight/question other possible creative accounting like overseas club transfers as he was ours. Perhaps he is but we dont hear. He does seem to hope we get out of this anyway.

5 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Don't want to re-open an old debate as such but I'm still confused as to what rule we broke by using the amortisation method we did? Inland Revenue seemed happy, our accountants happy, IDC happy apart from communication issues..............What rule did we break Mr Maguire?

The Efl “let’s try and punish Derby any which way we can” rule. 

15 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Don't want to re-open an old debate as such but I'm still confused as to what rule we broke by using the amortisation method we did? Inland Revenue seemed happy, our accountants happy, IDC happy apart from communication issues..............What rule did we break Mr Maguire?

Going against industry standard I guess

1 hour ago, CBRammette said:

Yes Kieran, I can read twitter and forum pages as well!! haha.

5 minutes ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Going against industry standard I guess

But you would think that's a case of "Come on lads we prefer you to be in line with industry standards so alter accordingly from now". It certainly doesn't deserve the absolute kicking we got. I know we are all a little more relaxed as we are moving forward it seems but this still all stinks like crazy. 

30 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Try asking Simon Jordan .

He told me it was wrong .

17 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

A bit more on topic…….. My Emoji view of potential new owners;

Binnies ?‍♂️   Anyones guess…….
Appleby ?  Steady Eddie…….

Ashley ?  Could go either way, steady Eddie or Boom, Premier league here we come

what’s yours?

Alonso ? Nutty as a fruitcake

31 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Not drawing it in crayon so the EFL could understand it.

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Appendix 5, Part 1, Paragraph 1.2

Annual Accounts must be prepared and audited in accordance with all legal and regulatory requirements applicable to accounts prepared pursuant to Section 394 of the 2006 Act

As per IDC, the club didn't adequately disclose the new amortisation policy.
Then according to the LAP, we debatably didn't meet FRS 102 requirements due to not reliably "reflecting expected pattern of consumption of future economic benefits from the [players]". I say debatably because the IDC felt the policy did reflect the expected pattern.

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

IIRC He said it was clearly wrong. It was not clearly wrong to the EFL’s finance director at the time, DCFC auditors, the forensic accountant on the IDC.

But clearly wrong to a permanent tanned windbag on talk poo.

If the EFL change all the their rules after they have done us what does that say.