The Administration Thread

Boycie

2 minutes ago, I8Forest78 said:

Why are people so bothered about how much money any of the owners spend??We’ve tried the throw millions and millions at it and didnt work.Rooney has proved he can find bargains on a none existent budget so I would be more than happy for Ashley to come in and stablise the club.UTR???

He’s done well but he’s found bargains which have made us just about competitive.

We need new signings to make us successful. Davies and Jagielka are great for this season but they can’t go on forever.

We need a younger CB, a goal scoring midfielder and two forwards if we are to rise up the ranks.

Our younger players can fill the spaces at FB and midfield. Plange and Stretton need to show this season that they can cut it at senior level.

23 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Give it a rest please @RoyMac5. You are clearly spoiling for a fight.

I have already said that very few wealthy entrepreneurs, if any, have a clean ethical record.

I have no idea of the dealings of other potential buyers but Ashley's practices are in the public domain.

We are both agreed that the important thing - to all of us - is that the club is saved and continues to exist.

Now, please drop it and don't do like you did over Cocu and harp on about it in each and every one of your posts. It spoils what are, otherwise, good and interesting arguments. Thank you.

I've no interest in doing that mate as long as you don't harp on about Ashley's business ethics. That was the point you were anti-Ashley because of that but conveniently forgot to put forward the 'Mother Theresa'-like figure who would save the club!

Of course Ashley is no saint but he also isn't as bad as painted in the media and by Newcastle fans. 

When you get off your bandwagon I'll join you on reasonable ground!

1 hour ago, FindernRam said:

Do we know why Ashley, after his torrid time with fans at Newcastle, would want to get involved with football again?

Do we know what his relationship with Gibson is like? That part of the world is partisan at so many levels It wouldn't surprise me if Ashley wants in, to spite Gibson!

He gets to advertise his businesses again and gets another business he can potentially sell for hundreds of millions somewhere down the line like he did with Newcastle.

And he's a cockney. He won't care about any of the local rivalries in the north east.

1 minute ago, GenBr said:

He gets to advertise his businesses again and gets another business he can potentially sell for hundreds of millions somewhere down the line like he did with Newcastle.

And he's a cockney. He won't care about any of the local rivalries in the north east.

Plus he just wanted a bit of fun at Newcastle, well he can start the bounce here! ?

Ashley was early 40s when he took over Newcastle. Nearly 60 now and looking to step down in one of his roles at the Fraser Group in May 2022. He’s on a mission to take Derby to the top. 

The grief he got from Newcastle fans I think will spur him on to go one better than what they do in the future. 

This could just be an unbelievable coup from somebody that knows what they are doing in so many ways. 

He’s not just buying Derby as an advertising tool for one of his brands. I’m sure he can do that a lot cheaper than buying Derby County. 

28 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I've no interest in doing that mate as long as you don't harp on about Ashley's business ethics. That was the point you were anti-Ashley because of that but conveniently forgot to put forward the 'Mother Theresa'-like figure who would save the club!

Of course Ashley is no saint but he also isn't as bad as painted in the media and by Newcastle fans. 

When you get off your bandwagon I'll join you on reasonable ground!

Truce.

If you actually go back over the posts, I made a single post to the effect that I would prefer another owner to Ashley. That's all I said. I then came in for a torrent of abuse - much from people I expect more from - accusing me of not wanting the club to survive and so on.

So, all I was doing was answering those over-the-top condemnations. I was not on any bandwagon. I was not harping on. I was merely trying to defend myself in the face of the abuse.

As I have said several times now, if Ashley saves our club, I will be eternally grateful.

EDIT: just to add one more thing, I have already agreed there are few, if any, ethical entrepreneurs who could afford a football club, so I couldn't possibly name an alternative.

FYI: there were issues with Mother Theresa but.... Let's not go there ?

Edited by IslandExile

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Truce.

If you actually go back over the posts, I made a single post to the effect that I would prefer another owner to Ashley. That's all I said. I then came in for a torrent of abuse - much from people I expect more from - accusing me of not wanting the club to survive and so on.

So, all I was doing was answering those over-the-top condemnations. I was not on any bandwagon. I was not harping on. I was merely trying to defend myself in the face of the abuse.

