The Administration Thread

Boycie

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

Just down to the amount to be paid for the takeover. I think the Wycombe and Boro cases are facetious and immoral and contemptible and baalocks and erroneous 

Agreed, I can’t see that Boro and Wycombe has any effect whatsoever on the sale, utter nonsense. The delay is that no one has committed to buy DCFC.

5 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

If they sell the players then it makes it less attractive to buy aswell especially with us having a chance of staying up 

Having worked in that sector for a while,  such quotes from the administrators support my thinking that we will be looking to sell two or three players at realistic fees, to assist a new buyer with meeting creditors agreements.  The offer made has been increased but not enough, probably need to find money on top to get things completed.  They'll also be getting twitchy over their fees and club funding for the remainder of the season.  In a strange way, bringing in 10 million in January to cover their outgoing fees, reducing wage to breakeven and stop more borrowing as well as  providing 10-15% of immediate cash needed to reduce liability, makes them a more attractive sale .  Its about the dollar signs rather than leagues at this stage in proceedings.  The bells not far of chiming if not.  

I’m a glass half full kinda bloke so I’ll set myself up for a bit of ridicule with positive take on the East Mids news article.  It was reported that Appleby and his gang are ready to take over as soon as the administrators allow.  I’m pretty sure that in one of their first interviews on Talk Sport, Quantuma talked about a handover period of around a month once the preferred bidder is confirmed.  Isn’t it possible that they’ve already been told they’re the preferred bidder, are finalising the finer details and entering the handover period.  Consultation and communication is also ongoing with the staff at the club.  This would tie in with Percy’s article at the start of the week that mentioned the takeover being completed in Feb.

Just trying to cheer people up ?.

24 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Why is John Percy hearing things like this from Quantuma yet the fans don't hear anything at all?

John Percy is hearing voices full stop!

When was the last time he got anything right? Who on earth can afford to through away tens of millions on day one after buying us? We might not sell anyone because it won’t even scratch the surface of the debt.

4 hours ago, Curtains said:

Just down to the amount to be paid for the takeover. I think the Wycombe and Boro cases are facetious and immoral and contemptible and baalocks and erroneous 

I can pretty much guarantee that the amount paid for the club will be £1. No one is going to pay actual money, as well as settling/taking on over £50m in debt. 

Maybe Rooney has said to the Admins which players he is happy to go for the right price. In turn the admins I would think, will make the interested parties aware of these potential sales too so they know what the could be inheriting.

I would think Marshall, Sibley & some other fringe players like Hutchinson & Watson who are out of contract in the summer would be on Rooneys list. Buchanan would be someone who could bring in a decent fee & not disrupt the squad too much if he went. Then Lawrence, Bird & Knight maybe if we really had to & the offer was too good to turn down.

1 hour ago, Gritstone Tup said:

Agreed, I can’t see that Boro and Wycombe has any effect whatsoever on the sale, utter nonsense. The delay is that no one has committed to buy DCFC.

Oh let's see now they want us gone and are trying to stop our take over from happening.

Appley seem committed to me and why would he lie about putting a bid in.

Stop being negative.

53 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Why is John Percy hearing things like this from Quantuma yet the fans don't hear anything at all?

Sure you know there are other people involved in transfer bids than just the club the offer is made to?

50 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If this is true, then liquidation looks less likely/unlikely.

They’d be accepting offers to pay as much to all creditors, as soon as possible if liquidation was a distinct possibility, before the players registrations default to the EFL upon liquidation and only football creditors have access.

As others have mention preserving the value of the squad suggests there’s a deal in the offing!

?