The Administration Thread

Boycie

I don't think the FA would want to join in the growing sh it-storm surrounding EFL conduct, ilkley, other than having a sneaky drink with Parry & cronies at matchday exec suites they might collide at, or they would just laugh up their blazer-sleeves down the phone about us, when they have a phone catch-up!

Edited by Woodypecker

5 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

"They've turned down £2m for Tom Lawrence in the last 6 months of his contract."

On the Boro forum. Who offered us £2M for Tom?

That would be no one ! - I believe we were offered £250,000 for Lawrence by Bournemouth but why would a player leave for Bournemouth apart from a good contract with the club likely to be needing another manager soon and playing in front at best 12,000 - not everyone would want to do that when they can speak to any club in the summer and decide what and where they want to play. 

1 hour ago, Grumpy Git said:

Just had a reply from my MP who has forwarded a letter she received from the Minister for Sport, I guess its a carbon copy of what others have also received?

"Thank you for your correspondence of 3 February, on behalf of your constituent, Mr Grumpy Git, regarding Derby County Football Club (FC).

I am replying as the Minister of Sport.

As you may be aware, the government continues to engage closely with the English Football League (EFL) about Derby County FC. I am in regular contact with the English Football League and have discussed the matter with the appointed administrators of Derby County FC. Ultimately, it is for the EFL, the administrator and the club to resolve issues to ensure the survival of Derby County FC, but the government has urged pragmatism from all parties to find a solution for the benefit of fans and the community that the club serves.

It is right that the EFL preserve the integrity of the league on behalf of all member clubs, however, I should stress that all parties want to see one of the founding members of the Football League continue this season and beyond under appropriate ownership.

The Fan Led Review of football governance made proposals directly addressing how to prevent clubs ending up in such difficult financial situations. We have endorsed in principle the primary recommendation of the review, that football requires a strong, independent regulator to secure the future of our national game. The government is now working at pace to determine the most effective way to deliver an independent regulator, and any powers that might be needed.

Thank you again for your letter.

Nigel Huddlestone MP Minister for Sport, Tourism, Heritage and Civil Society"

Haven't done a word count, but there's an almighty overuse of electrons in that PDF.

I think that statement was read out pretty much word for word by Jacob Rees Mogg in reply to question from Pauline Latham. Rees Mogg obviously didn't have a clue what he was reading he doesn't follow football at all , he  is a huntin shootin and fishin man.

6 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I think that statement was read out pretty much word for word by Jacob Rees Mogg in reply to question from Pauline Latham. Rees Mogg obviously didn't have a clue what he was reading he doesn't follow football at all , he  is a huntin shootin and fishin man.

Rees Smog not having a clue….no change there then ?

1 hour ago, Brailsford Ram said:

The reason that every season nowadays one or more EFL club finds itself hit with penalty points deductions for breaching P&S can be traced back to 1991 when the PL broke away from the EFL, thereby destroying the fair competition practices for all clubs that had previously prevailed  since the founding of the EFL. The flood of TV money into the PL since then, most of which has been channeled through Sky, has destroyed the level playing field that all clubs enjoyed playing on. The dreams of fans in the lower leagues of their clubs to rise through to the top tier of English football have been extinguished. In my time watching football, Northampton, Leyton Orient, Oxford, Swindon, Barnsley, Oldham, Bradford City, Wimbledon, Reading, Notts County, Wigan and maybe others realised those dreams for a while but now never again. So Sky has to take a big share of the blame. The same company that pays Mr Moron's wages.

I have the complete Sky package of broadband, phone, TV and it costs me over £130 a month. I have had Sky since its inception but no more after reading Laurence Moron on twitter today. I have just come off the phone after informing Sky that I am terminating my whole contract and transferring next month to BT, citing the comments of Mr Moron about DCFC for leaving. The very polite lady who tried to to persuade me to stay, said she fully understood and she would report it upwards within the company just how much Mr Moron's non-impartial comments had angered the DCFC fanbase. 

And who masterminded this breakaway cartel? One Rick Parry. Chairman of EFL, who sponsor Sky. 

29 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Never heard of David and Goliath? and there's quite  a few Davids you know.  