As I have said several times now, if Ashley saves our club, I will be eternally grateful.

To be fair i think most ideally would sooner have someone else than Ashley but beggars cant be choosers . You know with Ashley if he does take us over and if we do go down he will invest within limits for players to get us out and run it like clockwork .He wants us back in the prem via investment to make a profit on us , its as simple as that to him and i for one am happy with that . 

But if you ask me about how he runs sports direct etc etc , i think that has been well covered by our own government and i also have the privelige of living near polishtown errrrrr i mean shirebrook , where the main warehouse is . The man not only looks like a bully i would hazard a guess he is one . But im happy with him taking over to take us to the prem and then hopefully sell us , that wil ldo for me . But yes i wish it was someone else . 

I dont want to go down the route we have gone before in appleby and rush we have done it we will go nowhere fast . 

41 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

i want an owner that keeps DCFC afloat. I’m not ambitious about being in the PL at all costs. It’s a fantasy league with show ponies trying to add to their stable of Bentleys etc

I’d be happy with a side like we have now.   committed, energetic and have desire to win. No big names please.

My wish would be that the so called elite teams form their own super league and leave English football to be reclaimed as a fair and even sport.

Agree, that would bring the excitment back into football for the rest of us. Football was so much better before the prem was formed.

22 minutes ago, Bald Eagle's Barmy Army said:

Ashley was early 40s when he took over Newcastle. Nearly 60 now and looking to step down in one of his roles at the Fraser Group in May 2022. He’s on a mission to take Derby to the top. 

The grief he got from Newcastle fans I think will spur him on to go one better than what they do in the future. 

This could just be an unbelievable coup from somebody that knows what they are doing in so many ways. 

He’s not just buying Derby as an advertising tool for one of his brands. I’m sure he can do that a lot cheaper than buying Derby County. 

There actually could be a grain of truth in this and you never know i myself have thought the same thing . What if he really wants to rub salt in the wounds of newcastle fans . 

5 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

So how do we sing “Mike Ashley - not one of our own” in a welcoming manner?

“He’s not one of our own but we’ll act like he is anyway, he’s not one of our ooooooowwwwwnnnnn, Mike Ashley, he’s not not one of our own but we’ll act like he is anyway” 

2 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

There actually could be a grain of truth in this and you never know i myself have thought the same thing . What if he really wants to rub salt in the wounds of newcastle fans . 

I’ll be honest with you, if was worth £6 billion, there’s no way I’d still be working or looking for new projects. I’d be living like a king and wouldn’t be worried about what Newcastle fans thought Of me. 

that said, that’s probably the reason why I’ll never be worth £6 billion..

15 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Truce.

Truce.

It appeared you were including me in those making over-the-top condemnations. When from the beginning I just asked for clarification of your anti-Ashley comments. I also was NOT harping on or on any bandwagon other than Ashley looks a good bet (if interested) to save our club and was coming in for biased press.

If you look into Ashley and his football and retail dealings he doesn't seem to be the devil incarnate and neither is he (the media version :D) Mother Theresa.

#COYR

ps I was right about Cocu ? ? 

1 hour ago, Topram said:

no wonder Appleby came out the other day trying to rush things through, this has clearly slowed it down again 

Yes like CK did when he thought/knew he was outbid by Appleby & Co. I was always in favour of Appleby & co as they know the club and got us the point of nearly getting there last time. However i think the ruthlessness of Ashley and his team is probably just what we need right now. I also hope he would sort the efl and the likes of Boro and Wycombe. Sick of tone-deaf Newcastle fans saying he will ruin the club - I would welcome that ruin resulting in a sale to owners they seem happy with compared to the last 2 years of off-the-field catastrophe taking us very close to possible liquidation. Also would prefer most sponsors to gambling firms. Hopefully one party will buy us and start the big sort out

17 minutes ago, Maharan said:

I’ll be honest with you, if was worth £6 billion, there’s no way I’d still be working or looking for new projects. I’d be living like a king and wouldn’t be worried about what Newcastle fans thought Of me. 

that said, that’s probably the reason why I’ll never be worth £6 billion..

The thing is, even the mega rich get bored and often need a project or challenge to keep them entertained.