The Administration Thread

Boycie

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

There's lots of connections between parties involved in this whole affair, some more relevant than others. I'm not sure why Ian thinks a campaign against the behaviour of the EFL would have needed surreptitiously promoting by Quantuma through a proxy though. It's not as if DCFC fans thought the EFL were doing a great job even before we went into Administration!

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Think the EFL leave themselves open to claims if they allow this circus to continue. 

I think the EFL haven’t twigged to the fact that if that happened and you have a bunch of clubs with grievances, it won’t be us that they come after because we won’t exist anymore, it’ll be you EFL. Good luck with that. ?

Edited by StaffsRam

1 minute ago, PistoldPete said:

So some guy who sat on a panel with quantuma is the son of a former MP who used to represent Mel Morris , along with about 30,000 other constituents.

is that the most tenuous connection in history?

Really you don't think that Mel and his MP were chums? Wasn't there some political event held at PP?

4 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

But it’s now a joint statement, efl have done this to stop Quantuma criticising them and pointing finger at efl.

My read of it is that Quantuma have not made much progress with anything. Same issues on the tracker. They do represent the creditors, but seem to be taking the easy road and selling players to satisfy them.

If I were  a bidder  I would reduce my bid by the full market value of the players sold.

At the very least, Quantuma now seem to recognise that there is a tunnel. Whether there is light at the other end or whether it's a train coming in the other direction is yet to be determined.

Because their sole brief is to work in the best interests of the creditors, they must be convinced (and have convinced the creditors) that it is worth persevering, otherwise next week would have been our last.

That's as near to half-full as my glass has been for some time. 

3 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

So some guy who sat on a panel with quantuma is the son of a former MP who used to represent Mel Morris , along with about 30,000 other constituents.

is that the most tenuous connection in history?

This all leads to Kevin Bacon, I'm sure of it.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I will change my post as I realise, the administrators haven't failed at all.

No, they are doing exactly what they have been tasked to do.

Which is pay creditors, at some point and ensure 1 creditor in particular gets his extra large cut.

They aren't failing in that respect.

?

I understand your frustration Mackworth, I really do, but I am not exagerating when I say that not only is this the most complex insolvency process ever in footballing history, it is probably in the top 10 of most complex UK insolvency cases ever in the UK.

I think it was @Ghost of Cloughwho previously outlined the length of time insolvency processes took at other football clubs in the recent past. At not yet 5 months, we are not even at the average length of time on those previous cases (which I think was 9 months), all of which I can assure you would have been more easily resolvable than ours.

Everyone needs to chill. I have no doubts Quantuma are doing the very best they can under the most trying of circumstances, with the eyes of the football world, media and Government upon them. They will want just as much as us fans to get a deal over the line to avoid reputational risk, indeed to enhance future business opportunity. I am sorry those still aiming their venom at Quantuma are misguided. They are in the sh!te because Morris has put them and us there.

Just now, Eddie said:

At the very least, Quantuma now seem to recognise that there is a tunnel. Whether there is light at the other end or whether it's a train coming in the other direction is yet to be determined.

Because their sole brief is to work in the best interests of the creditors, they must be convinced (and have convinced the creditors) that it is worth persevering, otherwise next week would have been our last.

That's as near to half-full as my glass has been for some time. 

If this comes to a head in a month’s time and the unthinkable happens then the transfer window is shut so no player sales and no £££ from a buyer. We will be liquidated and the creditors will get equal shares of **** all. On that basis let’s hope that Q have given the creditors better assurances than the ones we’re getting.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really you don't think that Mel and his MP were chums? Wasn't there some political event held at PP?

Yeah but even if so... so what? It's a big leap from an MP supporting/befriending the owner of his local club when times are good, to continuing to bat for that owner after he's dumped said club into administration, when to do so would actually not be in the interests of the club.

20 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

Percy knows naff all.

Nixon knows naff all.

We need to stop giving them any credence.

HMRC and ground still issues? Doubt it. Q were ready to announce the PB weeks ago until EFL torpedoed us.

The axis of evil here is EFL, curly sue and that septic twit from Wycombe. Let's not forget that, or lose focus on the target.

Mate Percy and Nixon have been right about nearly everything. Mel Morris is still a major stumbling block in this and pulling the strings it’s plain to see. 

2 minutes ago, vonwright said:

Yeah but even if so... so what? It's a big leap from an MP supporting/befriending the owner of his local club when times are good, to continuing to bat for that owner after he's dumped said club into administration, when to do so would actually not be in the interests of the club.

Errr who cares. Mel has his interests and Q have the interests of the creditors. The EFL have their own interests to look after.

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

?

I understand your frustration Mackworth, I really do, but I am not exagerating when I say that not only is this the most complex insolvency process ever in footballing history, it is probably in the top 10 of most complex UK insolvency cases ever in the UK.

I think it was @Ghost of Cloughwho previously outlined the length of time insolvency processes took at other football clubs in the recent past. At not yet 5 months, we are not even at the average length of time on those previous cases (which I think was 9 months), all of which I can assure you would have been more easily resolvable than ours.

Everyone needs to chill. I have no doubts Quantuma are doing the very best they can under the most trying of circumstances, with the eyes of the football world, media and Government upon them. They will want just as much as us fans to get a deal over the line to avoid reputational risk, indeed to enhance future business opportunity. I am sorry those still aiming their venom at Quantuma are misguided. They are in the sh!te because Morris has put them and us there.

My biggest frustration is Mel.

Whether it's more complicated for some financial reason (not going to pretend I know anything about laws/regs etc.) or not, it feels like he's just being a greedy barsteward.

Not expecting him to do the right thing - but it looks from the outside as if he's being out right obstructive.

Where's his statement? He needs to be brought into the light.

EDIT:

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/Derby-county-takeover-mel-morris-6557585

Apparently, he's due to meet Derby councillors on Friday.

Edited by Animal is a Ram

Can it be really true that we are “losing” 750k a month barring Tom and perhaps Curtis I can’t see there being that many big earners left .. has ST money been spent ? Maybe it’s cash flow rather than profit/loss ? Curious 

Festy, Cashin, Tommo, Bird, Knight, Buchanan, Plange, Stretton .. who else are the Crown Jewels ? Will there be casualties ? Can we get something across the line and hope the window closes. ? 

Nerve wracking