The Administration Thread

Boycie

17 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Oddly in about the 1st 30 seconds (?) she said she was positive (am I misremembering?) but then went on to firmly 'manage fans expectations'. 

She did say that she thought pressure was being bought to bare on the right people now (or words to that effect).

The bigger picture of ‘positives’ I think, is that the EFL/administrators are on a better wavelength with that joint statement yesterday

Reading between the lines, without listening to what the MPs have said today, I think everyone is beginning to realise the problem and solution is probably closer to home than the Wycombe/Boro scenario. It’ll be interesting to see what comes out of the 2.30 meeting I think.

27 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-press-conference-live-6565522

Rooney:

"I've just come off the phone with them (administrators) five mins ago. Where we are at, there is no big update I can give you.
There will be no players leaving.
They have reassured me Tom Lawrence will not be going and that is pleasing because he is a player I want to keep.
Everton approached my agent and asked me to interview for the vacant job which I turned down. I have a job here I am doing, which is an important job to me and that means me getting the team ready for Sunday."

What a guy. Roooooooooooooney.

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

What a guy. Roooooooooooooney.

Indeed What A Guy. I think we could do with a morale booster this evening with Chris Poulter announcing that Mel Morris has stepped down from his position as a business ambassador for the council and Wayne Rooney is to be given the Freedom of the City of Derby.

Wayne Rooney - "Once a Blue always a Blue" and "Once a Ram always a Ram."

Ironic that Frank Lampard who lost his dream job at Chelsea is now the favourite to take Wayne's dream job at Everton while Wayne sticks with us because as he promised, he's never walked away from a fight in his life. Derby County Legend.

On the Council-Mel meeting this afternoon.....

Someone suggested the council could indemnify the club against the chancers' claims and that Mel could indemnify the council.

(Presumably that's if Mel doesn't want to directly indemnify the club)

But how about Mel give the stadium to the council - is it already legally bound to host football matches? It should also be that the council cannot re-sell it, other than to the club at some future date.

I don't know how the debt to MSD comes into this. Mel could, of course, pay it off. Otherwise, the club could take it on as part of their rent agreement with the council.

46 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

You are not getting it are you. Morris did overspend, and broke FFP limits, ultimately hoping he would get away with it by getting promoted. His spending in the Lampard era was his last big gamble, before deciding getting any of his money back via a sale involving that chancer Samuelson (was his best way out).

As for taking Sheffield Weds position up with Dyson, I won’t bother thanks as I am still waiting for a refund from them on a vacuum.

Actually I think he had a Plan B to sell the club which would also have got around FFP. 
and that plan messed up too. If you want to give Mel a piece of your mind you can gatecrash the council meeting if you want. 

anyway focusing on Sunday now .. fill the stadium and still hope of The Great escape.

2 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Mirror reports Administrators as willing to accept 500k for Lawrence.

Our last chance of staying in the championship.

Given what Rooney’s said, I think if Lawrence is sold in the next few days then there will be a mob with pitchforks and flaming torches marching to Quantuma Towers, and Wayne will probably be at the head of it.

26 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

The bigger picture of ‘positives’ I think, is that the EFL/administrators are on a better wavelength with that joint statement yesterday

Reading between the lines, without listening to what the MPs have said today, I think everyone is beginning to realise the problem and solution is probably closer to home than the Wycombe/Boro scenario. It’ll be interesting to see what comes out of the 2.30 meeting I think.

Very complex issues, We would like to comment but confidentiality says we're unable too, We had a frank discussion concerning DCFC, We're aware of the serious issues at stake, There are a lot of stakeholders here including DCFCs fans, Contrary to what some have reported Andy Appley is still happy to take the reigns of DCFC, It was good to hear Wayne Rooney dismiss an approach from Everton, We hope to have more to report at our next meeting.

Now we know how Blackadder felt when waiting for that phone call when he's going to be executed, Is this death by a 1000 cuts?

12 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Actually I think he had a Plan B to sell the club which would also have got around FFP. 
and that plan messed up too. If you want to give Mel a piece of your mind you can gatecrash the council meeting if you want. 

anyway focusing on Sunday now .. fill the stadium and still hope of The Great escape.

How would selling the club get round FFP?

11 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

If the EFL refuse to rule on it then I see no other way. Galling as Q could have done this months ago had either party been talking to the other. ?

Still, the EFL won’t like us taking this down the legal route but I can’t see how they can stop us. The threat of expelling us from the league, but would they? I think they would shed whatever credibility they had left if they even tried.

Edited by StaffsRam

1 minute ago, StaffsRam said:

If the EFL refuse to rule on it then I see no other way. Galling as Q could have done this months ago had either Parry been talking to the other. ?

Still, the EFL won’t like us taking this down the legal route but I can’t see how they can stop us. The threat of expelling us from the league, but would they? I think they would shed whatever credibility they had left if they even tried.

Probably just end up with -45 point deduction and we're only 6 points off safety this time next year.