On the other point you might have got her name wrong and mistyped it. Or she might have deleted your contact details by mistake. Always live in hope. If she tells you to get lost creep, then even i would get that message.

If she liked someone she would never in a million years delete the contact details by mistake. Would be saved elsewhere also

50 minutes ago, David said:

Don't think the sum I am owed is large enough to have an impact like that. 

Also it's a bit like when you're dating, when you send a message and receive no reply, don't send another as they are not interested.

Actually a great tip right there for anyone that is on Tinder. You might think she's the one, but if she's ignored your message, well you ain't the one for her.

She might have dropped her phone in the North Sea. It happens you know. Allegedly. Just ask Rebekah Vardy. 

24 minutes ago, winktheram said:

Nobody did.

Pity we as fans cannot put a claim on Middlesbrough for all the mental anguish they had caused us the fans. Times of course just before their year end do it has to sit on their books and hurt their ffp. Sorry forget we are derby and the EFL could actually find a rule somewhere or other to ignore us

35 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

"They've turned down £2m for Tom Lawrence in the last 6 months of his contract."

On the Boro forum. Who offered us £2M for Tom?

He’s doing alright on their forum. He’s had several pay rises since the beginning of January starting at £27000 up to £37000 by February. Gets me how these ‘in the knowers’ know the contracts of player but don’t even know what their owner is actually up to.

8 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

He’s doing alright on their forum. He’s had several pay rises since the beginning of January starting at £27000 up to £37000 by February. Gets me how these ‘in the knowers’ know the contracts of player but don’t even know what their owner is actually up to.

Shall I start a piss take thread ' great news Lawrence to sign new 4 year deal on 50k a week' . Then we can watch forums in Bristol, Boro and Forest melt in flames

scanners-michael-ironside.jpeg

2 hours ago, David said:

What do you believe reg 4.4 is in place for, don't ignore what's written in the brackets as it's very relevant. It says that only the EFL can take action.

Rule 4.4 is very clear. But it’s a tiny piece of the jigsaw. It relates only to the duty to act in utmost good faith re FFP. Not to other aspects of FFP, not to other aspects of the rule book. Others have stated that but you keep going back to it 

3 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Rule 4.4 is very clear. But it’s a tiny piece of the jigsaw. It relates only to the duty to act in utmost good faith re FFP. Not to other aspects of FFP, not to other aspects of the rule book. Others have stated that but you keep going back to it 

But it's the only duty there is to another club apart from 3.5. And 3.5 , duty not to slag off another club is the duty that Boro has broken, not us.  Well I have , I slag Gibson off al the time, but I don't count. 

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

You are cherry picking lines from it.

It's not just talking about good faith. 

And yes, I will keep going back to it until we have an official answer. 

9617CE53-C407-4424-BAAA-90C686238094.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Shall I start a piss take thread ' great news Lawrence to sign new 4 year deal on 50k a week' . Then we can watch forums in Bristol, Boro and Forest melt in flames

scanners-michael-ironside.jpeg

Bit extortionate that… we should only charge him £30k a week to play 

15 minutes ago, David said:

You are cherry picking lines from it.

It's not just talking about good faith. 

And yes, I will keep going back to it until we have an official answer. 

9617CE53-C407-4424-BAAA-90C686238094.jpeg

Found the section where even Mel Morris referenced this regulation @kevinhectoring, accusing Boro of doing exactly what you are doing. 

BE1E9743-054D-4A71-9EDE-E367B20F5E67.jpeg

I will apologise for not moving on from this, I understand you do not want to see us criticising the EFL who have ignored insolvency laws, and now their own regulations.

I just don't believe your tactic of rolling over and allowing the EFL to do as they please is the best way forward. Sorry.

6 minutes ago, David said:

Found the section where even Mel Morris referenced this regulation @kevinhectoring, accusing Boro of doing exactly what you are doing. 

BE1E9743-054D-4A71-9EDE-E367B20F5E67.jpeg

I will apologise for not moving on from this, I understand you do not want to see us criticising the EFL who have ignored insolvency laws, and now their own regulations.

I just don't believe your tactic of rolling over and allowing the EFL to do as they please is the best way forward. Sorry.

Has anyone ever seen @kevinhectoring and a gibbon in the same room?